The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Aberdeen University

Hello everyone :smile:

I have applied to the university of Aberdeen for sep 2012 and got an offer. However, I do have a problem, they asked me active my aberdeen portal and I have no idea hoe to get my ID number? Where can I find it?

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by yvanhoecke
Hello everyone :smile:

I have applied to the university of Aberdeen for sep 2012 and got an offer. However, I do have a problem, they asked me active my aberdeen portal and I have no idea hoe to get my ID number? Where can I find it?

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.:smile:

It's the UCAS number you applied with. It should be on the emails that most unis will send you when they acknowledge your application.
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 2
It's your UCAS ID.

Aberdeen's really sweet with these things, there'll be a long offer letter on the portal congratulating you and telling you what it's like there :smile:
Reply 3
Hi :smile:

Do you mean the UCAS personal ID number? If thats what your talking about it doesn't work, the numbers are too long.
And I didn't receive a letter from them when I first applied.
Any idea what to do?

Thanks
Reply 4

Do you mean the UCAS personal ID number? If thats what your talking about it doesn't work, the numbers are too long.
Any idea what to do?

Thanks

It should be your UCAS ID. Your UCAS ID contains 10 digits which is the maximum number of characters you can enter.
Reply 5

Any idea what to do?

Thanks

Try removing the hyphens and spaces.

I got an acknowledgement letter by post, Christmas card, New Year's wishes, offer letter, prospectus by post, and generally all these post- offer invitations and newsletter things. They're really cute that way :redface:
Reply 6
Hi saachi :smile:

It cant be the UCAS personal ID number because the code is too long. Ucas They are telling me its the 8 character number printed on your ID card. I have no idea what that means :s Help!! :tongue:

Thanks
Reply 7
My UCAS ID number is 10 characters and I can only fit 8 characters on the aberdeen portal :s
Reply 8
Saachi, hi again :tongue:

Do you mean that the ID number is on the post I receive by mail? I also received greetings from them but by mail and don't see any code :s can I see the code via the e-mails?
Reply 9
Hi saachi :smile:

It cant be the UCAS personal ID number because the code is too long. Ucas They are telling me its the 8 character number printed on your ID card. I have no idea what that means :s Help!! :tongue:

Thanks

Have you got an ID card already? If so it's the 8 numbers under your forname. I don't think you're talking about the same applicant portal as us though. We're talking about: www.abdn.ac.uk/applicportal
Reply 10
Thanks everyone! I got it! :tongue: haha
Reply 11
One more question, whats the ID card? I logged in with my UCAS code. I am on the right page right?
Reply 12
One more question, whats the ID card? I logged in with my UCAS code. I am on the right page right?

The ID card is a card you recieve normally after you've got your offer though normally much much later. It lets you access the library and some of the buildings. I wouldn't have thought you had recieved one yet though.

It is your student identity card, and you'll eventually be asked to upload a passport-sized photo for it but you don't collect it until registration which is in September. It's used to get into certain buildings, logging into the printers, taking out library books and must be taken into all exams. You should be using the Applicant Portal, which you log on with your UCAS details. There's also a Student Portal, and it sounds like you've been trying to access this but you can't until you start at the uni.
Aberdeen uni is decccceeeeent!
Reply 15
Thanks everyone! I got it! :tongue: haha

Haha finally :smile:
Reply 16
Hi, sonie you were right I was trying to access student portal :tongue:
Any advise/ comments about the university in general? Are you guys already in aberdeen uni?
Reply 17
Hello again :smile:

I have another question, aberdeen gave me a conditional offer for a 15/20 in my schooling system ( French Baccalaureate). However, it is really hard to score exactly 15/20, my question is what if I get 14,75, will my offer be canceled? Do they automatically cancel my offer even if I scored a little lower?
Sorry for all the question, really not familiar with the british system, I am from Belgium, go to French school and live in Kuwait :tongue:

See you
Reply 18
Hello again :smile:

I have another question, aberdeen gave me a conditional offer for a 15/20 in my schooling system ( French Baccalaureate). However, it is really hard to score exactly 15/20, my question is what if I get 14,75, will my offer be canceled? Do they automatically cancel my offer even if I scored a little lower?
Sorry for all the question, really not familiar with the british system, I am from Belgium, go to French school and live in Kuwait :tongue:

See you

It depends on how competitive the course is, normally though if you don't meet your conditions you're rejected sorry.
Hey, i applied for aberdeen university! i got an offer to study Biology :biggrin: anyone else doing that course? oh and is anyone else part of sports teams, not going to lie i love my sport! :P

Quick Reply