The Student Room Group

Loughborough Art Foundation interview & drawing task?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Well done!!!
Well done! :smile: I was also wandering, I sent off my slip to confirm my place for Loughborough a while ago but haven't heard anything back. I'm not sure if I should have, but is there anyone who has received some sort of like.. acknowledgement letter?
Reply 62
Hi everyone, it's been really useful reading this thread! I have my Loughborough interview on the 19th March, working on the Kitchen sink at the moment :smile:
Glad to here there's no actual one on one interviews!
Just one question: For your kitchen sink drawings, did you just use graphite pencil on white? thanks
Reply 63
Yeah i just used graphite pencil on a2 in the box :smile:
Reply 64
Ok thank you :smile:
Original post by charlie.m24
anyone applied to loughborough and got in that would like to share an online portfolio??? in serious need of some comforting that i even have a chance of getting in.....
this is my flickr that i used for kingston and have been given an interview there
http://www.flickr.com/photos/71517991@N03/
please let me know what you think..... shi*ting bricks im so nervous!!

It looks great from what i've seen on the flickr account :smile: and it must be since kingston gave you an interview :biggrin:. Did you get an offer from kingston?
Reply 66
Thank you! I also have an interview for Wigan and Leigh for the foundation too! But I'm almost definitely going to go to Loughborough.

I thought it may be good to get to know some of you guys before we actually start the foundation :smile: So if anyone wants to add me on facebook, my link is: [Mod note: facebook link removed, please use private messages to exchange contact details]

To all those with an interview, good luck and you'll be fine! I hope you all get in :smile:

-Jake
Original post by iamglass
It looks great from what i've seen on the flickr account :smile: and it must be since kingston gave you an interview :biggrin:. Did you get an offer from kingston?

thankyou :smile: i am so NOT confident with any of my work, only my most recent final piece which isnt on there :/ um my interview for kingston is in about a week? so so scared, from what ive heard its quite full on and a bit intimidating :/
have you applied for any foundations? or are you doing something else? :smile:
thanks for getting back to me btw :smile:
thankyou :smile: i am so NOT confident with any of my work, only my most recent final piece which isnt on there :/ um my interview for kingston is in about a week? so so scared, from what ive heard its quite full on and a bit intimidating :/
have you applied for any foundations? or are you doing something else? :smile:
thanks for getting back to me btw :smile:

oh sorry i thought you already had it! i've applied to ccw, kingston, and loughborough, all foundation courses. i already been rejected from kingston tho so i only have ccw and loughborough left. :/ good luck in the interview :biggrin: where else have you applied? when's your loughborough review?
oh sorry i thought you already had it! i've applied to ccw, kingston, and loughborough, all foundation courses. i already been rejected from kingston tho so i only have ccw and loughborough left. :/ good luck in the interview :biggrin: where else have you applied? when's your loughborough review?

hahah is cool :smile: ah mannn kingston are reallllyyy picky though so i wouldnt worry :smile: can i see your flickr? :smile: ive applied to kingston, ccw, loughborough and epsom and have interviews at all of them :smile:
i had my ccw on the 8th, epsom this friday, kingston next tuesday and loughborough on the 13th march :smile: whens yours?
Reply 70
[INDENT]Hey I'm on the art foundation now at loughborough and staying for the degree. If anyone has questions let me know :smile:[/INDENT]
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16491447@N04/sets/
I had my ccw on the 8th as well! my loughborough one is on the 20th march. what's your first choice?

eeeek man you are so lucky you didnt have a kingston interview!!! i literally was terrified and found it quite intense/intimidating just cos i was so nervous...
my loughborough is on the 13th.... hows the drawing task going? :smile:
and your flickr is really good, like i said kingston are really picky so i wouldnt worry about it... dont know what theyre missing out on! :tongue:
Original post by ouestle92
[INDENT]Hey I'm on the art foundation now at loughborough and staying for the degree. If anyone has questions let me know :smile:[/INDENT]

hellloooooo i was just wondering whether or not you enjoyed the foundation? also how many people are on the course? and is it super hard to get on to? alsooooooo may be being really stooooooopid here but the foundation course itself is free right?
sorry i do have a few questions :P my interview thingy is on the 13th and im so so scared because i really really want to get in, loved loughborough when i visited :smile: thanks if you do want to answer my bajillion questions ahah
Reply 73
hellloooooo i was just wondering whether or not you enjoyed the foundation? also how many people are on the course? and is it super hard to get on to? alsooooooo may be being really stooooooopid here but the foundation course itself is free right?
sorry i do have a few questions :P my interview thingy is on the 13th and im so so scared because i really really want to get in, loved loughborough when i visited :smile: thanks if you do want to answer my bajillion questions ahah

I've enjoyed it so far and can't fault it. It's mainly down to personal preference though so obviously it's not to everyone's taste!

There's around 150 of us but usually about 600 apply
It's free if you're under 19 before you start (coming straight from a levels)
I've enjoyed it so far and can't fault it. It's mainly down to personal preference though so obviously it's not to everyone's taste!

There's around 150 of us but usually about 600 apply
It's free if you're under 19 before you start (coming straight from a levels)

thanks so much for the reply... that was some speed :P
yeah from what ive seen and heard theres not a bad thing to be said about it :smile: oh cool, so like a 1 in 4 chance of getting in i guess.. :/ oh sweet, thankyou yeah im coming straight from a levels but i had a last minute panic because obvs you cant get a loan for it so im having to pay for accommodation if i do get in :P
do you live in halls? and if so which ones and are they nice? alsoo one last question... night lif in loughborough... yay or nay? :P
Reply 75
thanks so much for the reply... that was some speed :P
yeah from what ive seen and heard theres not a bad thing to be said about it :smile: oh cool, so like a 1 in 4 chance of getting in i guess.. :/ oh sweet, thankyou yeah im coming straight from a levels but i had a last minute panic because obvs you cant get a loan for it so im having to pay for accommodation if i do get in :P
do you live in halls? and if so which ones and are they nice? alsoo one last question... night lif in loughborough... yay or nay? :P

True but the only necessities really are living costs and food if u aren't over 19 so its doable!

Yeah in halls. Depends on price.. if you check them out on the uni website you can get a general idea (nicer ones being holt, billmo, bakewell etc). They dont give u a huge choice to choose from- just depends on your budget tbh

best nightlife!
True but the only necessities really are living costs and food if u aren't over 19 so its doable!

Yeah in halls. Depends on price.. if you check them out on the uni website you can get a general idea (nicer ones being holt, billmo, bakewell etc). They dont give u a huge choice to choose from- just depends on your budget tbh

best nightlife!

ahh thankyouuuu for answering all of that... really helpful! :smile: and who knows may even meet you sometime next year!haha thanks again
Reply 77
ahh thankyouuuu for answering all of that... really helpful! :smile: and who knows may even meet you sometime next year!haha thanks again

its alright, yeah maybe so!
Reply 78
its alright, yeah maybe so!

Is it a big step up from A level art? Or easier without the other subject pressure? Thanks!
Reply 79
Original post by flitterfly
Is it a big step up from A level art? Or easier without the other subject pressure? Thanks!

I'd say foundation is less pressure than A levels provided you keep up with the work and don't miss days.. especially in stage 1. Wouldnt say it was a big step from A level :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest