The Student Room Group

Maths exam IGCSE - HIGHER TIER - PAPER 3H AND PAPER 4H POST DISCUSSION.

Hi everyone,
This post is for all those sitting their Edexcel IGCSE maths (A) examination on Friday, 11 may 2012 and Wednesday, 16 may 2012. Maybe someone can upload the solutions afterwards on this post, or we could discuss the solutions ourselves. Good luck guys, and any tips could also be shared for before the exams.

Scroll to see replies

Do you think this year's papers will be hard or they will be quite easy and accessible?
Isn't there anyone out there doing edexcel IGCSE maths?
Reply 3
I am, i'm doing the edexcel higher, may 11th and 16th..:/
Original post by wazdog2k12
I am, i'm doing the edexcel higher, may 11th and 16th..:/

Yes, share your views; how do you think this exam might be? Will it be a killer on it will be normal?
Reply 5
Well i've done every single paper since 2004. All pretty easy , but the mock was stupidly hard. I reckon this one will be too. P.S we cant post about it until 12 hours after exam (can't have anyone else having an unfair advantage on us :wink: )
Why were the January 2012 papers (both 3H and 4H) so much harder than the others? Does this mean future papers will also be as hard?

Also, who does the January session? Students overseas? Afaik, in the UK, we sit IGCSEs in May/June.
Reply 7
Original post by Emsss
Well i've done every single paper since 2004. All pretty easy , but the mock was stupidly hard. I reckon this one will be too. P.S we cant post about it until 12 hours after exam (can't have anyone else having an unfair advantage on us :wink: )

your right; ive done every paper since 2003, but the mocks were so much harder; considering these are the most recent ones, im guessing friday's exam will be pretty challenging :frown:
Reply 8
I reckon that they would have realised that the Jan was too demanding so they might lighten up. Either way you need 82% approx so that was low considering previous grade boudaries
i am guessing it will be easy
No, it's going to be hard. Especially, there's this new thing their doing: changing the format abruptly so I guess ours will be demanding tomorrow.
Reply 11
nervous :frown:
Reply 12
Original post by Dhananjay 2012
No, it's going to be hard. Especially, there's this new thing their doing: changing the format abruptly so I guess ours will be demanding tomorrow.

what format are they changing?
They changed the format in 2009.

"The International GCSE from 2009 Mathematics A (4MA0) specification is based on the legacy International GCSE from 2003 Mathematics (4400)".

The only recent change has been altering their name from IGCSE to International GCSE.
Reply 14
Original post by rapdog
what format are they changing?

I don't know if they are changing the format. Maybe he meant that new types of questions will be asked not the same old past paper questions. This is because in other exams e.g. accounting that is what they've done.
I'm taking it tomorrow as well at Wrekin College. Not too nervous, if you've done well in past papers this shouldn't be much of a challenge :smile:
Reply 16
Hey, maybe I can get the maths paper 3H uploaded by 15/may/2012. Is there anyone on this forum who can volunteer to download it, solve it and upload it with the correct answers? Can someone please volunteer. You might think why I can't do it? But, I'm not a genius in maths so my answers won't be 100% sure.
Reply 17
What's the likelihood of function graphs being on it?
Reply 18
Original post by rapdog
What's the likelihood of function graphs being on it?

Well, in some examination series they've brought it , while in other they've not. I think graphs of functions won't be there tomorrow, maybe, it will. I can't really say. Why don't you volunteer to do the solving and uploading of the paper on the 15 of this month?
Reply 19
im not too sure man, im only 14 i might make some mistakes

Quick Reply

Latest