The Student Room Group

Interviews and confidentiality disclaimers: which medical schools use them?

Hey,

I'm wondering if those that have applied for medicine this cycle could help me out and let me know of any interviews you've had where you've been required to 1) sign a formal disclaimer, 2) been advised in an interview invite not to share interview information or 3) been advised verbally in the interview/before the interview. I'm trying to come up with a list for TSR and it'd help a lot.

Aberdeen: N/A
Birmingham: N/A
Imperial: N/A
Liverpool: N/A
Newcastle: N/A
Peninsula: N/A
Sheffield: N/A
Southampton: N/A
St Andrews: N/A
Swansea GEP: N/A
UCL: N/A
HYMS: N/A

Barts and The London: Disclaimer
Dundee: Disclaimer
Glasgow: Disclaimer
Keele: Disclaimer (?)
King's: Disclaimer
Lancaster: Disclaimer
Leeds: Disclaimer
Leicester: Disclaimer
Queen's University Belfast: Disclaimer

Cambridge: Letter (varies by college?)

UEA: Verbal
Manchester: Verbal
Nottingham: Verbal
Oxford: Verbal
Warwick GEP: Verbal

Edinburgh: Doesn't interview

BSMS:
Bristol:
Cardiff
Durham:
St George's:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Lancaster- I was required to sign a formal disclaimer not to discuss anything about the MMI.
I was required to sign for BL (I think, I can find out for you though), Leicester (definetely) and Keele (pretty sure I had to sign it in the pre-room wait before being called). Leciester also included that I was required to sign I had never attended a medical school before.
Pretty sure I had to sign disclaimer's for both Manchester and BL.. but not 100% sure :redface:
I'm pretty sure BL do as does King's as far as I know :h:
Reply 5
BL: I know I signed something for my BL interview... I'm just not sure what it was. I either didn't read it or forgot about it :frown:
Peninsula: I didn't get 1,2 or 3. In fact, after the first people were interviewed, the rest of us discussed it while we were waiting for ours (Provided the first person shared with us what was in the interview).
Imperial: Nothing. Some people were discussing it afterwards in the waiting room.
Nothing like that at UCL - but am willing to be updated with slightly more up to date information!
Reply 7
Nothing like that at Glasgow or Sheffield.
Reply 8
Advised verbally after interview at UEA
Reply 9
signed a disclaimer for Leeds
Reply 10
Nothing for Southampton either....
Nothing from Glasgow, Manchester or Newcastle this year.
Reply 12
I didn't have any of 1,2or3 at Glasgow, Aberdeen or St Andrews this year.
Think I signed for pms (not sure though it was a while ago), Did for Barts, didn't for Glasgow afaik.
(edited 11 years ago)
nothing for glasgow or aberdeen
Barts GEP told me verbally not to talk about it, Newcastle didn't.
Reply 16
Can anybody confirm what I've got from Keele (disclaimer), Manchester (disclaimer) and Peninsula (nothing)?
Reply 17
Original post by Beska
Can anybody confirm what I've got from Keele (disclaimer), Manchester (disclaimer) and Peninsula (nothing)?

Didn't get anything from Peninsula :smile:
Reply 18
I didn't get anything from Swansea GEP.
Manchester - we were told not to discuss it, but not formal disclaimer (people discussed it anyway, rather loudly as well :P)
Cambridge - they told us in a letter not to discuss stuff in the interview, but I don't think it was subject specific and nothing written
Imperial - nothing official nor were we told not to discuss

Quick Reply

Latest