The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Adult Nursing

Hi all. Just wondering how many people have applied to Nottingham Uni for Adult Nursing and how many of you have heard whether you have been successful or not?? I applied beginning of December and received acknowledgement a few weeks later. Have not heard anything since. Been checking the applicants portal everyday and since end of January it has said application under consideration!! Has anyone been turned down recently or should I take it as no news is good news? Really worried as this is my first choice and have already been unsuccessful for 2 of my other choices!! This waiting really does not do us all any good does it!!
Hi, I’m in the same boat as you, I had my UCAS application form in for the deadline and received an acknowledgement within a week or so, since then nothing, I feel a bit tempted to call, but don’t want to come across as pushy.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I thought the same but it also shows that you are eager. I phoned them the middle of Feb and beginning of March and they keep telling me "You should receive a decision shortly, although we do have until May to reply to everyone". Still haven't heard anything. Are you hoping to study Adult Nursing too then? Do you live in Notts already? If you hear anything let me know :smile:
I'm in exactly the same possition! I applied early October and had the Applicants Portal email and have heard nothing since. I have called twice now and both times I have been told it will be at least two weeks until I'll hear anything. With the deadline coming up and interviews not having started I'm getting worried it'll just be a rejection but i dont see why they'd leave it so late. I'm going to call again the end of next week and try and get anh answer, its horrible being left in suspense!
I called and they said I would know by the 9th of May. I think if it was a rejection they would have told you, I applied to Sheffield and they told me I was unsuccessful via UCAS within two weeks!!. I will keep my fingers crossed for both of you, keep me updated with how you're getting on :-)
Reply 5
I am doing Access to Health Professions in Wales at the moment. I was turned down from Derby 2 weeks after my UCAS form was sent because this Access Course doesn't give me all the credits I need to get on their course. Because of this I was worried that Notts Uni would be the same and with them taking so long to give me a decision it just makes things worse, especially as Notts is my first choice. I keep wondering would they have checked my credits and qualifications by now? Its annoying because the portal says application under consideration and has been like that for 2 months now! Why cant it just say still "waiting to be looked at"?? lol. I will deffo let you guys know if I hear anything. What Unis have you both applied? Heard anything from any of your other choices? Had any interviews? I applied to Notts, Derby, De Montfort and Swansea. Been turned down from Derby and De Montfort and I have an interview this Wednesday for Swansea. Good Luck to you both!! :smile:
Reply 6
Hi guys. Heard from Notts. Got an invite to a selection day on 25th April. Have any of you heard anything yet? :smile:
Reply 7
I had an interview for Notts on 12th March, havent heard nothing back yet
Reply 8
Original post by kgraham
I had an interview for Notts on 12th March, havent heard nothing back yet

Hiya i've got an interview at Notts on 18th april and i'm quite worried about the group interview, would you be able to give me some tips and let me know what they asked & stuff? would be much appreciated if you don't mind :smile: x
Reply 9
Hi Leah, we didn't have a group interview for that day, are you applying for the degree programme? I applied for the graduate 2 year diploma. The main advice I can give is try to prepare for questions commonly used in nursing interviews such as: why do you want to study nursing? why do you want to do your chosen branch? What qualities do you have which can be applied to a career in nursing?

In terms of group interviews, I think the best thing to do is to make sure you participate as much as you can without dominating the discussion. Good luck with your interview :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by kgraham
Hi Leah, we didn't have a group interview for that day, are you applying for the degree programme? I applied for the graduate 2 year diploma. The main advice I can give is try to prepare for questions commonly used in nursing interviews such as: why do you want to study nursing? why do you want to do your chosen branch? What qualities do you have which can be applied to a career in nursing?

In terms of group interviews, I think the best thing to do is to make sure you participate as much as you can without dominating the discussion. Good luck with your interview :smile:

Hi, yeah it's the degree i've applied for. Yeah that's what I was gonna prepare tbh cos I couldn't think of anything else they could possibly ask. Thanks for the advice anyway :smile: much appreciated!x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending