Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1020
ahewitt
Will we have an iron?

I'm in Fylde Superior Ensuite if it helps

There's not usually an iron in the flat, but I think most colleges have some that you borrow from the porter's lodge on production of a library card.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
ahewitt
Will we have an iron?

I'm in Fylde Superior Ensuite if it helps

After a month of uni, I bet you will only use it when absolutely necessary. I used it onced in a whole year...

The trick is after using the tumble dryer hang them up STRAIGHT away. then you dont need to. A hard shake does the trick too :smile:
hmmm i hope we get somewhere decent to stay, rang em up and the woman at accomodations said there's usually nothing left for clearing people! :/xx
Reply 1023
Thank you. Does anybody know when we should expect to hear about accommodation then? Guessing its just however long as it takes. :\
Reply 1024
OK thanks guys lol
Just got my offer :smile: County College -Townhouse :biggrin: Very happy :smile:

Anyone else in them? :smile:
Reply 1026
I think I'll send an email asking/nagging now, haven't heard anything yet and my flight tickets will probably sell out if it's gonna be much longer. Should be a nice excuse eh? :biggrin: anyway, I don't want to call as the international call would be so expensive - which is the best email adress to use?? [email protected] ?
Reply 1027
Hanna444
I think I'll send an email asking/nagging now, haven't heard anything yet and my flight tickets will probably sell out if it's gonna be much longer. Should be a nice excuse eh? :biggrin: anyway, I don't want to call as the international call would be so expensive - which is the best email adress to use?? [email protected] ?

Maybe... or it might be worth emailing the cro of your 1st choice college - go direct to the source. Or, email anyone and everyone and then hopefully someone will reply :p:
Reply 1028
*banana
Maybe... or it might be worth emailing the cro of your 1st choice college - go direct to the source. Or, email anyone and everyone and then hopefully someone will reply :p:

Haha. I'll try that accomodation one first and see what happens. If nothing does, I'll go for your tip :wink:
Reply 1029
My Cred card cannot be authorised! I am gonna sit and cry. What should I do?
Solen

contact your bank to find out the problem. The tell the uni you are trying to pay but there is a slight problem and you are endeavouring to sort it out.
Reply 1031
Solen

This has happened to me a couple of times as it's a large payment that you don't make often so may have been flagged by fraud detection. As Ponpon said a phone call should sort it out!
Reply 1032
Can students go off campus after the michaelmas term ? Or do we have to stay on campus the full year ?
Reply 1033
anish220
Can students go off campus after the michaelmas term ? Or do we have to stay on campus the full year ?

You sign the contract for the year so are liable for rent for the full term of the contract unless you find someone to take your room (who is not vacating other uni accommodation) who is acceptable to the cro.
Reply 1034
AndyT
This has happened to me a couple of times as it's a large payment that you don't make often so may have been flagged by fraud detection. As Ponpon said a phone call should sort it out!

Thank you guys. This was only my dumbness, but I managed to pay for it. Ufff
Guys, I was just wondering do you know when we find out our room numbers and when we get our keys? Do we get a email or is it all sorted out in October?
Ishy_Blackburn
Guys, I was just wondering do you know when we find out our room numbers and when we get our keys? Do we get a email or is it all sorted out in October?

On Moving In day. You'll register first with the College, and then collect your keys from the Porters - Just tell them your name and they'll have a list with all the information on to work from.
All sorted when we arrive I believe, since they're not actually allowed to give any more details.
michaelbenson
On Moving In day. You'll register first with the College, and then collect your keys from the Porters - Just tell them your name and they'll have a list with all the information on to work from.

Okay, cheers!
Reply 1039
bestie
You sign the contract for the year so are liable for rent for the full term of the contract unless you find someone to take your room (who is not vacating other uni accommodation) who is acceptable to the cro.

Oh! I actually applied for a standard room but they gave me a superior en suite room. Being an international student, I have to stay on campus at least for some amount of time. My friend told me that I can talk to the accommodation officer once I arrive and see if there are any rooms available as a few students don't come and a few would want an en suite room.

How likely is this to happen ? En suite room is kinda expensive. I really want to switch to a standard room.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending