The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sheel1
Go on this

[video="youtube;HifEwyuL7ZE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HifEwyuL7ZE&feature=fvwrel[/video]

I was gunna go on it summer :P

I definitely am!
I also want to go on Stealth, I've been on SAW though!
The 90min wait was so worth it-- not to mention that I made other's on the ride completely deaf!:tongue:
So I've been doing the Upcycling/CAB coursework and I luckily got 41 out of 80 (a low C). Unfortunately, I checked to see if my coursework folder was still there and it wasn't. Although the work has been marked, I'm just worried that coursework grade (60% of the final grade) won't be included in the overall grade as the work isn't there anymore. STRESS!
Original post by blueray
Yeah unis only accept top 3 subjects ucas points anyway.

Yh well I doubt they would care at all about it. Just good preparation I think!
Reply 4583
Anyone know what they want to do as a career or at university?
Original post by GreenLantern1
Well I actually don't like physics hugely. I mean I love maths so I kinda am reli into Theoretcial Physics (the kinda thing Sheldon does from Big Bang) but then I don't like Experimental Physics much. So I like the mathsy part of it and all the theory and logical side. Not so much basic stuff like making circuits and things hehe! My favourite science is chemistry though, up there with maths and german :wink:

I hope I do it! What ae you into. Are you the journalism fanatic or is that someone else who has a similar dp?

Oh! I thought that you loved Physics:smile:
I am a huge fan of The Big Bang Theory, esp. Sheldon! I wish I had his brains--but definitely not his personality:lol: That's cool though. I actually prefer Physics over all the science's because of the calculations it and the theoretical side, but hey! Everybody's different:smile: Ohh-I hate circuits... it bores me to death!
Like I told you before, I love English along with maths; and yep, I am the journalist around here! Some actually came to my school on Friday from The Guardian and were doing interviews along with the Mayor of Barnet-- so it was actually pretty cool:P I got to see how journalism actually is! But me liking Literature--don't hold it against me!:biggrin:
Yh well I doubt they would care at all about it. Just good preparation I think!

Same. You have a leavers event?
Original post by Deziah

I want to become a journalist, and most probably study either:
classics/oriental studies/ancient history/anthropology.....
I really want to make it to Oxford, but I doubt it very much considering the strength of competition:frown:
You? What you want to study at a higher level?:wink:
Reply 4587
Original post by justanotherindigo
I want to become a journalist, and most probably study either:
classics/oriental studies/ancient history/anthropology.....
I really want to make it to Oxford, but I doubt it very much considering the strength of competition:frown:
You? What you want to study at a higher level?:wink:

I'd love to be a secondary school teacher of either French or a science, crazy I know. ;D
Journalism sounds cool! I wanted to do that in year nine, but then I realised how shocking I was at English. ;D
Original post by Deziah

I have no idea! it's so frustrating. =[ :mad:
Original post by usycool1
Unlucky.

Which ones? :smile:

Maths(11th),Biology(12th),Chemistry(15th),Geography(18th) and Physics(20th).
I take RE. I did OCR B. Did 2 Philosophy exams last year and 2 Ethics exams this year. What spec are you?

For philosophy or eastern religions??? I'm sooo confused :s I don't take philosophy... But if I did, I think it'd be the one with ethics and the abrahamic religions
Original post by justanotherindigo
I definitely am!
I also want to go on Stealth, I've been on SAW though!
The 90min wait was so worth it-- not to mention that I made other's on the ride completely deaf!:tongue:

Haha!!! I never been on saw yet O.o, now you make it sound more adrenalin XD
Original post by Deziah

Degree wise either a field of Engineering, Economics, Econometrics or Maths if I find the A-level easy, that in mind I haven't taken F.Maths.

For a career I'd link to work in some sort of banking (maybe hedge funds?) or for an engineering company like Aston Martin. Hopefully living in Hawaii, California, Washington Mukilteo or Cornwall (in that preference) :tongue:

For University I'm cnsidering Holland or England.
Reply 4593
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
Degree wise either a field of Engineering, Economics, Econometrics or Maths if I find the A-level easy, that in mind I haven't taken F.Maths.

For a career I'd link to work in some sort of banking (maybe hedge funds?) or for an engineering company like Aston Martin. Hopefully living in Hawaii, California, Washington Mukilteo or Cornwall (in that preference) :tongue:

Oh wow, haha! I'd love to live in America. ;D
Original post by multiplexing-gamer

The idea of living in America is growing on me again... I'd actually need a good career for that though, which I can't see happening! :lol:
Reply 4595
Original post by Adriennet
I have no idea! it's so frustrating. =[ :mad:

I wouldn't worry about it. ;D
I change my mind near enough everyday, haha. It's probably best to see how your A-levels go. People might have their heart set on medicine, then realise that they're not suited to chemistry and feel disappointed.
Hello ladies and chaps, anyone care to help me with these simultaneous equations?:

4x-y=17 and x=5+y

I think I have to use substitution but I don't really know what I'm doing.
Original post by Alexx53
They are, but it kept saying I need a password to access them?

Oh right. That means only your teachers can access them :smile:
Reply 4598
Original post by InvertedLayman
Hello ladies and chaps, anyone care to help me with these simultaneous equations?:

4x-y=17 and x=5+y

I think I have to use substitution but I don't really know what I'm doing.

set 4x-y=17 as 4(5+y)-y =17 :smile:
Original post by Deziah
I wouldn't worry about it. ;D
I change my mind near enough everyday, haha. It's probably best to see how your A-levels go. People might have their heart set on medicine, then realise that they're not suited to chemistry and feel disappointed.

true, i just dont wan't to decide on a course then find out i havent taken the necessary subjects. and that won't be a problem for me as I hate science and don't even do it this year. :smile: