The Student Room Group

BUSS3

Did anyone else fail BUSS3 and is retaking it? would be so greatful for some advice i have no idea where ive gone wrong! :frown:
Reply 1
Im doing buss3 well nervous about itt :frown:
Reply 2
I didn't fail it, just got a grade way below what I was expecting, I thought I had done really well! - I got my paper back turns out I didn't use the case study enough and didn't develop my points enough I just used lots of little points.

My teacher gave me structure guide for each exam BUSS3 and BUSS4 answers, and I now have a revision guide for each topic. Make sure you know all the key terms too.

I got and A in BUSS1 and a B in BUSS2, hopefully I can fix my misakes in my BUSS3 retake and come out with a decent grade. Buss4 should be okay as long as I can keep my research upto date.
Reply 3
Original post by sj2093
I didn't fail it, just got a grade way below what I was expecting, I thought I had done really well! - I got my paper back turns out I didn't use the case study enough and didn't develop my points enough I just used lots of little points.

My teacher gave me structure guide for each exam BUSS3 and BUSS4 answers, and I now have a revision guide for each topic. Make sure you know all the key terms too.

I got and A in BUSS1 and a B in BUSS2, hopefully I can fix my misakes in my BUSS3 retake and come out with a decent grade. Buss4 should be okay as long as I can keep my research upto date.

Hey would it be possible for you to send me the structure guide for Buss3 and Buss4?
Reply 4
Here is my buss3 exam structure and notes about the exam:

1 hour 45 minutes (105 minutes)

4 questions:
- one 10 mark question (analysis question)
- two 18 mark questions (evaluation questions)
- one 34 marks question

What you write in questions 1-3 can't be used in question 4. You can refer to things you have said eg calculations - but DO NOT use any of your main points again!

Question 4 Plan

Use headings for each paragraph (eg Case for expanding in the UK)

1st Argument

2nd Argument

Use heading (eg Case for expanding in Romania)

1st Argument

2nd Argument

** For each of the arguments you ideally want one argument from each area of the specification marketing, HR, finance and opps man) **

Use heading (eg. Recommendations)

Clear recommendation
Justify using arguments you have already used initially. Then expand using a new point.
Use a 'however' point (an alternative)
Use an 'it depends' point
Suggest alternatives
Reply 5
Buss 4 'The Perfect Paragraph'

Opens with words from the question for focus
Uses relevant theory to explain and analyse the point
Follows a logical chain of analysis, using connectives
Refers to 'hooks' from the question to form/support points
Containts real business examples and/or evidence that supports the point
Comes back to the question for focus

Evaluation

Make a decision
Thorough justification (keep something back)
Insight (alternatives, question the question, it depends upon, however)
Reply 6
For all my exams I have followed the structure:

Definition of the main 'key term' in the question

Argument for

Argument Against

Evaluation
Reply 7
Reply 8
No problem :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending