The Student Room Group
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website

HPAT Ulster 2012

Scroll to see replies

Did anyone get rejected for Speech and Language therapy despite doing ok in hpat?
I got 86% and still got rejected :frown:
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website
Original post by nachtjenevel
I just got two unconditionals from UU - one each for diagnostic and therapeutic radiography!!! Anyone else going for these??

Congrats :smile:
All I wana do is therapeutic :'(
Reply 102
Original post by LeJoshing
I got an offer for diagnostic radiography with a much lower overall 56 and 43 percentile, if you haven't got an offer today, most likely tomorrow

thanks very much for the reply :smile: are you going to do diagnostic then? or have you had other offers?
Original post by Scoachie
thanks very much for the reply :smile: are you going to do diagnostic then? or have you had other offers?

No problem! :P

When I first applied I was really pumped for diagnostic radiography, went to the UUJ open day and really liked what I was seeing. However due to my physics result in January, I have lost a bit of the motivation for it. :/ I am going to resit physics in June to try to bump up my grade. I've got other offers, tho I got rejected from Cardiff to do Diagnostic, my others aren't radiography related (Zoology, Biological Sci and Biomedical). Have got until June 5th to decide, though hoping to get offers firmed and insured before the deadline. :P

Did UCAS not reply today then? :/ No reply doesn't mean rejection, just means Ulster are being slow at handing them out. I think no offers are sent after 5pm, though they should appear first thing in the morning! Is this your last offer to receive?

Good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 104
I got a rejection for diagonstic radiography :frown:
Reply 105
Original post by Cara27
congrats :smile: i also got an offer for OT! which one are you going for?

SLT, it was always going to be my first choice, I just didn't think that I would get in because there are so few places on the course!
Reply 106
Original post by pinkmonkey93
Did anyone get rejected for Speech and Language therapy despite doing ok in hpat?
I got 86% and still got rejected :frown:

Sorry to hear that, it's unfortunate. The cut off for SLT is high because there are only 40 places, I guess you just missed out. Have you any other offers?
Reply 107
Offer for diagnostic radiography, so so happy :smile: who else got one?
Reply 108
Original post by busted1
Offer for diagnostic radiography, so so happy :smile: who else got one?

I got one as well :smile: Congrats! You going to firm it then? What was your percentile in the HPAT?
Reply 109
Original post by rmoran640
I got one as well :smile: Congrats! You going to firm it then? What was your percentile in the HPAT?

Congrats to you too! Yeah its going to be my firm, what about you? I got 65 percentile which I thought wouldn't get me in but i'm not complaining haha. What did you get?
Reply 110
Original post by busted1
Congrats to you too! Yeah its going to be my firm, what about you? I got 65 percentile which I thought wouldn't get me in but i'm not complaining haha. What did you get?

Thanks :smile: and what about your insurance? I got 75th percentile but I honestly think its so silly the way they rely so much on the HPAT! I dont really know what to firm because I got an offer for therapeutic as well :/
Wooo conditionals for physio, radiography any radiotherapy!!! :biggrin:
Reply 112
Thanks :smile: and what about your insurance? I got 75th percentile but I honestly think its so silly the way they rely so much on the HPAT! I dont really know what to firm because I got an offer for therapeutic as well :/

Might have Queen Margaret Edinburgh as my insurance but I don't know :/ yeah like its just their way of narrowing it down, like what does traveling (the second essay) have to do with allied health professions? You still have time to decide.
Reply 113
Original post by Rowinglegend
Wooo conditionals for physio, radiography any radiotherapy!!! :biggrin:

Congrats :smile: any idea to what you are going to firm?
Reply 114
I got a conditional for O.T. :smile::smile::smile:
Reply 115
Original post by busted1
Might have Queen Margaret Edinburgh as my insurance but I don't know :/ yeah like its just their way of narrowing it down, like what does traveling (the second essay) have to do with allied health professions? You still have time to decide.

Awwh them essays were so bad, I've never wrote as much ****e in my life just to fill the page lol Yeah i suppose, when do we have to make our firm and insurance decisions by do you know?
Reply 116
Awwh them essays were so bad, I've never wrote as much ****e in my life just to fill the page lol Yeah i suppose, when do we have to make our firm and insurance decisions by do you know?

The aim of the game was to write as much as you could haha. Amm i'm not too sure, some people have to have it done by some time in May, but others June? It should come up on UCAS Track when the deadline is
Reply 117
Original post by busted1
The aim of the game was to write as much as you could haha. Amm i'm not too sure, some people have to have it done by some time in May, but others June? It should come up on UCAS Track when the deadline is

Ooh i checked my UCAS there and my deadline is 7th June! That gives me plenty of time :smile:
Original post by nachtjenevel
Second time?! What did you do the first time?!

Same here - very excited, but totally bricking it in equal amounts.

I done Environmental Engineering about 10 yrs ago in Jordanstown, so a total change in direction. I'm not sure I'll get away with heading out on the beer now as much as I did the first time though... :frown:
Original post by busted1
Congrats :smile: any idea toi what you are going to firm?

Emm probably physio ...actually shocked didn'tk think id get an offer for it lol

Quick Reply

Latest