Original post by Raseo7
You will change your mind if you become a Barts med student

Hes an Imperial medic though :tongue:
Original post by Raseo7
You will change your mind if you become a Barts med student

Original post by raveen789
Hes an Imperial medic though :tongue:

:biggrin: :ninja:
I called up Barts and as usual they sounded like they wanted to shut the phone on me as soon as possible. I did manage to squeeze out some information though. The lady who worked for admissions said 'a large proportion' or rejections have been given out. She said no interviews have been given out yet to undergraduate UK applicants and that this will start any time now and 'continue into February'. They love that phrase, don't they?

In other words folks, if you've survived the cull so far, the light at the end of the tunnel is in sight.
I was just wondering if any undergraduate applicant has not been rejected yet but thinks they have a very low score? That would make it clearer if they have really rejected most of the applicants they would have rejected before interview.
Original post by Enjoy Life
I called up Barts and as usual they sounded like they wanted to shut the phone on me as soon as possible. I did manage to squeeze out some information though. The lady who worked for admissions said 'a large proportion' or rejections have been given out. She said no interviews have been given out yet to undergraduate UK applicants and that this will start any time now and 'continue into February'. They love that phrase, don't they?

In other words folks, if you've survived the cull so far, the light at the end of the tunnel is in sight.
I was just wondering if any undergraduate applicant has not been rejected yet but thinks they have a very low score? That would make it clearer if they have really rejected most of the applicants they would have rejected before interview.

Me I have 740 UKCAT and 540 tariff :frown:
Me I have 740 UKCAT and 540 tariff :frown:

Wow that's amazing, have you seen anyone here rejected with a score any higher? That may shed some light on a possible cut-off. :smile:
Wow that's amazing, have you seen anyone here rejected with a score any higher? That may shed some light on a possible cut-off. :smile:

Yeah much higher like 720 tariff and like 700+ UKCAT :tongue:
Yeah much higher like 720 tariff and like 700+ UKCAT :tongue:

Yeah I think there was this odd case earlier with a guy getting rejected with that. I honestly think that must be a one off and probably a miscalculation of the UCAS tariff. At least I hope so. I think your score is solid though and you're probably safe.

My estimation, and this is just me, is that a cut off would be round about 720 UKCAT and 560 UCAS tariff.
Reply 1630

Thanks for the info mate/hun, much appreciated :smile: I just hope they mean what they say, are you a UK applicant too? No idea what the cut off is judging from others that have been rejected, seems a lil shady.
Reply 1631

I thought so..I guess its minutely reassuring to hear that no interviews have been given out to undergraduate UK applicants :tongue:..there's still hope!

Thanks! ..I rang them today and could't squeeze anything out accept ' Many interviews have yet to take place and successful applicants will be informed as soon as possible ' :rolleyes:

This is when I jinx myself.

UKCAT: 747.5
Tariff (Don't laugh): 430

Normal application w/o any scheme.
I rang up and all I got was not to worry about it, that positive and negative offers are being sent out up until mid february. Anyone heard anything else?
Original post by PG593
Thanks for the info mate/hun, much appreciated :smile: I just hope they mean what they say, are you a UK applicant too? No idea what the cut off is judging from others that have been rejected, seems a lil shady.

No problem mate. I'm a UK applicant. Going through to last year's thread, there are a few odd cases of people rejected with high scores. I guess when you have thousands of applications, an odd few UCAS scores are likely miscalculated. On the whole, they are likely to scare us but we shouldn't let such things get to mind. I remember in November an A100 undergrad claimed to have an interview on this thread. Maybe we ought to take everything with a pinch of salt around here.
Yeah I think there was this odd case earlier with a guy getting rejected with that. I honestly think that must be a one off and probably a miscalculation of the UCAS tariff. At least I hope so. I think your score is solid though and you're probably safe.

My estimation, and this is just me, is that a cut off would be round about 720 UKCAT and 560 UCAS tariff.

It's 50/50 I think it's overall score that counts.
the cut off for UKCAT is 2400 I think and 460 for tariff. (but if you get minimum in both then you probably will get rejected)
so you could have crappy UKCAT and really good tariff i.e. 750 tariff with 2400 UKCAT and get an interview vice-versa.

at least that's what it said here: http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/FAQs/99618.pdf
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Anxious Owl
This is when I jinx myself.

UKCAT: 747.5
Tariff (Don't laugh): 430

Normal application w/o any scheme.

I'm very sorry Anxious Owl if I offend you but this is what it said on the website:
"For school-leavers/gap year students, you must be predicted to achieve a UCAS Tariff of at least 460. We expect you to take all exams for which we have been given a predicted result."

so if 430 really was your tariff then you should have been rejected?
Are you sure you didn't miss calculated your tariff?
(edited 10 years ago)
**** on it **** on it
Original post by XingBairong
I'm very sorry Anxious Owl if I offend you but this is what it said on the website:
"For school-leavers/gap year students, you must be predicted to achieve a UCAS Tariff of at least 460. We expect you to take all exams for which we have been given a predicted result."

so if 430 really was your tariff then you should have been rejected?
Are you sure you didn't miss calculated your tariff?

Oh don't worry!

I didn't understand the criteria when I read it, the med school's reply was vague and didn't really help at all, and my teachers didn't know much about QM, so it was bad luck and my own idiocy :P

But I'm pretty sure that's my tariff (as long as CiDA doesn't count).

I guess they just haven't gotten around to me yet. I've accepted defeat, really :redface:
Reply 1639

I only have 675 UKCAT and a 620 TARRIF

Quick Reply