The Student Room Group

Can you love 2 people at once?

Hi guys,

This might be a typical dilema for people. Please discuss :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah you can. Been there.

There's usually a reason for it, Say you may love one guy bcos his personality is warm and gentle but Hes not confident. You might like the other because he's confident and fun.

So basically your having your cake and eating it too.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
If you can treat someone that badly, you don't love either of them.
Yep, defo. Well, I dunno about love, but you can defo have a major crush on two people at the same time. It's just one of these things, you have to choose in the end :smile: x
Reply 4
Original post by Hypocrism

wow thats a bit harsh innit. I thought inner feelings are something u cant control. Im sure u can have feelings for 2 people if thats what your heart thinks is right.
Reply 5
Yes you can. Happens all the time. You may prefer different aspects from different people.
Reply 6
I think you can like and be attracted to two people at once.. but I don't think you can truly and passionately love two people at once (like the long-lasting marriage kind of love). If you do, I don't think it's quite the love that I'm describing and more like a crush or infatuation. But I have pretty high standards when it comes to defining love in the first place.
Reply 7
I don't know about real true love. Love can get confused with lust.

I was living and sleeping with two f buddies (they were best friends) individually at the same time for like 18 months when i thought i loved both of them after a while. Officially we were just plain friends in a 2 bedroom apartment with me on the sofa bed. They were surprisingly really open minded with sharing me, it didnt bother them at all as long as their friends and our families didnt know.

Steve was like totally amazing in bed but quite ugly and a bit of male slag but he was a really good laugh, someone i'd never take home to meet my parents. Tom was lovely, nice to cuddle upto, average-good looking, really sweet down to earth, settle down and do anything for me type, best kisser but in bed he was average at best - every time i was reaching orgasm he would climax and go soft i almost never orgasmed.

At first it was just about the sex and friendship, there wasnt any proper jealously going on, i could sense Tom was annoyed from the ever-lasting bed banging coming from Steves room. Eventually my parents found out i was sleeping with them which didnt go down too well especially when my mom asked why is there no condoms around. Tom showed me an engagement ring, then things got awkward, i had to move out.
Reply 8
no, you're not in love, love is too intense for that
I agree with some opinions above about enjoying different aspects of people

- you love one girl because she is serious and wife-material, you come from the same hometown, parents love her, she's loyal and wants to please you but maybe you also love another girl who's more fun and silly, makes you feel good about yourself, more opened minded and less judgmental...
yeah, it's called a threesome
Reply 11
Original post by Jessica20
I don't know about real true love. Love can get confused with lust.

I was living and sleeping with two f buddies (they were best friends) individually at the same time for like 18 months when i thought i loved both of them after a while. Officially we were just plain friends in a 2 bedroom apartment with me on the sofa bed. They were surprisingly really open minded with sharing me, it didnt bother them at all as long as their friends and our families didnt know.

Steve was like totally amazing in bed but quite ugly and a bit of male slag but he was a really good laugh, someone i'd never take home to meet my parents. Tom was lovely, nice to cuddle upto, average-good looking, really sweet down to earth, settle down and do anything for me type, best kisser but in bed he was average at best - every time i was reaching orgasm he would climax and go soft i almost never orgasmed.

At first it was just about the sex and friendship, there wasnt any proper jealously going on, i could sense Tom was annoyed from the ever-lasting bed banging coming from Steves room. Eventually my parents found out i was sleeping with them which didnt go down too well especially when my mom asked why is there no condoms around. Tom showed me an engagement ring, then things got awkward, i had to move out.

yeah.. thanks for enlightening us with your love life.... or sex life i should say. Thats not quite what I was looking for. :tongue:
Jack Donaghy says yes.
Reply 13
Original post by FrigidSymphony
Jack Donaghy says yes.

whos he?
Original post by sachinisgod
whos he?

Reply 15

Totally agree.

Loving someone is treating them badly? :curious:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Pink Bullets
Loving someones is treating them badly.

Corrected for you.
Original post by gintoki
Corrected for you.

What is malicious about love?

Is your mother treating you badly by loving both you and your siblings?
Well of course you can. But at the end of the day you need to make a choice which one to be with.

Quick Reply