The Student Room Group

Mill Hill County , St Dominics, Woodhouse

Hey,

I wanted to ask if anyone has heard anything from Mill Hill yet about an interview??? I got an interview next week with St doms and my woodhouse interview was two weeks ago and im really scare because my grades are not that great :s-smilie: Do you think i have chance of getting a place at these colleges with the grades below and i wanna do english lit maths bilogy chemistry for a level

English lit A
English lang A
maths A
biology A
Chemistry A
Physics A
Geography A
Pilosophy and Ethics A
Food Tech C
French D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by shfv21
Hey,

I wanted to ask if anyone has heard anything from Mill Hill yet about an interview??? I got an interview next week with St doms and my woodhouse interview was two weeks ago and im really scare because my grades are not that great :s-smilie: Do you think i have chance of getting a place at these colleges with the grades below and i wanna do english lit maths bilogy chemistry for a level

English lit A
English lang A
maths A
biology A
Chemistry A
Physics A
Geography A
Pilosophy and Ethics A
Food Tech C
French D

Mill Hill said that they'd contact people about the interview this month and it says on their website so you can check there :smile: I don't know anything about st dome though sorry :s-smilie:

I know that the minimum to get through to Mill Hill is C+ but because of the subjects you're taking I think you'll have a chance especially because you're mostly an A student so don't worry :smile:
Original post by shfv21
Hey,

English lit A
English lang A
maths A
biology A
Chemistry A
Physics A
Geography A
Pilosophy and Ethics A
Food Tech C
French D

I'm in year 12 now but I was in a similar position to you last year. I applied for Mill and WH, and picked the same subjects as you :smile: Your grades are fine, other than that pesky D in French, which, because you're not continuing with it and have great grades otherwise, could be overlooked, so you have a chance of getting into all three of those schools.

Yeah, you'll hear from Mill Hill slightly later on and if you get the Head of Biology as an interviewer, count yourself lucky! I applied for around 10 schools but that was by far my favourite interview- he was friendly and very welcoming :biggrin:

As for WH, so many people apply, you may not get an immediate offer (not saying you won't, just that it's possible) but if you go on the waiting list, you're still in with a great chance of getting in! How did your interview go? And who did you have?

Best of luck :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
i still havent heard from St Doms Sixth Form College
but, today i got an interview from Mill hill county
Does anyone one know why i still havent heard anything from st doms :s-smilie:
and does anyone what they will ask in the mill hill county interview ?:confused:
Original post by akihdar
and does anyone what they will ask in the mill hill county interview ?:confused:

don't worry about st doms, they send out interviews right till the end of march :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by akihdar

I have an interview with Mill Hill County aswell :smile: when is yours?
Reply 6

I have one as well :] does anyone know what they'll ask??
Reply 7
Original post by blehh321

I have one as well :] does anyone know what they'll ask??

I'm guessing they'll ask about why you chose the subjects, how this links to your A level choices etc. Also probably extra curricular activities because on the reference forms they asked for it :smile: but if they do I'm screwed lol i play sports and that's just about it :P
Reply 8
Original post by James3110
I'm guessing they'll ask about why you chose the subjects, how this links to your A level choices etc. Also probably extra curricular activities because on the reference forms they asked for it :smile: but if they do I'm screwed lol i play sports and that's just about it :P

ahh kk thnx!! :smile: and me too! x) I'll say DofE as well to make it sound better and hopefully they'll forget about extra curricular activities :P
Reply 9
ahh thnx everyone!! i got an interview from mill hill yesterday!! hopefully it will go well...
Reply 10
Original post by nerdfighter28
I'm in year 12 now but I was in a similar position to you last year. I applied for Mill and WH, and picked the same subjects as you :smile: Your grades are fine, other than that pesky D in French, which, because you're not continuing with it and have great grades otherwise, could be overlooked, so you have a chance of getting into all three of those schools.

Yeah, you'll hear from Mill Hill slightly later on and if you get the Head of Biology as an interviewer, count yourself lucky! I applied for around 10 schools but that was by far my favourite interview- he was friendly and very welcoming :biggrin:

As for WH, so many people apply, you may not get an immediate offer (not saying you won't, just that it's possible) but if you go on the waiting list, you're still in with a great chance of getting in! How did your interview go? And who did you have?

Best of luck :smile:

thank You.....yeh i heard from mill hill yesterday,have an interview next week. My interview with woodhouse was good but lasted 45 mins.....i was interviewd by i think zoe richards...she was an english teacher
Reply 11
Original post by James3110
I have an interview with Mill Hill County aswell :smile: when is yours?

oh mine is on saturday at 9:20AM i think i have the first interview all my other friends have theirs in the afternoon
i don't know what they are going to ask???
Reply 12
Does anyone know what they will ask in the st doms interview i have mine next week an i'm so scared i really wanna go to the school...:s-smilie:
Reply 13
Original post by akihdar
Does anyone know what they will ask in the st doms interview i have mine next week an i'm so scared i really wanna go to the school...:s-smilie:
found St doms interview to be quite simple they will have a form in front of them they will ask u questions in the form to fill out then will ask you stuff about u carrer aims only few people were asked religious questions i wasnt so it was ok..but the only problem was that it is in one big room sop six interviews in the same room and you can listen to other peoples interview :s-smilie:

GOOD LUCK!
Reply 14
thankz
i had my interview it was ok nothing that nerve racking they said we should hear from them by the end if the term
hey I ve applied to st doms this Wednesday and I got 3 A*s and 7 As. Do I stand a chance? and when will i get the interview call?
Original post by akihdar
thankz
i had my interview it was ok nothing that nerve racking they said we should hear from them by the end if the term

hey I ve applied to st doms this Wednesday and I got 3 A*s and 7 As. Do I stand a chance? and when will i get the interview call?
Reply 17
Hey I was just wondering if anybody here got an offer from Mill hill county? A few people i know have got offers and i'm getting worried now!!
Reply 18
Yeah I did :smile: I'm sure you'll get one! How far are you from the school and whats your pg's?
Reply 19
Original post by DrSL
Yeah I did :smile: I'm sure you'll get one! How far are you from the school and whats your pg's?

Well done :biggrin: thinking of going there? I live about half an hour by bus and probably around 10-15minutes by car so not far :smile: They are 4A*'s and 6A's .. are these bad ? :frown: what were yours?

Quick Reply