The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

The "Ask a Durham Student" Thread :)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Most colleges will let you store things in your bed box over holidays, though I'm not sure what the policy is in Mary's. I suggest you give the college secretary a call and they'd be more than happy to tell you.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 21
loggins
Most colleges will let you store things in your bed box over holidays, though I'm not sure what the policy is in Mary's. I suggest you give the college secretary a call and they'd be more than happy to tell you.

Be careful handing out this information when you're not sure about the policy between colleges - it can vary quite a lot, even WITHIN a college.

At Trevs, for example, if you're in a refurbished rooms you can lock stuff in a cupboard but if you're not in a refurbished room then you can leave stuff in the cupboard but it's not lockable so anyone using your room during the vacation can access it. Bit random I know!
Reply 22
Ok, when I said "Most" I meant "Some". I did strongly reccommend calling Mary's to check though...
And if anyone fancies finding more out about Aidan's, Physics, or Durham Uni Women's Football, point them my way...
Reply 24
I generally know everything about Durham, for I am a God. So ask me anything, and I shall answer (within a reasonable period of time).

:wink:
Reply 25
I'm sure I lost some dirty washing when I left some stuff in my cupboard over the easter holidays in 1st year.

That stuff is going to go for loads on eBay in a few years time.
Reply 26
dobbs
I generally know everything about Durham, for I am a God. So ask me anything, and I shall answer (within a reasonable period of time).

:wink:

Where can you get slush puppies from? (preferably strawberry) The nearer to Aidan's the better.
Reply 27
Hmm, does it have to be the specific brand "Slush Puppy"? Because I know Humby's Sweet Shop in the indoor market stock a variety of fruity slush drinks, though I'm not sure if they're the real Slush Puppy deal :cool:....
Reply 28
if they're crushed ice and taste nice they'll do :biggrin:
They definitely have the slush puppy plastered all over the machines, though I've never had one and who knows what's actually in them...
Reply 30
goldenbarnes
They definitely have the slush puppy plastered all over the machines, though I've never had one and who knows what's actually in them...

Surely the contents are...slushed puppies? This is what I have been led to believe for the past 22 years of my life...is it not true?:frown:

I wondered why when my dog died I hacked his leg off and put it in the blender it didn't taste anything like Slush Puppies, I thought I just did something wrong in the process :frown:
Reply 31
dobbs
Surely the contents are...slushed puppies? This is what I have been led to believe for the past 22 years of my life...is it not true?:frown:

I wondered why when my dog died I hacked his leg off and put it in the blender it didn't taste anything like Slush Puppies, I thought I just did something wrong in the process :frown:

You forgot the ice and food colouring. Simple mistake ;console;
Reply 32
Tufts
You forgot the ice and food colouring. Simple mistake ;console;

Aw bugger. Well I was only young.....17! :frown:
Reply 33
loggins
Hmm, does it have to be the specific brand "Slush Puppy"? Because I know Humby's Sweet Shop in the indoor market stock a variety of fruity slush drinks, though I'm not sure if they're the real Slush Puppy deal :cool:....

that's where i was gonna say :biggrin: i love that place. 20 wham bars for a pound? yes please!
Reply 34
Humby's FTW :biggrin:! I used to waddle down there every lunch time when I was a fat little school kid :smile:, *reminisces*...
sidekick
that's where i was gonna say :biggrin: i love that place. 20 wham bars for a pound? yes please!

Wham bars???
Reply 36
angus_mcfisher
Wham bars???

are you saying you dont know what wham bars are??? oh dear. oh dearrrr.

loggins: :five: yay for sweeties :biggrin:
Reply 37
sidekick: :biggrin:!
Reply 38
sidekick
are you saying you dont know what wham bars are??? oh dear. oh dearrrr.

loggins: :five: yay for sweeties :biggrin:

Psh, everyone knows refresher bars are far superior. :p:
Becca
Psh, everyone knows refresher bars are far superior. :p:

Right on Becca! Becca knows where its at! :five: Yay for Refreshers! :p:

Quick Reply

Latest