The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ParadoxSocks

Yay for crisis team! Sucks that it had to go that far but at least you've got them now.

I keep making appointments at the doctors but don't ever seem to actually go. Need to request somebody to actually drug me now I'm not allowed anti-depressants. I also need to get my back sorted out before I just end up slumped in a pile somewhere.

yeah, but hopefully it will help!

:hugs: maybe ask your gf to take you to the doctors to make sure you go? how come you can't have anti-depressants? hopefully your back will be better soon! :console:
Reply 5741
Original post by Noodlzzz

---------------------------

Errrr went for a coffee with an old friend from college. She ended up telling me how her friend was suicidal and how she thought it was attention seeking, how one of the girls in sixth form who ended up in a psych ward for bipolar was 'an absolute freak'. I just sat there thinking about my 6 admissions in the last 6 months and how I've been suicidal. I actually was wanting to tell her beforehand that things aren't ok, but I guess stigma is a bitch.

:eek: She's horrible :mad:
Original post by SciFiRory
yeah, but hopefully it will help!

:hugs: maybe ask your gf to take you to the doctors to make sure you go? how come you can't have anti-depressants? hopefully your back will be better soon! :console:

She dragged me to counselling this week kicking and screaming. Don't think she had the fight to get me to my doctor's appointment too :colone:

Mirt eventually sent me loopy and trigged a manic episode and I went a little off the deep end so now I have a massive label whenever the doctor looks at my records so I don't have the same thing happen again. That goes along with my eating disorder label (yet I was still given orlistat) and my alcohol warnings. Fun times :cool:

Wouldn't be so bad but at the time the doctor essentially said that all they can do now is sit and watch until I implode. She shrugged off a second manic episode and just told me to check with them before getting pregnant as the hormones could send me loopy too. Really wasn't helpful.
Original post by d123
Ha, bet they enjoyed that :P

That's the price you pay for sleeping with me. :proud:

Jesus Christ. Not sharing a room with you again unless you wear mittens or something :tongue:

I could put socks on my hands. :sexface:
Original post by superwolf

Acceptable :sexface:
She dragged me to counselling this week kicking and screaming. Don't think she had the fight to get me to my doctor's appointment too :colone:

Mirt eventually sent me loopy and trigged a manic episode and I went a little off the deep end so now I have a massive label whenever the doctor looks at my records so I don't have the same thing happen again. That goes along with my eating disorder label (yet I was still given orlistat) and my alcohol warnings. Fun times :cool:

Wouldn't be so bad but at the time the doctor essentially said that all they can do now is sit and watch until I implode. She shrugged off a second manic episode and just told me to check with them before getting pregnant as the hormones could send me loopy too. Really wasn't helpful.

ah, well maybe you should ask her anyway if you are struggling to go yourself!

:hugs: sorry to hear that! maybe they can try something else that might help you though?

:frown: that's pretty crap, sounds like a **** doctor tbh
Hey :smile:
I've never posted in this thread before although I must admit I have been lurking for a few weeks...
I just feel like I need to get this out, I hope it's alright for me to post this here.
I think need to book myself a doctor's appointment now I'm off college for the summer holidays because I've been feeling like absolute s*** for too long and I can't deal with it much longer. I don't always get suicidal but there are times when I feel like I can't take everything and don't imagine myself having a future.
I get myself so worked up over the smallest things (for example getting junk emails to the email account that I rarely give out) and I make myself worry to the point that I feel physically sick and my body becomes all skew whiff and I end up dashing to the toilet... sorry if tmi. :redface:
I end up having arguments with my parents at least once a week, although I have done for years and years and years. My behaviour has never really improved, however last year and earlier this year I used to go on crazy episodes and kick everything around me and scream and end up sitting in the middle of the floor crying my eyes out, but I don't any more. I just end up sulking to my room and (still) crying my eyes out whilst my parents are more than likely sat in the lounge bitching about how much of a cow I am.
My parents always tell me "you can change your behaviour" however if I could, I wouldn't still be behaving the way that I am. :frown:
I have been open with them about me feeling low in the past and I have mentioned that I've felt suicidal (although never tried anything) but they haven't made any attempt to get me help, with my behaviour or regards to how I'm feeling.
...I'm really sorry for rambling, I didn't want to post too much, I would put this under a spoiler but I'm not that sure how to on my phone.
Thank you for reading this if you have, I really appreciate it. :smile:
If I can help anyone or if anyone just wants someone to talk to, I'm always here.
So to sum that up... I think a trip to the doctors is in order, I don't know what to expect but I just feel like I need to tell someone how I'm feeling...
Thank you. :hugs:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5747
:lol: I went through a phase a few months back of shouting swearwords in my sleep and waking myself up. I've also been known to wake up halfway through a nightmare of someone attacking me, and courageously defend myself by scratching the person next to me hard on the nipple. :innocent:

:sexface: :biggrin:
Reply 5748
Feeling horrible right now, but no idea why. Everything seems crap. Pouring down with rain here.

:sad:
Reply 5749
That's the price you pay for sleeping with me. :proud:

I'll have to bear that in mind then :sexface: :P
I think the gym's paying off.

Was in tesco (terrified as usual but trying very hard to act normal), the girl at the checkout kept looking over at me as I was packing so I smiled at her and said hi. She asked if I have a girlfriend so I said yeah then she asked what sport I play, I replied and she told me she liked my arms. :awesome:

The urge to jump up and down screaming **** YEAH was almost overwhelming but somehow I just about managed to hold it in. Someone found me attractive!!! ....er....I think. :biggrin:
Reply 5751
Original post by Sabertooth

Was in tesco (terrified as usual but trying very hard to act normal), the girl at the checkout kept looking over at me as I was packing so I smiled at her and said hi. She asked if I have a girlfriend so I said yeah then she asked what sport I play, I replied and she told me she liked my arms. :awesome:

The urge to jump up and down screaming **** YEAH was almost overwhelming but somehow I just about managed to hold it in. Someone found me attractive!!! ....er....I think. :biggrin:

Well done :yy: :awesome: :biggrin:
Reply 5752

That's fantastic :biggrin:

Well done :hugs: Doesn't sound like there's any 'I think' about it either, definitely sounds like she found you attractive! :woo:

That's brilliant! :awesome::yy:
Reply 5754
Looks like I won't be going into school tomorrow. We are doing something different than usual tomorrow. I missed the last three days of school. Those ****ers haven't even sent us any written details about what is happening. Scum.

Tomorrow hopefully going to contact another school to find out about the procedure for enrolment at A2 :yep: :biggrin:

Woop Woop! Awesome! :biggrin:

Thanks guys! :biggrin:

I feel kind of embarrassed about sharing that but it totally made my week! :colondollar: I generally feel really **** about myself so when something like this happens it is really awesome. :tongue:

Hands up everyone who wants to sleep with Sabertooth! :itsme:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:hugs: I know it's not the nicest of things to hear and I'm not saying they're right or whatever, but I've noticed from your posts that your shadows seem quite like my voices, only much nastier :sadnod: :hugs: :console:

Yeah I mean I just don't think they can help, I don't know, I don't think they can stop the shadows. I think lots of people think they talk to me like voices but it's not really, it's like a telepathic communication and they fiddle with my own thoughts and insert thoughts and take some away and they can read my mind. They are really harsh at the minute. In the past they've been nicer, when I was hypomanic/manic once they told me the world was going to end and that I was the only one that could stop it and I had to save the world. But now it's all negative, it's all about me being possessed and that. My dad laughed when I told him what I thought was the reason I was sectioned (that the shadows controlled the social worker and made her section me so I could be placed in hospital and I could be killed by nurses which they control when I sleep). He just thinks I am making it up and that I don't actually believe it but I do. I am so scared to sleep, I was trying not to take my meds but the nurses worked out I wasn't actually taking them and now every med time they watch me and check mouth and then I get in a state as they make me sleep and i don't want to. Wow, I let a lot out there...

Reply 5759

Thats grand! :biggrin:

----

Had an informal interview for a volunteering role today, which minus one slightly uncomfortable/hilarious moment (why did you fail your module, in psych hospital, cue awkward smiles oh umm how lovely thats nice dear, so... :lol: ) went pretty well! :yy: Pending references and CRB I have a place :woo: Hoping this will give me a bit more confidence/structure.

Latest