The Student Room Group

What is your Holy Grail foundation?

Just wondering what everyone's favourite foundation is?
Apologies if there is already a thread about this!

I have tried out far too many foundations and still haven't found the perfect one

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I always use Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse or the Dream Satin Liquid. Always topped off with the Rimmel Stay Matte powder and they work well for me :smile: I prefer the liquid to the mousse tho as if I'm having a bad skin day e.g got dry skin, the mousse seems to apply patchy and just looks horrible.
Reply 2
I've given up I only wear it for special occasions when I want to get rid of my freckles it just seems to dry my skin up no matter what I use, I even mix it with moisturizer and it doesn't seem to help o.O
Reply 3
chanel vitalumiere aqua yes yes its my second skin.
mac pro longwear foundation :smile:
Reply 5
Mac face and body :]
I don't really like using heavy foundation, so I just wear 'Witch' tinted moisturizer during the day, it's light and it covers any redness or spots, but if I go out I use MaxFactor smooth effect which is really nice as you only have to use a little bit and it covers all over :smile:
i quite like l'oreal lumi magique foundation.. it's very light!

but i usually wear no7 bb cream/tinted moisturiser for normal day 2 day life
I'm not a fan of heavy foundation so I love Mac Matchmaster :smile:

Or if it's a special occasion and more coverage is required, Mac Studio Fix!
Reply 9
Maxfactor Miracle Touch in Creamy Ivory. That stuff works like a charm.
NARS Sheer Glow. £29 for a bottle but my god it's a gift to womens skin.

also love Bourjois healthy mix
Original post by Diaxer
I always use Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse or the Dream Satin Liquid. Always topped off with the Rimmel Stay Matte powder and they work well for me :smile: I prefer the liquid to the mousse tho as if I'm having a bad skin day e.g got dry skin, the mousse seems to apply patchy and just looks horrible.

This exactly. :biggrin:
Reply 12
Revlon ColourStay. Best foundation ever. :biggrin:
I also used to use Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid which is fantastic too but even the palest one was still too dark for me. I stuck with it for a while but eventually I just wanted to find one which actually matched by skin.
Shisheido sun protection liquid foundation

Honestly love this stuff....perfect texture, lasts all day and is waterproof, decent coverage, spf 30 so no need for extra sunscreen.

Give it a try :smile:
Reply 14
MAC Prolongwear
Reply 15
Estee Lauder.

Always forget which one it is, but I love it. I've been using it for a while but only recently started to appreciate that it looks very good!
Reply 16
MAC Mineralize Satin Finish, though at the minute I'm using Dream Matte Mouse cos MAC didnt have my shade!
Original post by Diaxer

I agree with this, the mousse is horrendous for bad skin days. I had a bad skin day today and my other foundation had just finished, so I used the mousse. It went all thick and it went patchy, so I kept rubbing it and it either flaked off or made no difference. It looked awful.

My best foundation EVER is the 'Select' SPF 15 Foundation by MAC. It makes my skin glow in a good way and it looks so natural. Perfect match too. The only reason I don't buy it anymore is because of the price £19.50 :redface: . When I used to buy it it cost like £13 which is still expensive but at the time I could afford it. No way can I afford a foundation costing almost £20. Nowadays I just use the maybelline mousse which is almost £12 cheaper!
I haven't found the perfect one either but the best one I've had so far is Revlon Colorstay for combination/oily skin. I have very oily skin and all other foundations I've tried seem to slide off my face when it gets oily, but the Revlon stuff stays on quite a bit longer. It doesn't stop my skin from getting greasy but it seems like less of it comes through when I'm wearing it. The only annoying thing about it is the bottle doesn't have a pump.
Reply 19
The best for me is YSL Touche Éclat because I have really pale skin. All others make me look like I've been tangoed!

<3 x

Quick Reply

Latest