The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter 2012 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Firmed for c100 Biology! Going to visit Exeter has been a real kick up the backside - I've been so much more motivated and organised study wise. When I applied with my AS results, I didn't think I'd even get an offer - now I've got it, the thought of not quite making the grades is horrific xD. Hope to see you all there!
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Original post by tiana_tiara
Firmed for c100 Biology! Going to visit Exeter has been a real kick up the backside - I've been so much more motivated and organised study wise. When I applied with my AS results, I didn't think I'd even get an offer - now I've got it, the thought of not quite making the grades is horrific xD. Hope to see you all there!

Hello :smile: I'm doing the same. Hope to see you in sept! :biggrin:
Original post by Serentonin
Hello :smile: I'm doing the same. Hope to see you in sept! :biggrin:

Definitely! Have you looked at accommodation yet? :biggrin:
If I'm making Exeter my insurance, do I have to apply for accommodation as well?
Original post by YaniClovers
Exeter have an open day on the 11th April?

I don't know, sorry! I was talking about St Andrews.
Just firmed my unconditional for LLB/Maitrise. Do you get sent an actual Letter confirming it with your details (so you can apply for accommodation) or is it an email letter?
Original post by blacktreacle
If I'm making Exeter my insurance, do I have to apply for accommodation as well?

No. Everyone applies for accomodation at their firm. After results people shift around and if you end up at your insurance then accomodation gets sorted then.

:smile:
Original post by mathsmusicfrench
Just firmed my unconditional for LLB/Maitrise. Do you get sent an actual Letter confirming it with your details (so you can apply for accommodation) or is it an email letter?

You get both. On the top of the email/letter is your number and you use this to register with accomodation on line and then on the 16th April the actual accomodation application part begins.

Reply 1228
Original post by 11flon
I've firmed Exeter for Physics! You doing Physics on its own or with Astro? :smile:

Ive gone for Physics with Professional Experience. Get payed a handy sum in my 3rd year, and employers love work placements. Did you apply astro or?
Hey everyone, I have a conditional offer for Economics and French via the flexible Combined Honours degree. A tad nervous for moving away, but I hope that it will be worth it :smile: Hope to see everyone in September :smile:
Original post by catoswyn
You get both. On the top of the email/letter is your number and you use this to register with accomodation on line and then on the 16th April the actual accomodation application part begins.

Thanks. :smile: Firmed Wednesday night. No email yet :frown: Thought it might be instant, never mind, it'll come :smile:
Original post by catoswyn
No. Everyone applies for accomodation at their firm. After results people shift around and if you end up at your insurance then accomodation gets sorted then.

Thanks!
Reply 1232
Original post by oPJ_Lad
Ive gone for Physics with Professional Experience. Get payed a handy sum in my 3rd year, and employers love work placements. Did you apply astro or?

Nope, I went for the year in North America. Was gonna go for the Professional Experience but was swayed by the temptation of the year in America!
Original post by YaniClovers
I have! What you studying? And accommodation deadline is looming and I'm still confused about what I want. You have any advice?

I've just firmed for English (Q300) ahhh! Which course did you choose? And I've got no idea about accommodation... still haven't looked!! What about you?
Original post by funkymonks
North London, Enfield. Yourself?
I'm deciding on my accommodation choices, all very exciting
The choice of modules look great i'm honestly so excited to do politics at Exeter :biggrin:

Ah cool, Rainham, East London.
Me too, do you know where you going to pick for your first choice? I think I'm going to opt for Lawfronda new :smile:
Yes, they look great for Biology too, I can't wait :biggrin:
so split between which accomodation to go for!!
Was origionally so certain on catered but not I'm not so sure...what's everyone thinking?
If I do go catered I'll def. be putting pennsylvania court down, but for self-catered Birks Grange is really nice :smile:
don't know what to do!!
Politics and Sociology :biggrin: Can't decide on accommodation new Lafrowda, Birk Grange or Rowe House - What a dilemma grrr
I've firmed BA Geography~ Anyone else doing BA geo?? :smile:

And I think my first choice will probs be Lafrowda~ im sooo hoping that its not in high demand~ wouldnt wanna be anywhere else~ considering laffy seems most cheapest + closest to class~ haha cuz im such a lazy bum~ :biggrin:
Hey! I had been accepted into peninsula and been Exeter for my first two years which I was hoping for! Can't wait! Restricted on accommodation though :tongue:
Has anyone else logged into the accomodation thingy..? Not sure I'm in the right place. Do you get a list of options, one of them is application, but you can only apply if you're a current student so far. Are they gonna add an option to not be a current student or have I logged into the wrong thing... :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending