The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Nursing at Queens...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3160
Original post by catherinec18
They are still waiting for numbers to be confirmed! :frown: So may be a while yet... they said as soon as they know we will get confirmation withon 24hrs

This is awful how long does it take to add up how may people passed interview :frown:
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 3161
I got an email back from ulster uni so I get what you mean now; the DHSSPS have not confirmed how many places are available and the have not given a timescale as to how long it will take them! God knows when we will find out! I can see the places becoming less with all these A and E closures and ward closures :/
Reply 3162
i hope they hurry up lol
Reply 3163
The wait is killing me! I really hope I hear from queens soon too :/
Reply 3164
Original post by Lilo27
I got an email back from ulster uni so I get what you mean now; the DHSSPS have not confirmed how many places are available and the have not given a timescale as to how long it will take them! God knows when we will find out! I can see the places becoming less with all these A and E closures and ward closures :/

when did you get that email??? i never got one :frown::frown: xx
Reply 3165
did anyone get a place at magee?
Reply 3166
I didn't get a place I'm so gutted I felt my interview went really well so I've no hope of getting into queens :frown:
Original post by Lilo27
I didn't get a place I'm so gutted I felt my interview went really well so I've no hope of getting into queens :frown:

positive thoughts madam! don't be thinking about it until the letter comes! :smile: you will be grand! positive thoughts :biggrin: xx
Reply 3168
Original post by Scoachie
did anyone get a place at magee?

i got a place at magee :smile::smile: xx
Original post by nicoleio

Are you going to accept... I didnt apply to Magee too far away x
Reply 3170
Original post by skint flint
Are you going to accept... I didnt apply to Magee too far away x

I hope to get a place in queens! Magee is back up plan lol! Though wudn mind if I didn't get offer for qub cos I'm happy either or! Pref qub tho!xx
I hope to get a place in queens! Magee is back up plan lol! Though wudn mind if I didn't get offer for qub cos I'm happy either or! Pref qub tho!xx

Which interview did you find the toughest QUB or Magee?
Reply 3172

Congrats Nicole!! You must be so pleased!! xx
Reply 3173

You read my mind here lol, I didn't apply to Magee either too far when you have kids xx
Reply 3174
Magee is too far for me too I was using it as a practice run and I felt it went well but I've been told I might not have gotten In as I have kids and am far away as they did ask me about that?? Can they do that? I fell my queens interview was ok I think I got ahead of myself with the questions and I should have taken a few mins at the end to think my answers through and add bits on but it all went by in a blur I was that nervous and the weather was so warm which didn't help lol I really hope I get a chanc. Congratulations to all who got a place you all really deserve it and Im sure you will make excellent nurses :smile:
Reply 3175

I think I answered my questions more thoroughly with queens as I have my heart set on mental health so I was very prepared for it as its mental health I want to do! For Magee I talked about metal health nursing a bit when it was adult I applied for! Magee was more chatty interview like they talked back wer as qub was more formal but the man who was interviewing me was lovely ad smiling and nodding! It's really hard to tell!! :/ xx
Reply 3176
Original post by Lilo27
Magee is too far for me too I was using it as a practice run and I felt it went well but I've been told I might not have gotten In as I have kids and am far away as they did ask me about that?? Can they do that? I fell my queens interview was ok I think I got ahead of myself with the questions and I should have taken a few mins at the end to think my answers through and add bits on but it all went by in a blur I was that nervous and the weather was so warm which didn't help lol I really hope I get a chanc. Congratulations to all who got a place you all really deserve it and Im sure you will make excellent nurses :smile:

Wow did they ask you about having kids and living far? That doesn't seem fair if you didn't get it because of that!! I know a girl and she travels up & down to Magee nearly everyday and she has two kids, she is so determined and hard working so it would be awful to use that against someone! Good luck with your queens app x
I think I answered my questions more thoroughly with queens as I have my heart set on mental health so I was very prepared for it as its mental health I want to do! For Magee I talked about metal health nursing a bit when it was adult I applied for! Magee was more chatty interview like they talked back wer as qub was more formal but the man who was interviewing me was lovely ad smiling and nodding! It's really hard to tell!! :/ xx

The lecturer that was asking the questions was lovely aswell and each time I answered a question she was giving me the thumbs up and smiling at me. In saying that that could be her character lol..... Its Midwifery for me I have my interview in 9 days and panicking.

When you qualify as a nurse you are lucky to earn 21000 a year. My friend has been a nurse for 5 years and thats what she earns. Crap money and long hours. I would love to study Midwifery or possibly Social Work
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Lilo27

That is rubbish try not to listen to hear say. You are offered a place based on your interview score. My friend is in her 2nd year at Magee and she has 4 kids x
Reply 3179
The lecturer that was asking the questions was lovely aswell and each time I answered a question she was giving me the thumbs up and smiling at me. In saying that that could be her character lol..... Its Midwifery for me I have my interview in 9 days and panicking.

When you qualify as a nurse you are lucky to earn 21000 a year. My friend has been a nurse for 5 years and thats what she earns. Crap money and long hours. I would love to study Midwifery or possibly Social Work

it may be around 21000 a year to begin with as i know nurses who earn a lott more than that! you can move up within it, an can add to it. how come you applied for nursing???

i have applied for social work as well, had my interview over a month ago now. scary having to make a decision out of them all!

Quick Reply