The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Subject: Chemical Engineering (via Natural Sciences)
College: Christ's
Outcome: Offer
Conditions: A*AAA in any order in Maths, F.Maths, Chemistry and Physics
How did you hear? (eg letter/phone/owl): Letter arrived on Friday and my dad telephoned the school as my phone was off.
How do you feel? Shocked and surprised, I was sure I would be pooled at best and rejected at worst as one of my interviews went badly.
Reply 201
Subject: ASNaC
College: St Catharine's
Outcome: Offer
Conditions: It didn't say in the letter :redface: I've already graduated though, so maybe that means it's unconditional.
How did you hear? (eg letter/phone/owl): My letter finally arrived!
How do you feel? I've just managed to stop shaking. I still can't really believe it. OMG.
Reply 202
Subject: Natural Sciences (Physical)
Outcome: Rejection
Conditions: your application was awful, please don't show up in October
How did you hear? (eg letter/phone/owl): my letter, surprisingly, finally arrived..
How do you feel? Exactly what I expected after my interviews, but I would lie if I'd say I wasn't slightly emotional, a bit disappointed and sad.
Reply 203
Subject: PPS
Outcome: Unconditional Offer!!!!
How did you hear? Phoned the admissions (my 3rd time in 5 days of waiting!!she eventually told me:smile: )
How did you feel? After 5 days of waiting..."eventually!!!". I mean i really have worried so much. but in the end of the day, the interviewer actually said to me before i leave the interview room : " you will know your result in January...Which will be the success of your application!" So i guess I am not very surprised at my offer :smile: my 2- year's work eventually meant something (gap yeared).
Subject: Music
College: Trinity Hall
Outcome: Rejection following pooling
Conditions: -
How did you hear? (eg letter/phone/owl): Email
How do you feel? So upset. Still half crying :bawling:
Subject: Mathematics
College: Magdalene
Outcome: Conditional
Conditions: A* in Additional Further Maths, A in Chemistry and S,1 in STEP II, III (any order)
How did you hear? (eg letter/phone/owl): By owl :biggrin: Well, email...
How do you feel? The conditions were attached to the email, so read the email at school and couldn't see the conditions till I got home. I was overjoyed, until I read the conditions and realised that I'm a long way from in yet...
Subject: Engineering
College: Trinity College
Outcome: Conditional offer
Conditions: A*A*A(Already got A* maths)
How did you hear? Email :biggrin:
How do you feel?: Relieved
Subject: Architecture
College: Sidney Sussex
Outcome: Pooled, offer from Churchill
Conditions: waiting to hear by letter, but assuming it's A*AA
How did you hear? Email
How do you feel? Woke up this morning thnking I'd dreamt it!
Subject: Modern and Medieval languages, French and Spanish ab initio
College: Queens'
Outcome: offer!
Conditions: AAA*
How did you hear?: Letter
How do you feel? Ecstatic! I wasn't expecting an offer; on the few days before my letter was due to arrive I was really sad because I was so convinced i'd be rejected...I can hardly believe it!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 209
College: Clare
Outcome: conditional
Offer: A*AA
How did you hear? Letter
How did you feel? In shock, numb, ELATED, exhausted, giggling, incredible.
Reply 210
Subject: Mathematics
College: Pemboke!
Outcome: Conditional offer
Offer: AA in Physics and Additional Further Maths (Got A*A* in Maths and Further Maths already :smile: ) and 1,1 in STEP II and III
How did you hear? Letter
How did you feel? Really excited!! STEP is gonna be hard, but hopefully it should be ok with practice over the next few months
Reply 211
Subject: Law
College: Trinity
Outcome: Pooled, offer by Girton
Conditions: Haven't received the letter yet.
How did you hear? E-mail, since I'm international
How did you feel? Ecstatic and relieved.
Subject: Economics
College: St John's
Outcome: Conditional Offer
Conditions: A*A*A
How did you hear? (eg letter/phone/owl): Letter
How do you feel? Slightly annoyed - hard choice between LSE and Camb now!
College: Churchill
Outcome: Rejection
How did you hear: Letter and email (email was requested)
How do you feel: Oh well - it isn't the end of the world. In fact, my top choice wasn't even Cambridge to begin with. Looks like I'll be headed to either the US or Canada for college. :smile:
Reply 214
Subject: Medicine
College: Emmanuel
Outcome: Pooled, Conditional Offer by Girton
Conditions: A*AA
How did you hear? (eg letter/phone/owl): Phone-call
How do you feel? Such a relief. At first I thought that I would be absolutely gutted about not getting into Emmanuel, because I've adored the college since last year when I made the decision to apply to Cambridge after a HE conference, but I'm not. I'm just thankful to be studying my dream subject at Cambridge. CAMBRIDGE! :woo: I still can't believe I'm able to write that.
Reply 215
College: Selwyn
Outcome: Pooled --> Rejected
Conditions: N/A
How did you hear: email
How do you feel? Very, very well. Didn't feel bad at all. I was NOT going to attend either way because the 3 days I spent in Cambridge made me realize that UK is NOT my place and that I will be definitely heading to either the Middle East or the USA for college. And I am not saying this just because of the rejection - you can check some of my posts before I got the decision to verify. Honestly, I am not some trophy hunter or name picker - if I don't belong or like a place, I am not going to go regardless of the name, be it Oxford, Cambridge or the University of Madagascar. Congratulations to all who got in, though, and especially the ones for whom Cambridge truly is a top choice! :wink: Good luck with exams and well done!
Reply 216
Subject: Architecture
College: Jesus
Outcome: Pooled, followed by an offer from Trinity.
Conditions: A*AA
How did you hear? (eg letter/phone/owl): phone and then a letter a couple days later
How do you feel?: dklfhas;lghlkhljasgjl i forgot which college had called me straight after hanging up out of excitement AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
Reply 217
Subject: Natural Sciences Biological
College: Churchill
Outcome: Offer!!
Conditions: A*AA among Chemistry, Maths, Biology
How did you hear? (eg letter/phone/owl): E-mail after finally being able to call on the 11th
How do you feel?: so happy!! was so sure that I was going to get rejected after my disaster of a first interview!
Reply 218
College: St. Catharine's
Outcome: Offer!
Conditions: Mine is a bit different, since I'm not from the UK. Have to get a GPA of 5/5
How did you hear? (eg letter/phone/owl): E-mail
How do you feel?: Completely over the moon.
Reply 219
Subject: Computer Science with Mathematics
College: St. John's college
Outcome: Pool
Final outcome: Rejection
Conditions: Unconditional :biggrin:

How did you hear? Letter sent on 11th of Jan
How do you feel? Exactly the same

Latest