The Student Room Group

Is it worth it to skip school for a few weeks to revise for my exams?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Frodo Baggins
I agree actually. Well you have changed my opinion! p.s. I am a :bhangra:

hahaha:colondollar:
Original post by tooambitious
im not kidding, i have no idea why though :s-smilie:

lol i was the only indian girl at my school who did this.
I've considered it as well. I can concentrate at home, I feel more relaxed and it saves planning in advance what I need to do and bring into school.

That said, some revision sessions may seem pointless, but quite often I can find them helpful if teachers show different techniques or explain a part of the course and it saves me having to re-read it.

I wouldn't rule going to school out completely, but it's worth bearing in mind that it can be worthwhile.
Original post by enigma1122
hahaha:colondollar:

I assume you guessed i was a sikh!
Original post by Frodo Baggins
I assume you guessed i was a sikh!

the bhangra dancing says it all
Reply 45
Original post by najinaji
Coming from someone who got into Barts, that makes me feel a lot better... :tongue:

I don't know how to take that, did you mean it as a compliment:colondollar:

Plus just realised you're in AS, therefore you have to take into account that you cannot piss off your teachers too much as they'll do your reference, so phone in sick as much as you can (get the sympathy vote:tongue:) and make sure they are not annoyed at you after your exams and go in then, good luck m8:smile:
Reply 46
If you go to a crap school then yes. I can't help but feel the people who are in school the most at my sixth form are the one's who get the least work done, with a few exceptions.
If all of your teachers have finished all of the content for all of your subjects then you're probably better off working at home. As long as you work school hours still, so 9-3 with a lunch break. Although for the 2 weeks before exams probably more like 9-6 if you really want to do well. Classes are useless around this time, teachers fob you off with "group work" or "group revision presentations" etc which just mean you're often paired off with others who either know less than you, don't care as much as you do or are just plainly more stupid than you. If you are motivated enough to even consider the idea, you're probably motivated enough to work at home. Worked for me :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by rohitbd
I don't know how to take that, did you mean it as a compliment:colondollar:

Yep. :tongue:

Plus just realised you're in AS, therefore you have to take into account that you cannot piss off your teachers too much as they'll do your reference, so phone in sick as much as you can (get the sympathy vote:tongue:) and make sure they are not annoyed at you after your exams and go in then, good luck m8:smile:

If I do well, will they forgive me? :tongue:
I'm Indian too and I'm gonna skip the next 2 weeks of school innit

It will benefit me more, I highly recommend you do the same
Reply 50
Why would your teachers be annoyed if you skip school during exam time..they will obviously assume your studying at home

I dont really like skipping school towards exam time because that is when the teachers decide to spew out all these vital exam techniques
Reply 51
Original post by najinaji
Yep. :tongue:

If I do well, will they forgive me? :tongue:

Should do, min did :smile:
Reply 52
Original post by Lumos
technically it is your perogative to go to college or not; you have no obligation to be there.

Really?

I get rang up asking why I'm not in college. Hmm...

I only ever turn up to Maths lessons as my Maths teacher is a legend :colone:.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 53
Original post by f1mad
Really?

I get rang up asking why I'm not in college. Hmm...

I only ever turn up to Maths lessons as my Maths teacher is a legend :colone:.

right, but they only do that because it reflects badly on them. If you do it in your first term you'll probably get kicked out, but at this point you've already been entered for the exams and it's not going to affect your university applications so...
dont gets study leave so seriously considering this.my only productions lessons are maths cus i have awesome teachers.i have learnt more today from biology notes given to me on a thread that weeks of biology.been tring to convince my parents to let me do this.

DO UNI's request your as attendance during application?
Reply 55
I got study leave last week but I haven't seen my friend at school since well before the Easter break. It's like he has just disappeared off the planet :confused: but he has paid well over £100 for repeats so I assume he has just took it upon himself to take VERY early study leave.
Seriously thinking of doing this... I find that at home there's less distractions and I can get through about 5 times faster than at school.
Original post by ConnorB
Seriously thinking of doing this... I find that at home there's less distractions and I can get through about 5 times faster than at school.

Exactly how I feel, I get so much more work done at home...and plus I waste all that time getting to school and having 20minutes of pointless registration and then go to a lesson where we get told to 'silently' do our own revision.... WHY do I bother even going in?! :frown:
I've missed the last week of school through illness so it is kind of a blessing and a curse. I have a reason to stay at home and work, the downside is that this ruddy sore throat won't go away!
Original post by The Doggfather
I'm Indian too and I'm gonna skip the next 2 weeks of school innit

It will benefit me more, I highly recommend you do the same

lol:colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest