The Student Room Group

pop punk/hardcore/metalcore chat

Scroll to see replies

A long shot, but did anyone see or are going to see Blink 182 this week/for their 2012 tour?

I saw them on Thursday; amazing night.
Original post by samanthaaaa
A long shot, but did anyone see or are going to see Blink 182 this week/for their 2012 tour?

I did. Went to see them on the first night of the tour in Birmingham. They were alright but the crowd were shockingly bad. I was a bit disappointed :frown:
Got the 24th off to see Terror, Rotting Out (!!!), Naysayer, Bane, and Before We're Done.

Then on the 29th is my last show in the US (probably): Dead End Path, Soul Search, Daylight, Basement, Strike to Survive, BreakingxGround, Sweet Weapons, Iron Grip, Perspective, and Iron Horse...and there's a pillowfight afterwards (gotta love DIY venues)!

Stoooooked.
Original post by Scott129
I did. Went to see them on the first night of the tour in Birmingham. They were alright but the crowd were shockingly bad. I was a bit disappointed :frown:

As in they weren't supportive? On Thursday, the crowd were rather 'silent' for the Blackout compared to the All-American Rejects with the opening acts, ha.
Original post by nosceteipsummm
Got the 24th off to see Terror, Rotting Out (!!!), Naysayer, Bane, and Before We're Done.

Then on the 29th is my last show in the US (probably): Dead End Path, Soul Search, Daylight, Basement, Strike to Survive, BreakingxGround, Sweet Weapons, Iron Grip, Perspective, and Iron Horse...and there's a pillowfight afterwards (gotta love DIY venues)!

Stoooooked.

I'm going to see terror, rotting out and brutality will prevail in October, I'm well up for it!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 465
Pillowfight after Dead End Path? You Americans are crazy.
As in they weren't supportive? On Thursday, the crowd were rather 'silent' for the Blackout compared to the All-American Rejects with the opening acts, ha.

I wouldn't say not supportive, there was clearly a lot of love for all the bands. It's just there wasn't much crowd participation, even during the heavier/more upbeat songs, there were only a handful of people jumping or mosh pitting. Kind of ruined it in all honesty, I thought it would be like a proper party atmosphere.
Reply 467

This was fantastic.
Original post by Betacra

This was fantastic.

Yasssss, can't beat a bit of leftover crack!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 469
Original post by Betacra

This was fantastic.

Did you catch them touring at the back end of last year? Awesome, really really awesome. It was the original line up (plus Brad from F-Minus ofc). I saw them at The Maze in Nottingham - the crowd was ****ing barmy. Great punk scene in Notts, coupled with that dinky little venue being packed to bursting made for a wonderful evening.

Choking Victim are touring the UK very soon, like, 2 weeks? Less? Although it's not actually CV, it's Stza and Chewing on Tinfoil (brilliant Ska Punk band from Ireland). I'm seeing them in Notts on 29th when they top the bill at a Ska/Punk all dayer
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 470
Original post by hogso
Did you catch them touring at the back end of last year? Awesome, really really awesome. It was the original line up (plus Brad from F-Minus ofc). I saw them at The Maze in Nottingham - the crowd was ****ing barmy. Great punk scene in Notts, coupled with that dinky little venue being packed to bursting made for a wonderful evening.

Choking Victim are touring the UK very soon, like, 2 weeks? Less? Although it's not actually CV, it's Stza and Chewing on Tinfoil (brilliant Ska Punk band from Ireland). I'm seeing them in Notts on 29th when they top the bill at a Ska/Punk all dayer

Thanks for the info, gonna go see if these guys are playing anywhere a little more local anytime soon.
Reply 471
Just came back from Suis La Lune. They were breathtaking :biggrin:
Reply 472
Original post by tooosh
Just came back from Suis La Lune. They were breathtaking :biggrin:

We Came Out Like Tigers were very good as well, hadn't heard much by them before.
Reply 473
Original post by Pi!
We Came Out Like Tigers were very good as well, hadn't heard much by them before.

I hadn't either, apparently all the stuff they played was from their new album which wasn't out yet? I was sold as soon as he picked up the violin :tongue:

Was a bit surprised more people weren't into Vales though, it was just me and a few other people. Their reception at Kerouac was a lot better. And Thom Denson was in the crowd :rolleyes:
Reply 474
Original post by tooosh
I hadn't either, apparently all the stuff they played was from their new album which wasn't out yet? I was sold as soon as he picked up the violin :tongue:

Was a bit surprised more people weren't into Vales though, it was just me and a few other people. Their reception at Kerouac was a lot better. And Thom Denson was in the crowd :rolleyes:

I didn't have the heart to tell Chlo her fly was undone. :colondollar:
Reply 475
Original post by Pi!
I didn't have the heart to tell Chlo her fly was undone. :colondollar:

How the hell did you notice that? I was probably the closest to her for most of it and didn't see. Maybe you should have paid more attention to the show :wink:
Reply 476
I love majority of those bands!! Rise against, sum 41, new found glory, set your goals. But definitely four year strong and the wonder years are my favorites!!
Are there any Brand New fans here?
Reply 479

Saw them in Lisbon in July this year! Amazing, such a good live band! Still much prefer Green Day though :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest