The Student Room Group
Have you got one for February then?

I still haven't heard a thing from BSMS. I guess I'll know where I stand with them soon since they're announcing all decisions (interview, reserve list, rejection) within the next three weeks.
Reply 2
Relax. They're very friendly, and dont try trip you up. I actually had a great day when i had my interview, as you get to talk to staff and current students for hours to calm you down before hand. Just prepare the usual stuff and you'll be fine! :smile:
Reply 3
Tom4510
Relax. They're very friendly, and dont try trip you up. I actually had a great day when i had my interview, as you get to talk to staff and current students for hours to calm you down before hand. Just prepare the usual stuff and you'll be fine! :smile:

This exactly.
Preparation wise, just do the usual stuff: make sure you're up to date with medical news, know your Personal Statement inside out and back to front, and make sure you are fairly familiar with the course :smile: Good luck!
Reply 4
Have mine for the 4th of February, see you there maybe.

I wonder is it better to do the tour or have an interview first?
Reply 5
Isiti
Have mine for the 4th of February, see you there maybe.

I wonder is it better to do the tour or have an interview first?

Unfortunately, you dont get the choice! We had the tour first, some talks, an IT demo thingy then a pre-interview chat for about 2 hours then my interview!(mine was the last interview of the day). It depends what interview group you're in though, as to what order you do these in.

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 6
i'm on the 7th! x
Reply 7
Anyone else going on the 7th feb?
Reply 8
Bubbles!
i'm on the 7th! x

Congratulations :smile:
Reply 9
randdom
Congratulations :smile:

Thanks...are you going to be on the panel..seeing as you're a 4th year?
Reply 10
Bubbles!
Thanks...are you going to be on the panel..seeing as you're a 4th year?

I did last year but not this year :smile:
Reply 11
Any advice...what was the thing most people slipped up on at the interviews?
Reply 12
I can't really say.

All I will advice is that you know your personal statement, you know what you have done and what you have learnt from your work experience and that you have read up on an area of medicine/a recent news story.

Its the same advice that everyone gives but that is because it really is the best thing that you can do :smile:
i never applied there but remember to smile a lot and shake hands coz i hear they like that
Reply 14
Shayilalraya
i never applied there but remember to smile a lot and shake hands coz i hear they like that

Smiles and handshakes, thats some good advice right there. Just incase you forget..