The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It was bad man
How did you do the question about the open cylinder and prove that the midpoint was 1/3h from base, icouldnt prove it
Reply 2
It went very well for me.

Usually I find show that questions hard but I managed to do every one!
Reply 3
I just used moments and got h/3.

What about that rocket question? I think I got square root of Rg or something like that
Reply 4
The rocket question was the only one I think I got wrong. I showed it was root(2Rg) but everyone else told me it was root(Rg).
Reply 5
notnek_01
The rocket question was the only one I think I got wrong. I showed it was root(2Rg) but everyone else told me it was root(Rg).

You probably modelled x as the distance to the surface of the earth rather than to the centre of the earth which account for the extra gr for v^2
Reply 6
it was indeed SQRT(Rg). i couldnt do the second to last part of the last question xD, but i got the rest of the paper done.
Reply 7
I LOVED the first two questions. Nicest start to an exam ever.
Reply 8
Seemed a nice enough paper, better than January and got all the answers posted earlier. Except that y bar one, was stuck for 20 minutes figuring out how to put x in terms of y. Or maybe i was doing it the wrong way :confused:
Reply 9
i am so irritated though, i would have lost around 6 marks, but because so many people found this exam easy, i bet i am only now goio get 80UMS< i feel pretty down
Reply 10
do you think 69/75 is going to be <80/100?

It was one of those papers that was very good for the good students
but not so good for the weaker ones
Reply 11
vb07
do you think 69/75 is going to be <80/100?

That would not be the case even if it was one of the easiest paper in the past five years. (I know you are aware of that, but it was mainly directed towards the poster who made the original comment)
Reply 12
yeah sorry i forget to write 'do you really think' - i was just trying to imply to sufainakne how silly he's being.

Yeah i would expect it around 60. It wasn't THAT easy.
Reply 13
I think the grade boundaries are going to be similar to M2 papers, with 55 marks worth of show that questions, people know they've got at least this many marks, so im thinking 60 max for an A and about 73/74 or maybe even 75 for 100UMS
Reply 14
yeah that would be pretty fair
im also a bit worried that they may come down heavily on how good the proofs are because of so many questions being in this format
Reply 15
vb07
yeah that would be pretty fair
im also a bit worried that they may come down heavily on how good the proofs are because of so many questions being in this format

I would suggest that the large number of questions in that format was balanced about by their length: two nine-markers and a six-marker are unusual. Don't listen to me though; I hated the paper.
Reply 16
hi every one, could i just ask if anyone found the 9 mark question about the module of elasticity, a bit suspicious???? i mean it only took me 4 lines to get to the answer for 9 MARKS??????
Reply 17
Negin
hi every one, could i just ask if anyone found the 9 mark question about the module of elasticity, a bit suspicious???? i mean it only took me 4 lines to get to the answer for 9 MARKS??????

Yes, that's what I thought, but you probably get a few of marks for drawing the correct triangle, working out all the lengths, then a couple for resolving, a couple for solving correctly, ie 2Tcos(a)=mg, and an accuracy mark so its about right, I think. Im not going to complain anyway!!
Reply 18
Negin

yeh me too, all you had to do was consider vertical and horizantal forces eliminate T and substitute tan and that was 9 marks, for 4 things!
Reply 19
i think u mean q4
q7a all u had to do was resolve one thing :O

Latest

Trending

Trending