The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Just make one up?
thefayme
how would I answer this question if I haven't had any experience with delivering customer service???

DON'T make it up like Tefhel says. They will need references, if they offer you the job, they WILL definitely request for references. If you provide references that are from college and or school the employer will find out you were lying to them all along and obviously you will get the sack - thats if you DO make one up about delivering good customer service.

To answer your question, I think you just state the good and best customer service you have received. DON'T state you haven't got any experience, it won't look good.
Reply 3
Or tell them what you would do to give exceptional service, or what you think it involves.
Reply 4
answer with define " exceptional customer service"

and from then on answer any question they give you with another question - it will make them think you are enthuisastic and inquisitive.
I hate that question, because whatever you put it sounds like you think you give the best customer service ever when you're basically just doing your job. Like, at my last job my actual job was to give the best customer service possible. Anything more than what was actually my job would be serious overkill and would therefore be crap customer service because it would be kind of annoying.

Does anyone know what kind of thing they want?!
Finbar21

and from then on answer any question they give you with another question - it will make them think you are enthuisastic and inquisitive.

No it wont; it will irritate them immeasurably, because you will come across as trying to frustrate the selection process, and make you look deliberately disruptive.That would be a silly way of answering.

Just describe a siuation where you have made someone very happy with a service you have provided. It needn't be at work if you don't have such experience (though they may then ask why it isn't).
Reply 7
ahh i had that question given to me too!

talk about the time a customer had a meltdown and you helped them get through their emotional trauma ..by persuading them to purchase something - like sweets - and you saved them and delivered exceptional customer service at the same - like superman

this is why they should employ you

Latest

Trending

Trending