The Student Room Group

The Official Stocks and Shares Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6900
Original post by Makaveli_The_Don
Yeah I'm still in both. HER is a bit of a nightmare

Her has lot of potential tho, they seem to be finding new areas to explore, if im right in saying. More exciting news probably in 2013 if im right?
Original post by vn2009
Her has lot of potential tho, they seem to be finding new areas to explore, if im right in saying. More exciting news probably in 2013 if im right?

Yeah by late 2013 HER could see exceptional growth. I have no need for the money in HER, so happy to leave it in there as a long term play
Reply 6902
Original post by PoorRichBoy
I wish I had opened a long CFD on barc at about 151 about 2weeks ago and sold on Friday at 171. Assuming I had about £5k, I could've opened a £50k position and made about £6k clear after financing costs etc..

how can you have done that, are you spread betting or something,

i trade shares but dont use leverage how do i use leverage and what stocker broker do you use
Original post by Ykhan
how can you have done that, are you spread betting or something,

i trade shares but dont use leverage how do i use leverage and what stocker broker do you use

For the love of god don't use leverage until you know exactly what you are doing.
Hi

I had an old account with III that I'm looking to re-activate. Should I give it a miss cos of the new £20 fees - which are ridiculous

I'm gonna call them to recover the account and cancel I think
Anyone use Guardian Share Dealing

Or Plus500?
Reply 6906
Xcite energy is up, after 4 months of doom!¬¬¬¬
Reply 6907
anyone man enough to buy JJB, I smell another GAME bouncing share
Reply 6908
Original post by rza89
Xcite energy is up, after 4 months of doom!¬¬¬¬

At long last :smile:
Reply 6909
Original post by Maccees
For the love of god don't use leverage until you know exactly what you are doing.

i know what leverage is. iv been using leverage to trade forex
Reply 6910
SAR is currently in adv stages of a licensing deal at the end of the year.

Anyone considering it? I'm still in at 3.12p - its currently stable at 1.5p, but given its potential and past performance on good news, it might be one to get into.

GKP has NOT been performing to expectations. Kind of annoying. Been watching for ages, I was expecting 220p this week.
Reply 6911
Original post by H.JJJ
SAR is currently in adv stages of a licensing deal at the end of the year.

Anyone considering it? I'm still in at 3.12p - its currently stable at 1.5p, but given its potential and past performance on good news, it might be one to get into.

GKP has NOT been performing to expectations. Kind of annoying. Been watching for ages, I was expecting 220p this week.

Im still in sar, think it was you who was still in it too, when i quoted you several months back! haha

Its risky to get back in, i wont be tho.

If gkp goes under 180p might top up, having sold some of ophr shares recently....
What brokers do you use for buying international stocks?

Also, does anyone here use a spreadbetting account to bet on movements in indices, commidities, etc.? If so any recommendations on what platform to use? Cheers
boom boom boom RMP is the biggest disaster evar
Reply 6914
Original post by theronkinator
Just seen III charge £20 per quarter now, my original £1011 in shares are now worth a pathetic ~£225. I've basically written the money off and am just going to keep them indefinitely and hope for the best. I'd really rather not lose another £80 a year to III anyone got any suggestions for me? It's two companies and one is a US OTC if that makes a difference.
Thanks.

Bloody hell. Glad i'm with h-l, only a share dealing cost, no quarterly fees
Original post by GeoLoggy
Bloody hell. Glad i'm with h-l, only a share dealing cost, no quarterly fees

Agreed, I closed my iii.co.uk account I opened in 2010, found 30 quid in there randomly also haha, and searched around and found H+L were a good alternative

There were dealers that were cheaper but would rather go with a respected name, and no quartely fee is the best for longer term/portfolio building
Reply 6916
Original post by Pink__Floyd
Agreed, I closed my iii.co.uk account I opened in 2010, found 30 quid in there randomly also haha, and searched around and found H+L were a good alternative

There were dealers that were cheaper but would rather go with a respected name, and no quartely fee is the best for longer term/portfolio building

Exactly my reason for going with them too. Also if you fancy a bit of spread betting/CFDs it is so easy to set up an account using IG Index through HL :smile:
Reply 6917
Anyone actively in $aapl?
Reply 6918
This thread's really dead.

What are people buying at the moment ? got some money to play with.
Reply 6919
Original post by Frube
This thread's really dead.

What are people buying at the moment ? got some money to play with.

Thinking the same..

Quick Reply

Latest