The Student Room Group

GCSE English Grade Percentages?

Does any one know what the grade boundries for GCSE English 2007 is ???

Please like the minimum percentage needed to pass English and so on .......if there is no real say can you guys make a estimation on last years grade boundries if they have changed ? thanks:P

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
im despirate to know aswell but i dont know how to subscribe to a thread without writing a post. my english teacher said its around 40% for a C but im proberly wrong lol :smile:
Reply 2
adam_17
im despirate to know aswell but i dont know how to subscribe to a thread without writing a post. my english teacher said its around 40% for a C but im proberly wrong lol :smile:

that maybe foundation im not sure if someone can give higher and foundation would be nice :p:
Well we don't know the boundaries yet. However, they're the same (in terms of UMS) each year.

For OCR Higher Tier (what I do):

86% = A*
76% = A
66% = B
56% = C
46% = D

It all depends on how the UMS system works, which varies A LOT each year.
Reply 4
Deipnosophist123
Well we don't know the boundaries yet. However, they're the same (in terms of UMS) each year.

For OCR Higher Tier (what I do):

86% = A*
76% = A
66% = B
56% = C
46% = D

It all depends on how the UMS system works, which varies A LOT each year.

Hmm. I hope you're right.

Last year, my school told us the boundaries (for OCR higher) were:
93% = A*
83% = A
73% = B
63% = C

- This I thought was ridicolously high. I'm not sure if they're trying to scare us.. they probably were, I found those quite hard to believe. I mean, someone getting 72% would get a C. That's just ridicolous.
Reply 5
How about AQA??
How much percentage is coursework worth?
Reply 7
I'm on WJEC and the coursework is:
Literature: 30%
Language: 40%
Same for OCR
shakirac
Hmm. I hope you're right.

Last year, my school told us the boundaries (for OCR higher) were:
93% = A*
83% = A
73% = B
63% = C

- This I thought was ridicolously high. I'm not sure if they're trying to scare us.. they probably were, I found those quite hard to believe. I mean, someone getting 72% would get a C. That's just ridicolous.

Deipnosophist123 was right. The UMS needed isn't even as high as your saying. In English Literature apparently only 6% of people get an A*. I think Deipnosophist123 is talking about English language anyway. For English Literature I think the grade boundaries are even lower.
I was talking about Language, yeah. The boundaries are much higher (a typo on your part?) in Literature, irritatingly so. 90% UMS for the A*
Well on the coursework grade sheet for language and literature, it said that 90% (54/60) was A* because i got 54,54,53 and the 53 was an A lol :P
right this is what it was for AQA coursework:
93% = A*
83% = A
73% = B
63% = C

but for the exam its usually lower, though 3 years ago the boundaries were as above... so for the actual exam i reckon as follows:

85% - A*
75% - A
65% - B
55% - C
I am guessing for AQA it will be
40%-C
60%-B
80%-A
90%-A*
JamieH
I am guessing for AQA it will be
40%-C
60%-B
80%-A
90%-A*

That UMS not Raw Marks.
I don't see the merit in second-guessing grade boundaries... :s:
Reply 16
Mathemagician. Funny?
Deipnosophist123 was right. The UMS needed isn't even as high as your saying. In English Literature apparently only 6% of people get an A*. I think Deipnosophist123 is talking about English language anyway. For English Literature I think the grade boundaries are even lower.

I do hope you're right!
Reply 17
i'm doin aqa foundation
4 my coursework overall wid da written work & speaking & lisenin i gt 55/108 wht grade wud dt b plzzzzz can sum 1 help
Reply 18
As far as the WJEC goes, English Language has quite high boundaries, suffocating in fact :smile:

A* - 88%

C - about 55%
Reply 19
does any 1 know wht grade or percentage 55/108 wud be dis is wht i gt overall 4 me coursework & speakin & listenin added all 2geva HELP!! PLZZ

Quick Reply

Latest