The Student Room Group

Medicine application question

Hi guys,

basically I've been looking at entry requirements for medicine, most uni's ask for 3 A's (360 ucas points) but if i do 4 a-levels and get the equivalent to 360 ucas points will i still be accepted or does it have to be 3 A's?
Reply 1
Usually it will be Grade Specific or from a set number of qualifications
I'm pretty sure all say the 3 A's and not UCAS points. Try posting in the medicine forum, they'll know :smile:
Reply 3
medicine doesn't work in ucas points, it works on grades only, all universities now require AAA minimum for their standard medicine courses, as you will see on most prospectuses or websites they usually say something along the lines of 'having a 4th a-level will not give you an advantage' for some schools however it will but you still need minimum AAA.
Very few competitive degrees will award offers based off UCAS points as it's not fair to people who take the traditional 3 A2's route (e.g. BBBC = AAA, or a different route of A*A*cc), and for medicine specifically due to a lot of uni's requiring an extra AS which complicates the system)
As everyone has said medical schools don't use UCAS point offers. I do believe, however, that some medical schools such as BSMS (if I'm wrong, someone can correct me?) don't mind if you get AAA or A*AB.

Quick Reply

Latest