The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
PLEASE can someone do something similar for A2 English Literature.. I'm in despair.
Thanks MewMachine, that has been incredibly useful to me.

I am however a little confused on how the exam board differentiates between 'form' and 'structure'.

Could anyone provide me with a specific example? (I am studying Birdsong, Dubliners, Hardy & Auden if this helps, but really doesn't need to be from these texts).

Any at all. Once again thanks a million!

*Reason for edit - misspelling!
my teacher was told by AQA not to write intros or concs for part A as this would use up time.
Reply 43
questions for Gatsby that have already come up are:

- Section A, part a --> one on Chapter 3 and one on Chapter 7.
- Section A, part b --> one on "Gatsby's world, is it glamorous?" and one on "it is a tale of deception, murder and adultery, discuss."

Quoting isn't exact, just paraphrasing.

Hope this helps the person asking about it on the previous page.
Reply 44
thankx mate just wondering what is everyone doing for section b of the exam :smile: what are you doing for the revision of this i have made mindmaps of the 3 texts but then have a few bullet points for each texts :smile:

any other ideas :smile:
Reply 45
ADaniels92
questions for Gatsby that have already come up are:

- Section A, part a --> one on Chapter 3 and one on Chapter 7.
- Section A, part b --> one on "Gatsby's world, is it glamorous?" and one on "it is a tale of deception, murder and adultery, discuss."

Quoting isn't exact, just paraphrasing.

Hope this helps the person asking about it on the previous page.

Is the January paper available mate?
Does anyone have any sample answers? I would be incredibly grateful for a copy ...
Reply 47
Sparta
Is the January paper available mate?

Not for students, no; I only know because at my school we did a mock exam using the january paper, though we were not given the paper after the exam.

If anyone wants to know the only other section A questions that I remember are the Browning questions:

part a = Fra Lippo Lippi lines 1-39 (I think)
part b = Renaissance Art
Reply 48
Hey quick question, enjambement - Form, structure or language... I usually stick it in language, but surely it could fit into the other two??
Reply 49
ADaniels92
Hey quick question, enjambement - Form, structure or language... I usually stick it in language, but surely it could fit into the other two??

Probably could fit into structure, but i'm clueless as to how you could relate that to form, unless you made reference to the fact its a poem or something :confused:
Reply 50
Betty P
Probably could fit into structure, but i'm clueless as to how you could relate that to form, unless you made reference to the fact its a poem or something :confused:

Personally I would say it's structure.

How's everyone feeling about it? I'm not sending out any more sample answers unless I've been PMed for one and haven't responded yet- actually plan to revise at some point :yep:
Reply 51
I am extremely grateful for this. I know I have revived an old thread, but I am retaking this exam in January, so these tips are very, very appreciated.
Thank you. So so much.
Reply 52
I'm currently having a torrid time with Lit. I got messed around at school and I've ended up in year 14 doing the entire A Level in one year. Ouch.

Anyway, this might sound dumb, but I get everything else and this thread has really helped, so I thought I'd just clarify completely.

MewMachine

Start off with a brief (no more than a long sentence or so) introduction making a clear comparison of the styles.

(Section A, Part A)

The styles? This being Language, Form and Structure? I'm preying it's not something else hah.

Can't say I'm looking forward to this, but thanks for the thread. I'm going to PM you for a sample even though you said you won't give it! Even though you may not have it as this is old D:

EDIT: Okay I read somewhere else you've lost it, shan't bother.
does anyone remember the part b questions from last year? just to rule them out XD
Reply 54
Anna_The_Giant_Banana
does anyone remember the part b questions from last year? just to rule them out XD

Last year part B was Time and Character
Very useful thread , i'm resitting this tomorrow as I got a C in the exam last may when i was certain the exam had gone really well..

I wish I'd read these notes last year, I was under the impression that for section b you need only refer to your third text using 1 or 2 sentences. Also original post says that you should focus on only 2-3 poems not 1 which I did not know, I think I only mentioned Lamia in passing as I can't stand Keats.
Reply 56
georgebristow
Very useful thread , i'm resitting this tomorrow as I got a C in the exam last may when i was certain the exam had gone really well..

I wish I'd read these notes last year, I was under the impression that for section b you need only refer to your third text using 1 or 2 sentences. Also original post says that you should focus on only 2-3 poems not 1 which I did not know, I think I only mentioned Lamia in passing as I can't stand Keats.

Careful though the OP has said you need comparision for Section B but AQA have said this isn't necessary!
Just done the exam - how did you find it?
Reply 58
triste91
Careful though the OP has said you need comparision for Section B but AQA have said this isn't necessary!

If you read through it carefully, you'll have noticed I said a joining sentence between them for comparison is all you need, which is in line what AQA have said.
Reply 59
TheMeister
Just done the exam - how did you find it?

Enduring Love was awful :sigh: For Part B I did the crises question and that was okay I suppose. You?

Latest

Trending

Trending