The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:hugs: why do you hate being gay OP? I mean, do you hate yourself because you are gay or do you hate the issues that may arise in your life because you are gay?
you may have just had a crap experience with guys and/or coming out.
Reply 3
I'm going to ask you a question - why do you hate being gay? What is it about it that you really don't like?
Reply 4
I hate that im not a normal lad that everyone likes women and i hate im not a blokey bloke if you get what i mean.
Anonymous
I hate that im not a normal lad that everyone likes women and i hate im not a blokey bloke if you get what i mean.

Being gay doesn't make you not a 'blokey bloke', apart from the whole not liking women thing, and not being a 'blokey bloke' doesn't make you gay. The two are certainly correlated, but not directly linked. I'm gay, but I'm not camp in any sense. What is it you dislike, just being abnormal, or being camp?
Reply 6
Anonymous

Does it come more naturally to you to act feminine?

Or do you feel that being a gay guy you 'should' be more feminine?

Or don't you act feminine at all, because you don't feel like it's normal?

Who's to say what's normal and what's not.
im straight but im not a blokey bloke, i think you will just have to find a group of people you will feel comfy with and the rest will follow with urself!
Reply 8
I think you've confused gay with camp, OP?

One of my gay friends is incredibly camp and you can't miss it. His boyfriend, on the other hand, you'd think was straight.
Reply 9
I guess i've just become more camp its like i've fallen into this expected role and i dont know how to go back now
Reply 10
You can still be a blokey bloke and be gay. There are no rules anywhere saying you can't be both.

You are normal. Just because there are less gay people than straight people it doesn't make you any different.
Reply 11
i just wana act normal but i just seem to be camp i dont know why :-s

And I dont know my actual personality anymore
Sexuality doesn't change your perosnality in any way. Nor does it change who you hang out with, what you do etc. You ARE normal.
Reply 13
maybe you've just been basing your identity on your sexual preference because thats whats easiest when you're a teenager and struggling with your identity. if you dont feel comfortable with the image that you are projecting, if you dont feel that its "you" then just dont do it anymore. its not "going back" its just that you're growing up and getting to know yourself a bit better. everyone changes as they grow up. i was a goth for a while when i was 16 because i was struggling with my identity but it wasnt going back to change when i realised it wasnt who i am; it was a learning curve.
tom_tom_tom
im straight but im not a blokey bloke, i think you will just have to find a group of people you will feel comfy with and the rest will follow with urself!

Yeah but you're gay?

All the gay people I know are gay and proud!
Anonymous

I feel your pain.
Mastermind`
Yeah but you're gay?

All the gay people I know are gay and proud!

im straight

:hmmm:

n00b
Reply 17
lack of a legacy perhaps?

unlikely to ever reproduce
Reply 18
technik
lack of a legacy perhaps?

unlikely to ever reproduce

Leaving a legacy needn't be in the form of an offspring.

Also, a gay person can have a child, e.g. gay/lesbian couples who pursue surrogacy or IVF assistance.
I think the OP is yanking our chain. His comments don't make sense.

Well he pretty much sums up how I feel so I dont think he is. What he says makes sense to me.

Latest

Trending

Trending