The Student Room Group

uclan pharmacy interview..

hii, i have a pharmacy interview next week for uclan and havent prepared for it... does anybody know what the interview is like? and the test?
It would be much appreciated
Reply 1
Hi, i have an interview this coming week too!! i think they ask you to write aside about something you have learnt in biology or chemistry. apart from that i dont know about anything else and am very scared!!!
Reply 2
I'm also scared as its my first interview.. What day is your interview? Mines on wednesday...
Reply 3
How was your interview? Did you get an offer?
Reply 4
Interview was okay but the test was hard. How was your interview? I got an offer 2 days ago which I was totally shocked as i thought i failed the test.. have you heard anything from uclan?
Reply 5
hi, please could you tell me what was the test at uclan was like and
what was on it. I have mine on wednesday.
Reply 6
Original post by h124
hi, please could you tell me what was the test at uclan was like and
what was on it. I have mine on wednesday.

The test in on maths, english and chemistry. the maths equations were to find a % of x, converting grams to mg, simple multiplying. there was a question naming the functional group of paracetamol. there was also a scenario question which had 5 questions which were all multiple choices and all the answers were in the scenario. there are only 15 questions altogether and you'll get 1 hour to do this and complete an essay which they give. learn simple conversions e.g grams to mg, kg to mg and g, ml to litres , as this will help you a lot in the test. Hope this helped... Good luck.. let me know how it goes :smile:
Original post by ma12
The test in on maths, english and chemistry. the maths equations were to find a % of x, converting grams to mg, simple multiplying. there was a question naming the functional group of paracetamol. there was also a scenario question which had 5 questions which were all multiple choices and all the answers were in the scenario. there are only 15 questions altogether and you'll get 1 hour to do this and complete an essay which they give. learn simple conversions e.g grams to mg, kg to mg and g, ml to litres , as this will help you a lot in the test. Hope this helped... Good luck.. let me know how it goes :smile:

Hi i also have my Interview on Wednesday.. I was just wondering if they asked any questions relating to your personal statement? Or was it just the same questions for everyone? :smile:
Reply 8
hi...they never asked any questions from my personal statements but we were put into groups of 5/6 before the actual group interview and they asked why pharmacy and why uclan.. you will be fine on wednesday.. best of luck :smile:
Reply 9
Hi there, what kind of english essay did you have to complete? Was it an essay that you had to write on a pharmacy issue/about a drug or anything along those lines? :smile:
Reply 10
Hi, it was an essay on the roles of a pharmacist so yours might be different but will be pharmacy related, nothing about drugs. the test had a question of the functional group of paracetamol which had to be named. hope this helps
Reply 11
Yeah thank youuu :smile: Also, what kind of questions were asked in the group interview? scenerio questions? or standard questions such as why uclan? why pharmacy? etc etc
Hi I have my Uclan interview for pharmacy on Wednesday...how was the interview structured? and what general interview questions did they ask apart from why pharmacy why Uclan? and do you have to know the molecular formula of paracetomol?
Reply 13
there was a mini group ice-breaker things of 6 people and i was asked why pharmacy and uclan. and in the actual group interview was off all the pharmacy applicants was a picture on the board and we had to discuss it. the interview is okay nothing to be worried about, just make sure your viewpoint is heard
Reply 14
no dont need to know the molecular formula
Hi i have an interview in February, i was just wondering is it a group interview and individual?
And can you actual revise for the test?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by katiel8281
Hi i have an interview in February, i was just wondering is it a group interview and individual?
And can you actual revise for the test?

Posted from TSR Mobile

hi, there is a little group ice breaker and then the actual interview is with all the pharmacy applicants so probably about 20 people, you will have to discuss about a picture , the test is easy and simple questions from as chemistry and biology and an essay to write about pharmacy.
Original post by ma12
hi, there is a little group ice breaker and then the actual interview is with all the pharmacy applicants so probably about 20 people, you will have to discuss about a picture , the test is easy and simple questions from as chemistry and biology and an essay to write about pharmacy.

Ohhhh right okay, has the picture got anything to do with science?? :P and thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone, I am a bit nervous about the kind of questions that will be ask in the test Please can anyone help me i have interview on Wednesday

Quick Reply

Latest