The Student Room Group

I think Royal Mail lost my parcel :(

--
(edited 5 years ago)
doubt it. Ring the company and ask if they can give you a tracking number for it, or have a wander down to your local delivery office and ask there. I was expecting a parcel a few weeks ago, turns out the Royal Mail delivery guy hadn't put a card through our door when he tried to deliver it (having said that I was within view of the door all day and no-one knocked...)
Reply 2
Original post by Toxicated
Hi, I recently ordered a Shoe online from an online retailer called chemicaluk based in the United Kingdom. It's been 7 working days now and i'm wondering if it got lost through delivery.

The company said they put it in the post on 03/05/12 and until now I still received nothing. They sent it by Royal Mail first class post without recorded delivery/tracking. I emailed them and they replied that if my shoe doesn't turn up after 22nd May 2012, I should email them back or call them and they will look into it. They also confirmed it was delivered to me on the 6th May but I have nothing from them atm.

However I do suspect something. The address I gave them I put something like this:

>Name<
>Street<
>Area<
United Kingdom
>Postcode<
United Kingdom

As you can see I repeated 'United Kingdom' twice on my 'to be delivered to' address. It was mean't to be Manchester after my Area. Will this effect my parcel being lost? Also is it my fault it's lost and will I get a refund or the same shoe sent out to me if it is really lost?

Thanks, hope anyone can help as I really feel lost and sad atm :frown: Sorry for all the questions

Toxicated~

You bought 1 shoe? :wink:

If you had the house number and post code everything else in the address is irrelevant. It wouldn't have affected your parcel being lost.

Your first port of call should be your local post office sorting office to see if your parcel is there. If it was not recorded delivery they can't confirm it was delivered on 6th may, all they can say for sure is the dispatch date.

As its just been bank holiday it could be just a little late.
--
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
I believe that it is on the seller to prove it was delivered. How did you pay for it?
Reply 5
I buy shoe.
I have no shoe.
Where is shoe?
Reply 6
Wait, it was Royal Mail? Cause since when do they deliver on Sundays? :/
Reply 7
Hehe ops mean't to be 'a pair of shoes' xD thx for pointing that out :smile:

And yeah, i'm going to pop around my local post office tomorrow. If it's really lost, do I get any sort of compensation on my half or is that my goods gone like that? :frown:

I wouldn't bother going to the post office yet, they will just say it's still within the time it could be delivered, and probably won't do anything without a card.

7 days is not very long for post, it's probably best to wait until the 22nd like they said. I doubt it's lost, but if it is then as said above I think it's the sellers responsibility, not yours.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my MB526
--
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 9
best you can do is ring th company
i worked at royal mail at Christmas the people working there are AMAZING... from obscure addresses they can figure out where it is going...
so dont worry about the address being wrong theyre clever... and if they dont know they have magic books of road names ness :biggrin:

give it a bit longer... bank holidays mess stuff up..
also... you havent got to the 22nd yet... the date they told you to contact them after... your local post office cant do anything... other than tell you if they tried to deliver it already... but they would have left a card if they had/ tried again...
x
Reply 11
Credit card, they confirmed the payment and yep, they said it should have arrived on 6th May. Weird, it's a Sunday too and I thought they won't deliver on Sundays.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they never do, write on the company's facebook wall?
Reply 12
Credit card, they confirmed the payment and yep, they said it should have arrived on 6th May. Weird, it's a Sunday too and I thought they won't deliver on Sundays.

Well then, if eventually (and personally I would give it a bit more time and pop to your sorting office) it doesnt turn up you could initiate a chargeback on your credit card. It is for the seller to prove delivery, and with no tracking ( and claiming royal mail deliver on a su day, which they definitely do not!) the cc company would refund you.
--
(edited 5 years ago)
This site is suitable for tracking parcels, please try - https://parceltrackingapp.com/en
Reply 15
I've worked for Royal Mail before and it would be very difficult for a parcel to get "lost"

If it hasn't turned up and it's gone like 4/5 working days past it's due date [and you've labeled and stamped it correctly] then most likely is that it's been stolen
I lost my item is arrived to the different place what is 104 miles away it should arrive on Friday the sender is put the right features in the parcel and a tracking number but the Royal Mail still miss placed it I was call the customer service but they say the parcel what I bought is not mine and the sender gave me a wrong tracking number but this is lies cause they could tracking it and when is arrived to the United Kingdom Royal Mail is been lost so they did aiming wrong and luring to the people

Quick Reply

Latest