The Student Room Group

History OCR GCSE exam tips!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Could some one please tell me how to structure the 12 mark question (last question on paper 2 British Depth Study), i know i have to make a table and put sources for and against, but when it comes to writing how do i add the own knowlage and etc.
Reply 101
DOES ANY ONE KNOW HOW TO STRUCTURE A QUESTION :

why do these two sources give you different views of how far the liberals helped the poor?

Thankyou
Reply 102
Original post by Natalieportmanxx
So for a 6 mark question, if it asked you why a photo was taken, would you make a point saying 'it was takrn to show' .... Then describe the photo, giving detail, supported with background knowledge, then the affect of the detail and say possibly why someone would want it to have this affect?

Did you get do the depth study of germany which had the picture of a wolf and it asked why it was published in 1919?
Reply 103
Is anyone else doing the Rebecca Riots paper 2 for crime and punishment? I seem to be the only one :frown:
Original post by Michael's
Did you get do the depth study of germany which had the picture of a wolf and it asked why it was published in 1919?

Nope, one on America in the 1920s of a poor rural black family in Virginia. It asked why it was taken?
Reply 105
Original post by Natalieportmanxx
Nope, one on America in the 1920s of a poor rural black family in Virginia. It asked why it was taken?

When it asks you why a source was taken and published at that specific time you have to relate it to what is happening. For instance, mine was about communists in 1919 so I said it was published then to highlight the issue to the german people that if the Communists succeed in gaining power then there will be fierce consequences for the entire world. Get what I mean?
Original post by Michael's
We did the civil right movement too :biggrin: i got 49/50. I loved learning about all that kind of stuff and I will do it again in college apparently so I'll already have a good understanding.

When did you do this? Because we did our Civil Rights Movement coursework months ago and still haven't got our results:/ Did you get your results through school?
Reply 107
Original post by catherine95
When did you do this? Because we did our Civil Rights Movement coursework months ago and still haven't got our results:/ Did you get your results through school?

Yeah, we did it in school and like a few months later we got it back.
Original post by emstronners
We did the civil rights movement in America from 1945-1970, was quite straightforward tbh, was interesting because we studied a lot about Martin Luther King and got to listen to his speeches :smile:

What question did you answer for the coursework? How was it phrased?
Reply 109
Can I just ask, if you did the German Depth Study for History B, how did you find the Bolshevism source?
Reply 110
Lovin the chance the rapper icon there buddy!!! Huge Fan
We got told suffragettes if that helps
Original post by Molly154
We got told suffragettes if that helps

...seeing this is 2 years old... :biggrin:
Reply 113
Is it true that its 90% to get an A* in paper 1?
Original post by J__
Is it true that its 90% to get an A* in paper 1?

Yeah, then it goes down by 10% every grade
Any predictions on Germany and Cold War section??
Is anybody doing USA for paper one? (1919-1941) And does anyone know where I can access past papers for it?
Also, what grade would I need across both papers to get an A if I got full marks on the coursework?
ALSO! I need some help on how to answer 6 markers, 10 markers and the photograph and little extract questions? thanks
Reply 117
Is everyone convinced that it will be women for the british case study tomorrow?
no 2 points with detailed explanation is okay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending