The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
any? :frown:
Reply 2
what kind of a person is he. i mean appart from depressed.
a gift certificate for a lap dancing, and a round of beers
Reply 4
quiet? how do you mean? if i knew what he liked it would be easier. but i just want a universal gift cos i dono what he'll like
Reply 5
magiccarpet
quiet? how do you mean? if i knew what he liked it would be easier. but i just want a universal gift cos i dono what he'll like

universal gifts? um........
Reply 6
Box of quality streets/ other chocs?
a me2u bear :smile: well i'd want 1 n e way :p:
Reply 8
Chocolate, flowers, computer game, wmd, plutonium, a toy he likes etc etc
Reply 9
bring food (some kind of takeout like pizza with their favourite toppings) and they're fave film. or something like this. that sows you care/ know who they are.
Reply 10
ink cartridges?
cardboard boxes?
copper wire?
(you can finish the list off)...
Reply 11
Vodka Jelly? :tsr:
chocolate
try to imagen what your frind would wont he may just whont a mate to tork to so just go round the best gift is friendship just support him he may be going thro a rugth time at the minit and may not whont to tork so just let him know that your there for him when he whonts to tork to u it dose work some thing happen to me i did the the same loked my selth away for 2 weeks intill i opened up to a mate.

i have spelling probelm
Reply 14
Alcohol.
magiccarpet
my frind has stopped talking to anyone and wont go out. been like that for 3 weeks so im just gonna turn up at his home to see everything ok

but im desperate for any gift ideas to bring with me to make him happy, any suggestions?

Did you even half listen to what I said in the other thread...

IF HE IS CLINICALLY DEPRESSED AS YOU EARLIER STATED, A GIFT WON'T "CHEER HIM UP"...

Sorry to shout but, you gotta get him HELP, not a teddy n sum chocs...
Reply 16
is it mood swings or is he constantly depressed?
Reply 17
i dont kno. he just had a family problem, then he said to me the last time he saw me he just didnt wana talk, and he looked like was gonna cry. that was a month ago. im his best mate and he wont talk to me or txt back for 2 weeks now, no-ones heard from him and i said if he doesnt let me kno hes ok im gonna turn up there on tuesday. seems like he might be depressed, but not sure

i need a gift to bring for him therefore. i dont wana bring alchol as if he's sad i dont want him staying home alone drowning his sorrows or he might do sthg stupid. chocolate seems a bit naff, but i dont know what else.

i was thinking maybe chocolate and aftershave? or a necklace i know he likes?

but the gift is to show i care about him. a really expensive aftershave is nice but i dont want him to think i bought the gift for the gift to make him happy, you know?i just want him to know i care
try to imagen what your frind would wont he may just whont a mate to tork to so just go round the best gift is friendship just support him he may be going thro a rugth time at the minit and may not whont to tork so just let him know that your there for him when he whonts to tork to u it dose work some thing happen to me i did the the same loked my selth away for 2 weeks intill i opened up to a mate.

so go round in person and tork to.
do it you got to go round in person
You got to take the first step not him trust me i whnet throw the same thing as soon as my mate came round after 2-3 weeks of me looking my selft away i realized i can get over this whith my mate by my side

i have spelling probelms
Reply 19
yes i am going to go round there anyway. im really scared though, i've never been there and have no idea how to get to it!!

i just wanted to bring a gift as well though, as in the asian culture you have to bring a gift when you visit someone's home.

i cant bring alchohol in case he just stays in getting drunk alone and drowning his sorrows. chocolate seems a bit crap.i dono wat! :confused: :frown:

Latest