The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How crazy is this - Rangers sack their manager on the 31st October, 1st of November they hire the assistant, then on the 2nd they sack the new manager and install a caretaker whilst offering the job to the Dundee Utd manager, so if they hire him they'll have had four managers in a week!
Reply 9421
Original post by mackemforever
Here you go.

Download that, start a new game (make sure you follow the instructions in the thread), and you can play down to level 11.

To give you an idea of how low down level 11 is, if you think of your crappiest local team, they are probably on there!

I think I might give this a go, I'm enjoying my Liverpool save, but there is nothing more satisfying than taking a lower league team up into the big time!
I've had a good start to my third season in charge of AS Monaco FC, played 5 won 4 drawn 1 so far! Plus i qualified for the Europa league easily and drew my first group game 1-1 with Hamburg at their place :smile:

Unfortunatley though Steven Defour (signed him in the summer) got injured and will be out for 4 weeks, i reckon the team might struggle without him as he's been quality so far!

All in all though not too bad and i'm really enjoying this game so it's all good!
Reply 9423
Original post by Yoghurt
to follow up the season where i only conceded 13 goals in the premier league all year, 19 games into this season and i've already reached that tally. But not to worry, the team seem to be in free scoring form despite the 4 month injury to Torres, as I brought Dzeko in for free and after a slow start he's been terrific!

I also brought in a young striker called Gauno, with the plan to sell Lukaku as he hasn't progressed as much as I would have liked.

Balotelli has also been a useful signing and suprisingly hasn't kicked up a fuss about being used as a bit part player! But i'm just waiting to the day that he wants to leave, as he's 23 now and will probably want regualr first team football soon!

And finally i spent the best ÂŁ200k ever on a regen called Merji (or something like that), has the potential to become one of the star DMC's of the Premier League and scored on his professional debut against Aston Villa at the age of 16 :biggrin:

I love it when you find signings like that - I bought a regen from Wolves cost me 3m and he's the best DMC in my squad already and he's 16! Admittedly i'm only Southampton in the EPL but its a very good start! His stat's are improving all the time too.
Sheffield United just bought a 17 year old for ÂŁ7.25mil from Holland, odd to see such a random team pick up what looks to be one of the future best players on the game :eek4:

No doubt he'll be on the move again in a couple of years for triple that price.
is there no tsr network game going, or is that a bit too far

playing in league 2 is far too easy for some reason
Original post by robinson999
is there no tsr network game going, or is that a bit too far

Well get it sorted then!
Original post by Wednesday Bass
Well get it sorted then!

i've never done one before :p: so not too sure where to start with setting one up

could set the wheels in motion who would be up for it :p:

:no:

About to embark on my third season in there, I just can't find a goalscorer. Have someone on loan from Chelsea now who has been in great form pre-season, hopefully he can carry on throughout.
Original post by Colbert
:no:

About to embark on my third season in there, I just can't find a goalscorer. Have someone on loan from Chelsea now who has been in great form pre-season, hopefully he can carry on throughout.

its my first season there, brought droylsden up from the blue square north, i'm sitting within the top 3, David witteveen has been my top scorer got him in on a free, and Daniel Chitsulo on a free as well, they only have 10 goals between them 15th game in the season, other players pick up the odd goal here and there, league 1 was a bit hard with dagenham and the championship took a few goes to get out off via the play off

my parent club is shocking, so not used anyone from them
(edited 13 years ago)
I'm not sure if spending 20m on that 18 year old striker was a good idea. Hmmm. But in other news Jonjo Shelvey has upgraded to 'world class midfielder' :biggrin:
I had a conversation with Miles Jacobson in his house last week :biggrin:
*googles*
its my first season there, brought droylsden up from the blue square north, i'm sitting within the top 3, David witteveen has been my top scorer got him in on a free, and Daniel Chitsulo on a free as well, they only have 10 goals between them 15th game in the season, other players pick up the odd goal here and there, league 1 was a bit hard with dagenham and the championship took a few goes to get out off via the play off

my parent club is shocking, so not used anyone from them

I'm really pleased with the squad I have together now so I would be disappointed not to go up this year. Last season I should have walked it but morale fell apart in the last 10 games and we crumbled :facepalm2:

Original post by CreativeUsername
I had a conversation with Miles Jacobson in his house last week :biggrin:

Intruiged :beard:
Original post by Seanisonfire
*googles*

Miles Jacobson? If so you're the worst FM fan ever :frown:

I love FM, I know the workings of the game (eg how training effects the ME and the game, how certain attributes are weighted to other attributes, how hidden stats work in relation to the ME etc) inside out :biggrin:
Original post by Colbert
Intruiged :beard:

Found out he lived near me from a Twitter conversation with him, wasn't sure exactly where he lived from a picture he posted but had a rough idea. As I was about to give up a saw him cleaning up snow from his drive. I asked him about work experience at SI and he invited me in :biggrin:

He's considerably skinnier than you would expect.
Found out he lived near me from a Twitter conversation with him, wasn't sure exactly where he lived from a picture he posted but had a rough idea. As I was about to give up a saw him cleaning up snow from his drive. I asked him about work experience at SI and he invited me in :biggrin:

He's considerably skinnier than you would expect.

This is a great story :awesome:

Should have asked him to test the game properly next time :colonhash:

Miles Jacobson? If so you're the worst FM fan ever :frown:

I love FM, I know the workings of the game (eg how training effects the ME and the game, how certain attributes are weighted to other attributes, how hidden stats work in relation to the ME etc) inside out :biggrin:

you sound like a fag though
Original post by Colbert
I'm really pleased with the squad I have together now so I would be disappointed not to go up this year. Last season I should have walked it but morale fell apart in the last 10 games and we crumbled :facepalm2:

that sucks alot losing out like that, your club must have some money now spending a few years in league 2, i'm just trying to build up rep, and maybe move club to another country at some point
My top scorer is on fire this season so far!
22 goals in 18 appearances! Scored 4 in the last match (10 - 0 throbbing in the cup)