The Student Room Group

Higher Business Management 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Twinkle10
The only thing they might ask you to draw is how to manage stock control.

Don't forgot product life cycle.
Reply 81
Original post by Sami'
Don't forgot product life cycle.

Completely forgotten lol. I haven't seen that question pop up yet. But you never know this might be the year.
Reply 82
it's tomorrow.. ahh!! i've not even been doing revision today since I've been procrastinating all day! but i think i may have myself a few hours with my notes just to read read and read... anyone else feel the exam is just how much you can cram in to your head rather than what you know/don't know? (if you get me)
It says in my How to Pass book that its ok to write your answers in bullet points as long as you follow the command word?
Reply 84
Original post by WaleedPirzada
It says in my How to Pass book that its ok to write your answers in bullet points as long as you follow the command word?

My teachers have been telling me all year that all answers except question 1 need to be done in sentences and that you wont get any marks if you use bullet points.
Reply 85
Does anyone have any predictions?
Original post by Camsh
My teachers have been telling me all year that all answers except question 1 need to be done in sentences and that you wont get any marks if you use bullet points.

yeah but in that book it lays it out in a certain way. But, if you dont use bullet points, should you leave a space between each of your points to make it more clear for the marker?
Reply 87
Original post by Camsh

Our teacher showed us sample exam scripts and someone had used bullet points but then written sentences and they got the marks

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 88
anyone know if you are allowed to quote in the first question

I have always done so, but I read somewhere that it wasnt allowed.
Reply 89
Original post by sgrubb
anyone know if you are allowed to quote in the first question

I have always done so, but I read somewhere that it wasnt allowed.

Yeah you are.
Reply 90
cheers, so basically using what they have said in the case study is aloud!

Thank god for that, its the only way I know how to answer the question

GOOD LUCK! to everyone tomorrow
Reply 91
FML barely been revising, thought i had a grip on things, but obviously never. I think the only way I'll know how i've done is after the exam, because so many different questions can come up, that it's hard to predict a grade. If that makes any sense.
Reply 92
Yeh! So true, there is that many questions they can ask you its hard to really know if you are prepared or not
Reply 93
I can't bring myself to do anymore revising. I've done a total of 25 hours crammed in the past few days (10 hours yesterday). At first I had so much time to study but I just procrastinated the whole time (I blame the weather - must soak up the sun). Oh well, cant turn back time. Good luck to you all! :smile:
Reply 94
my brain is fried! but have done a fair amount of revision :smile: (i hope enough) still getting my head round FACES, the whole year i never bothered with it, but starting to make sense...a session of crash revision on ratio analysis and franchises should sort me out tomorrow :smile: Good luck everyone!
Reply 95
Could anyone help me out with a definition of Empowerment? I've seen it in a couple anwer schemes but I don't remember being taught it and can't find it in my notes.
Original post by Camsh
Could anyone help me out with a definition of Empowerment? I've seen it in a couple anwer schemes but I don't remember being taught it and can't find it in my notes.

It is when employees (somtimes managements) use their initiative and make decisions for themselves without having to consult managers. It happens during delayering and if an organisiation has a flat structure!
Reply 97
Can someone please explain to me the description of each of "role of HR please!
Facilitator
Auditor
Consultancy
Executive
Service.

Thank youuu.
Original post by Jordza95
my brain is fried! but have done a fair amount of revision :smile: (i hope enough) still getting my head round FACES, the whole year i never bothered with it, but starting to make sense...a session of crash revision on ratio analysis and franchises should sort me out tomorrow :smile: Good luck everyone!

We didnt get taught FACES but i saw it in my textbook and though naaa, it wont matter! Now im panicking, what actually is it? and do you think its a big risk not learning it?
Reply 99
Ive not learnt FACES either!!! ahh!!! I'm scared for tomorrow! who has any hunches?

I'm thinking;
branding/own brands, extension strategies, cash budgets & users bla bla

help!

Quick Reply