The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Kim-x

Original post by Kim-x
Of course not. All uni students welcome.

Your 2nd semester starts late. A lot of unis seemed to start last week or the week before.

I know people who don't start back til 6th of February :lolwut:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 61
Original post by ArcadiaHouse

There is an audition tomorrow for a play but I'm too shy to go. :cry2: I would love to try ... but something's stopping me :sigh:

Go :jumphug:

2012 is all about conquering fears and doing stuff/hobbies that I really want to do - GO FOR IT :h:
Original post by natty_d
I know people who don't start back til 6th of February :lolwut:

Lucky bastards.
Original post by natty_d
Go :jumphug:

2012 is all about conquering fears and doing stuff/hobbies that I really want to do - GO FOR IT :h:

:colondollar: OK. I will. They say they're not sure how many people they need in it at this stage but I'll increase my chances by actually turning up, right?

I have to go to the doctor in the morning though ... I don't want to still be in pain at the audition in case it hinders my chances. Thanks for the encouragement :smile:
Reply 64

:colondollar: OK. I will. They say they're not sure how many people they need in it at this stage but I'll increase my chances by actually turning up, right?

I have to go to the doctor in the morning though ... I don't want to still be in pain at the audition in case it hinders my chances. Thanks for the encouragement :smile:

:yy: :yep: Best to go and show some interest and see how everything works.

I'm finally conquering my musical dreams by doing some DJ-ing, having a radio show, and starting my band - things that I've always wanted to do!
****'s sake. Exam tomorrow and I'm just too tired to actually comprehend the questions on the past papers so I'm making stupid mistakes again and again. To make me feel worse, it's probably my easiest module...
Original post by natty_d
:yy: :yep: Best to go and show some interest and see how everything works.

I'm finally conquering my musical dreams by doing some DJ-ing, having a radio show, and starting my band - things that I've always wanted to do!

OMG good for you!! DJ-ing looks hard. Radio sounds soooo fun but I hate my speaking voice.

There is a girl in one of my tutorials, she's Scottish as well but her accent is so throaty and sexy. I'm as straight as an arrow but I looooove her voice. I love the radio :biggrin:

Wish I had the talent to start a band. Seeee, you're living your musical dreams and I'm becoming a thespian :awesome:
Reply 67

Lucky bastards.

This would actually be me if wasn't for that the fact that I still have Management/Business lectures because of the Business School having their reading week at a different time (the end of term). This means that I actually get two reading weeks! :awesome: (well two halves!)

OMG good for you!! DJ-ing looks hard. Radio sounds soooo fun but I hate my speaking voice.

There is a girl in one of my tutorials, she's Scottish as well but her accent is so throaty and sexy. I'm as straight as an arrow but I looooove her voice. I love the radio :biggrin:

Wish I had the talent to start a band. Seeee, you're living your musical dreams and I'm becoming a thespian :awesome:

I think I have a slightly odd speaking voice too but it's gonna be all about the music so I won't be talking too much! I'm very excited - my friend is going to be producing the show :woo:

I wish I could act, I always got such bad marks in drama :emo:
Reply 68
I start lectures again tomorrow after finally finishing exams. I'm quite excited to get back into the uni routine and start new modules, although I am sure I will not be feeling this way when the reading piles up!
Original post by natty_d
This would actually be me if wasn't for that the fact that I still have Management/Business lectures because of the Business School having their reading week at a different time (the end of term). This means that I actually get two reading weeks! :awesome: (well two halves!)

I think I have a slightly odd speaking voice too but it's gonna be all about the music so I won't be talking too much! I'm very excited - my friend is going to be producing the show :woo:

I wish I could act, I always got such bad marks in drama :emo:

Lucky :awesome: We get one but it's fairly soon so can't complain.

I'm really pleased for you :biggrin: I've never done drama before ... Actually we had it occasionally when I was like 12 and I enjoyed it but it was all very silly and not graded. So I have no idea if I can act or not. :smile:
Goals for this evening:

-Read and take notes on 2 short stories
-Read some background stuff from library for essay
-Start Great Expectations
:wavey:
Finally made it across to the shiny new thread!

Semester 2 starts tomorrow for me too, so I need to do the reading for my seminar tomorrow. I'm not actually going to make the seminar as I have a docs appointment but guess I should do it all the same......

I also need to go through all the notes for this module and edit them into making some sort of sense :colondollar:

LOL

I got my mum a mug once that says "Where there's tea, there's hope" :lolwut:

My one encourages work though as it says "Drink up and work on" :pierre:

Where there is tea there is hope!

I have one mug that says on one side: 'Break Time' and on the other: 'Break Over' in a space invaders style. I don't look at the latter side.

---

Finished my long essay plan despite having not read much on the subject. It's 1 A4 page for a 6000 word essay, I think that will do. Now to tidy away my notes and do some seminar work.
Original post by Aemiliana
Where there is tea there is hope!

I have one mug that says on one side: 'Break Time' and on the other: 'Break Over' in a space invaders style. I don't look at the latter side.

I don't know why I put ':lolwut:' as I didn't mean that :colondollar: Oops!

I loooove funny mugs :biggrin:
I hate the freshers that live in the halls near me. They need to shut up soon. Honest to God, why do they let freshers live there? (It's a private hall and next to other private halls for 2nd years and up and families). They are so noisy! Some students are trying to work, you know!
Reply 75
o the joy of having assessed lab for 33% of modular straight after exams :/
Boom, emailed in my plan. Like a boss. :cool: I am far too awake. Time to tidy up my mess (when I study, the messy monster invades my room and eats my shoes) and then I'll do some seminar work before bed at 1am at the latest. Or I'll just tidy and go to bed. That's more likely.
Reply 77
I fail. All I've done is go food shopping, wash up, sort my laundry and edit half of what I've already written of my essay, making sure that I have all references recorded. Tomorrow I need to go to the library first thing because I forgot to record a page number out of the book I used and the library only has one copy. I will then edit the rest and get writing some more. New week, new start. Shall do some reading before bed.
I am an idiot! I gave the rats some hazel nuts in shells to keep them occupied while I worked, how LOUD do they want to be with them! I clearly didn't think it through lol

Although it's better than having to listen to the bloke upstairs on his bongos or play the same chord over and over on the guitar - and badly at that!

I don't know why I put ':lolwut:' as I didn't mean that :colondollar: Oops!

I loooove funny mugs :biggrin:

Ah that's makes better sense!

A good mug is the way to happiness.