The Student Room Group

Anyone else feeling fed up sixth form now?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sarah1345
He's probably some geek who sits in his room and is going to study Maths at Imperial having gotten 5 A*s.

Not really. I study English at Canterbury Christ Church after having gotten modest results. But thanks for asking :colondollar:
Definitely feel the same. My firm is Plymouth, and although I've got a conditional offer, I've feel like I can't really bothered working for it - although I am beginning to get back on top of things, gradually.
What part of Surrey are you from? I'm from Haslemere.

Frimley :cool:

I hear about Haslemere on Eagle Radio :cool:
Thank god we don't live in the Middle East, we all know how you treat women...we know what you Muslims are like.

Lol gotta love a bit of racist xenophobia! :colondollar:

But I'm neither Middle-Eastern, nor Muslim. But congratulations on getting things completely wrong.
(edited 12 years ago)
Yeah, I really can't stand it anymore. It's only really one subject (history) that I can't stand anymore because it's so much work and stuff I couldn't care less about. I'm sick of having to be up every morning, sick of the same people I have to see everyday, sick of getting home then going to training and being too exhausted to do anything.

Yeah I reaaaally want to go to uni now.

Next term is going to be the worst though. Weeks of endless past papers in class and for homework. I honestly don't think I have it in me to write anymore history essays and I'm going to have to do loads :frown:

EDIT:

Girls are all bitchy - bitches about girls in a thread.

Dat logic.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 45
I was the same, especially this time last year. There's not long to go, and uni is a step down with pressure, if not workload.
Reply 46
He's probably some geek who sits in his room and is going to study Maths at Imperial having gotten 5 A*s.

I love you Sarah. You've made my night complete.
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow
Not really. I study English at Canterbury Christ Church after having gotten modest results. But thanks for asking :colondollar:

Lol, you study at a Church? :L
Reply 48
counting down the days until i can leave this crap hole and progress to uni [hopefully]
Reply 49
Indeed.

Sometimes I just oversleep, as I self-teach quite abit so I can't be arsed to go in. :colone:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 50
Original post by cl_steele
counting down the days until i can leave this crap hole and progress to uni [hopefully]

:thumbsup:.
On topic... Yeah, I'm fed up. Mostly because the lessons I go to, I can just do the work at home in half the time and in more depth. I dislike the majority of people in my classes as they're incredibly loud, cliquey and not fussed about their education meaning I get held back as they get extensions and things have to be pushed forward to another date. I just feel like there's very little I go in for now. Uni will be a godsend.
Reply 52
Agreed. I just feel completely drained by Biology now - sure, the topics we study are interesting but it's all the nonsense about how to answer questions/how science works which makes me loathe it completely. Also getting serious pressure to do extra-curricular reading, and that just eats up my free time so I can't even face recreational reading any more.

I can't wait for a little more control, and Chemistry at a quicker pace (another thing that's been annoying me: some members of my class don't like chemistry, don't listen, then waste half the lesson asking for the material to be repeated AGAIN and AGAIN).
Reply 53
Original post by Accalia
Agreed. I just feel completely drained by Biology now - sure, the topics we study are interesting but it's all the nonsense about how to answer questions/how science works which makes me loathe it completely. Also getting serious pressure to do extra-curricular reading, and that just eats up my free time so I can't even face recreational reading any more.

I can't wait for a little more control, and Chemistry at a quicker pace (another thing that's been annoying me: some members of my class don't like chemistry, don't listen, then waste half the lesson asking for the material to be repeated AGAIN and AGAIN).

I know what you mean, the last units in biology and chemistry are the most interesting but the lessons just feel like they go on and on.
I hate the non-stop UCAS and exams which I think is one of the reasons I feel this way. We've just got results and it's like we need to start revising again.
Reply 54
When is everyone having their study leave? If any?
Yep cant wait to leave!! :biggrin:
Reply 56
You just have to keep going, and try working to the best of your ability. You don't want to look back, and hate yourself because academically, you didn't try hard enough. All the bitchiness, trust me, this time next year, you won't remember ANY of it.
Yes, for sure.

Ive been in college for 3 years now. Novelty is kinda wearing off now :colone:
Original post by Doofy
When is everyone having their study leave? If any?

I've basically started...rarely go in for more then 2 days a week.

Just can't handle it.:redface:
Reply 59
Original post by Tsunami2011
I've basically started...rarely go in for more then 2 days a week.

Just can't handle it.:redface:

I'm exactly like this. I can't bear to go in anymore :frown: but I keep up my bad attendance I'll be put on contract (meaning if I don't turn up to anything I'll get kicked out)

Quick Reply