The Student Room Group

TSR Game Bargains Thread

Scroll to see replies

Trine is currently available for 69p on the Mac app store. It might be a couple of years old, but at that price you can't turn it down.
Free Cities in Motion download when completing quick survey: http://www.hotukdeals.com/freebies/cities-motion-free-game-when-completing-survey-1158589
Not your typical bargain but Game and Gamestation have reduced the price of some of their pre-owned stock. List here.
(edited 12 years ago)
FM2012 is £7.99 on Steam for 48 hours only, great price for anyone interested :smile:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/71270/?snr=1_7_suggest__13
With a £5 voucher code (EX5OFF) and Quidco/Topcashback, Mass Effect 3 can be yours for less than £30 delivered. All thanks to your fine friends at Tesco Entertainment. Go get 'em, tiger.

Also heard that Psychonauts is £2.99 on Steam for the next week - http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/psychonauts-pc-2-99-steam-1162073
Reply 2005
Dear everyone, take the above two posts' advice and get Psychonauts and FM12!!
Borderlands GOTY £5 is always a good shout.
Original post by LtCommanderData
Am I correctly remembering that Civ V was reduced to around £5 in recentish Steam sales? I want to get it... But at £20, if the drop is that big I think I'd rather wait to see when it's on sale again.

:woo: it's on sale again! £4.99 for standard, £7.49 for GOTY.

Any opinions on whether GOTY is worth it?
Original post by LtCommanderData
:woo: it's on sale again! £4.99 for standard, £7.49 for GOTY.

Any opinions on whether GOTY is worth it?

for the extra content? yes, BUT they are releasing a significant expansion soonish, so I'd be inclined to hold out
Original post by Magnum Opus
for the extra content? yes

I have paid good attention to this part of your post and gone for it :smile:
Steam came up with an "Update News" window telling me:
To thank you for your purchase, we have given you free guest passes to share with your friends. These passes will let your selected friends play the full game for three full days.
The purchase and passes referring to Nuclear Dawn. I spent a solid 5 minutes wondering when the hell I bought it because I was sure it was an online-only game that I deliberately didn't buy when it was on sale in December. Turned out I had done that, but it was included in an IndieRoyale bundle in January...though I'm still a little miffed about getting some guest passes (or only being notified of them) now, which seems really random since I registered the game on my Steam account over two months ago :s:

Anyway, on the topic of IndieRoyale, their next bundle is due out very soon - they're accepting pre-orders now and it should presumably go live at some point on Saturday.

And sometime last week the original Postal was added to IndieGala's second bundle. I've finally relented and bought the bundle, though as cheap as it was I can't really say it's that great a deal for me - including the two late additions (Postal, plus Fruit Blitz for Android phones) of the maximum 14 games available in the most expensive bundle I was missing a grand total of 4 games (the two late additions, Fortix 2 in the cheap bundle and RoboBlitz in the middle bundle)
Hahaha I got Nuclear Dawn exclusively for the winter achievement.
Such a stupid move but oh well :P
Following on from Dali's post, the new Indie Royale bundle is up for download now: http://www.indieroyale.com/bundle/the-stpatricks-day-bundle

This Bundle is headlined by Flying Wild Hog's Hard Reset, an explosive FPS with a dark sci-fi, cyberpunk setting, available on Windows as a Steam key, Desura key and DRM-free download. Hard Reset aims to scratch the old-school shooter itch with fast-paced action, while it appeals to new school fans with gorgeous visuals and a deep, experience-based weapon upgrade system - a Hard but fulfilling namesake.

Next up is Brawsome's Jolly Rover, a jaunty Windows and Mac 2D point-and-click adventure, available on Steam/DRM-free for both formats, and as a Desura Windows key. The acclaimed adventure game offers a humorous piratical narrative voyage, featuring dozens of fully animated and voiced characters, and even has a fully integrated hint system for those walking the difficulty plank.

Also featured in the bundle is the mathematically stimulating, Steam-enabled Windows and Mac abstract RTS game Vertex Dispenser by Smestorp. Players learn how to manipulate vertices' colors on a geometric field, building color-coded powers for special abilities to defeat the opposition. Rounds can be played out solo or online with a friend across both Mac and Windows operating systems.

Rounding out the bundle is an Indie Royale exclusive Windows and Mac debut (DRM-free and Desura) with Going Loud Studios' acclaimed satirical platformer, DLC Quest. Dubbed the Xbox Live Indie Game of the Year in 2011 by Official Xbox Magazine, and now available outside of consoles, DLC Quest pokes fun at an industry seemingly obsessed with downloadable content. Before players can save the girl, they must play through 16 (faux!) DLC packs to enable animation, sound and even... pausing?
Two initial bonuses start out the Saint Patrick's Bundle, with more to come! Firstly, the creators of DLC Quest present the bonus DRM-free Windows RPG overhead shooter Lair of the Evildoer. In the amusingly scripted title, players collect over a score weapons and level up while battling hordes of monsters in randomly generated levels. Secondly, the creator of Vertex Dispenser has created Vertex Vortex Remix Cortex, a new puzzle re-imagining of Vertex Dispenser using just simple mouse controls, and exclusive to this Indie Royale bundle for DRM-free Windows & Mac download.

Those who pre-ordered or pay more than the minimum for this Bundle receive a retro bonus: the NES-inspired 15-track album O.S.T: Original Soundtrack from Daniel Capo, available in FLAC and MP3 file formats.
As always, generous purchasers keep the bundle price low and give more to developers, as Indie Royale runs on its familiar five-day model where the price will automatically increase as more people buy the bundle.
Humble Bundle for Android 2 is out!
5 games; Avadon, Canabalt, Cogs, Zen Bound 2 and Swords and Soldiers for paying over the average.
Looks good. I've got it and I'm currently testing Canabalt on my San Francisco. (the Humble bundle app won't download for me though)
Original post by mahjongmagic
Humble Bundle for Android 2 is out!
5 games; Avadon, Canabalt, Cogs, Zen Bound 2 and Swords and Soldiers for paying over the average.
Looks good. I've got it and I'm currently testing Canabalt on my San Francisco. (the Humble bundle app won't download for me though)

Bought for Canabalt, and because there's naff-all chance I'll ever get around to playing my Steam versions of Cogs and Swords.

Liking the new Android twist on the last two bundles; it goes to show Wolfire Games are still kings of the PWYW market. Keep up the good work, fellers :dice:
Random Ubisoft coupons when you pop onto Steam...doesn't seem to be any particular logic to it, and there seems to have been a bug whereby logging out and logging back in gives you duplicates of the same coupons. When I say there doesn't seem to be any logic to it, I mean that reading through a thread on Steam's forums, I've seen people say they got anything between one and five coupons, everyone getting one for 50% off Assassin's Creed Revelations, some people getting as many as four of those, and some people getting one for 66% off Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes as well.

Someone also posted in that thread:
Also, i noticed that CrimeCraft has added some new Easter achievements.

So maybe there might be a Steam will be having a Easter hunt and we get chocolate eggs :p:
So possibly an easter sale coming up with one of those achievement hunting things that Valve have been rather fond of over the past year (which is OK when the games the achievements are for are in the daily sale deals, but not so good when they're not)
5 days of Square-Enix deals on Steam :woo:

Today's is the Hitman games. Although they sadly still don't have Hitman: Contracts on Steam, getting the other three games in the series for £3.74 (or at the very least picking up Blood Money for £1.49) is well worth it :yy:
There's another Indie Royale "Lightning Round" (lasting for 100 hours): http://www.indieroyale.com/ The current minimum price is £2.47.

First up, NinjaBee brings side-scrolling, puzzle-platforming console hit Cloning Clyde, co-developed by Bacon Wrapped Games, to Windows PC users. Players use mutant Clydes (including Chicken-Clyde, Frog-Clyde, and Sheep-Clyde) to help the real Clyde escape the 40 levels of the evil Dupliclone, Inc. IGN considered the XBLA version of Cloning Clyde "one of the most extensive and enjoyable games available," and the Windows version packs an equal punch.

Players can also enjoy building and managing on land with the signature NinjaBee citybuilding title A Kingdom for Keflings. Playing as a giant, players progress by unlocking new blueprints, buildings and tasks on their way to constructing a Kefling kingdom, and the game includes the ability to build cities online cooperatively with your friends, as well as extensive customization to buildings, villages, and tasks for in-game citizens.

In the humorous space station sim game Outpost Kaloki, players must "solve challenges, entertain visiting aliens, keep your ratings high, defend your station against alien attackers, and rake in the money on your way to fame, love, and glory". With dozens of scenarios to play through and a number of "sandbox" environments to extend the experience, Outpost Kaloki has since expanded to Xbox 360 and iOS, but Lightning Pack purchasers get the Windows title that started it all.

Also available is Cloning Clyde's spiritual sequel, platform puzzler Ancients of Ooga. NinjaBee and Bacon Wrapped Games' 2011 title substitutes clones for fallen tribal chiefs with ancient, elemental powers necessary to clear over 50 levels, all full of new puzzles and platforms. Ooga also boasts a unique eat/carry/puke inventory management system. Eurogamer claims that the game has a "twisted humour and mutated style lending a pleasantly Oddworld vibe to proceedings," adding to the game's overall charm.

Finally, as an instant bundle bonus, the SRPG genre gets a relatively rare Windows outing with Band Of Bugs, a fast playing, accessible tactics strategy game. The game, also an early hit on Xbox 360's Live Arcade service, features a full story-based campaign, online play, and a level editor that lets you design custom scenarios and share them with your friends, as well as allowing compatibility with bonus campaigns and map packs available for free online.

All five titles are available as DRM-free or Desura Windows PC downloads, with Steam keys included for the two games available on that service, Cloning Clyde and Ancients of Ooga. The Ninja Lightning Pack will run for just 100 hours, under the same pricing model as before: the price will automatically increase as more people buy the pack. Those generous purchasers who pay more than the current minimum can keep the price low or even decrease it.
I've just discovered my old Live account from 2006 has 1700 MS Points sat on it :woo: just downloaded Gotham City Impostors for 1200, any suggestions for the last 500?
There's a new IndeiGala as well: http://www.indiegala.com/

Trapped Dead

Greed: Black Border

Future Wars

Looks like it's pay what you want, but paying more than the average (currently $4.14) gets these two games as well:

Grotesque Tactics

Twin Sector

Is £7.50 good for Deus Ex: HR?

Quick Reply

Latest