The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

D= LINCOLN ACCOMODATION !!! :s

I am going to lincoln this year (2011/2012) and i have no idea where to stay ... i hear the courts are the best place for freshers but they are so expencive :/
also is brayford court like the student village courts just off campus ?? by that i mean is it mainly freshers and stuff like that ???
if not where is a good reasonabley priced place to live : ) ???
xx :redface:
Reply 1
Hi fellow 2011 starter
As i understand it the Courts are best for freshers cos its mainly freshers in them
So everyone is kinda in the same boat abnd therefore everyone has a common ground
They are arranged in flats with six people sharing a kitchen/social space each with individual en suite room in the courts
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
:smile: yeah thats what i hear but do you know if brayford court is the same situation even though it is off campus ? :smile: xx
Original post by lalalaura-x
:smile: yeah thats what i hear but do you know if brayford court is the same situation even though it is off campus ? :smile: xx

I've heard that Brayford Courts are usually mixed with 1st, 2nd and 3rd years but they do look much better than the student village. I choose the student village/courts because I wanted to be sure I would be with other 1st years.
Reply 4
Hmm Its just the price that bothers me they are more expensive but not as nice and the others are pretty much on campus they are so close ... My sister has said sometimes mixing years is good cause you meet more people like a bigger range but I'm still not sure what to do I do like the look of Hayes wharf and brayford courts Dx Xx
Reply 5
hiya..
courts are on campus and are for first years only, i lived there last year and it had a good atmosphere, the only downside being that thereare single beds and no tv or sofas in the living room. i liked living there because it was all other first years and you were all in the same boat.

this year i chose to live in the pavilions which is so much better, more cosy and is cheaper. there is the chance that you could be put with 2nd and 3rd years so if you want to live with only freshers then courts is your best bet.

for my third year me and one of my current flatmates is moving into brayford court in a 2 bed flat. this is further away from campus than courts and pavilions and is further away from town than the junxion and brayford quays but its only 5 mins away which isnt that bad.

in my experience, whichever one you choose youll have a great time and make loads of friends it just depends on whether youre okay with possibly sharing with 2nd and 3rd years.

oh and i think i heard that the university has bought some of the flats from pavilions secifically for first years!
Reply 6
Original post by lalalaura-x
I am going to lincoln this year (2011/2012) and i have no idea where to stay ... i hear the courts are the best place for freshers but they are so expencive :/
also is brayford court like the student village courts just off campus ?? by that i mean is it mainly freshers and stuff like that ???
if not where is a good reasonabley priced place to live : ) ???
xx :redface:

Hi there,

Im starting lincoln in Sep 2011, i have decided to put down student village as my first choice because everyone is going to be in the same boat and no one will know each other, however if you stay somewhere that has 2nd and 3rd years then you experience you recieve may be different.

Dan.
Reply 7
Pro tip: when you do finally learn what yoiur accomodation is go on facebook pages such as "lincoln freshers 2011/2012" and "lincoln uni accom" and yougo site and you can easily find your flatmates an speak to some of them before you go

Quick Reply