The Student Room Group

UK Medical School International Applicants Discussion Megathread 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 960
Original post by Samy
I did get an interview, just no offers yet :P

Samy,

Have you got an offer from Ireland RCSI yet?
Reply 961
Original post by ukmed108
Samy,

Have you got an offer from Ireland RCSI yet?

Yeah, I got it last Friday :P How about you?
Reply 962
Original post by Samy
Yeah, I got it last Friday :P How about you?

I got a offer from NUIG, National University of Ireland Galway yesterday. I also got an offer from St. Andrews today.
Hey all, I have a problem. I am planning to visit my brother in London on the 2nd of August. My parents have already bought tickets while I was waiting for an offer so I can confirm if I need a one way air ticket (and stay in UK till term starts) or return air ticket. So now that I have an offer from Southampton, I can book a one way ticket, but I have been told that I can't leave in the June-Aug period because there will be a lot of paper work (like visa, screening tests, and we have to complete some booklet that will be sent from UK). So now I'm just really confused. Should I book my air tickets? Does anyone have any information on the screening requirements and their deadlines? Air tickets are running out fast...

ps. sorry if this is not the right place to post
Reply 964
Original post by runawayxtrain
Hey all, I have a problem. I am planning to visit my brother in London on the 2nd of August. My parents have already bought tickets while I was waiting for an offer so I can confirm if I need a one way air ticket (and stay in UK till term starts) or return air ticket. So now that I have an offer from Southampton, I can book a one way ticket, but I have been told that I can't leave in the June-Aug period because there will be a lot of paper work (like visa, screening tests, and we have to complete some booklet that will be sent from UK). So now I'm just really confused. Should I book my air tickets? Does anyone have any information on the screening requirements and their deadlines? Air tickets are running out fast...

ps. sorry if this is not the right place to post

Well depends on what kind of passport you have, if you can go to UK Visa free, than you can go during that time your Visa is being processed. That is if I am reading your question right.
Got an offer from Nottingham the other day!

I can just imagine myself being rejected for a student visa though ...
Reply 966
Congrats!!
Reply 967
This thread has just like, died.
Who's going to Glasgow/Newcastle!
Original post by llamelvin

Newcastle for me, maybe if Leicester rejects me (haven't heard from them yet)
Reply 969
Hi, everyone. Hope everyone's doing alright with mocks and exams coming up and all. I was wondering, has anyone here applied to Ireland for medicine? And if you have, have you heard from any of the unis? Be it an offer or a rejection? Thanks in advance.
Reply 970
I applied to 2 schools in Ireland UCD and NUIG. I had an offer from NUIG but i withdrew. I haven't heard from UCD so I am probably on the waiting list. Overall though, I firmed St. Andrews/Edinburgh.
Original post by HishamG
Hi, everyone. Hope everyone's doing alright with mocks and exams coming up and all. I was wondering, has anyone here applied to Ireland for medicine? And if you have, have you heard from any of the unis? Be it an offer or a rejection? Thanks in advance.

got an offer from trinity.
holding on to the offer, but firmed durham.
Reply 972
Has anyone applied to Oxbridge for medicine? I'm an international student thinking of applying to Cambridge but i'm not sure about their quota for international students- ithink its something like 14/15 places every year which is quite low. SO has anyone applied to oxford or cambridge and got any offers or interview? :smile:
Thanks
Reply 973
I applied to 2 schools in Ireland UCD and NUIG. I had an offer from NUIG but i withdrew. I haven't heard from UCD so I am probably on the waiting list. Overall though, I firmed St. Andrews/Edinburgh.

Hi, ukmed108. Thank you for your reply. However, I would like to ask you, did you apply through the Atlantic Bridge program? And did you get the offer by mail or email? Also, when did you get the offer? Thank you for your time.
Reply 974
Original post by caramelorchoc
got an offer from trinity.
holding on to the offer, but firmed durham.

Hi, caramelorchoc. Thank you for your reply. Did you apply through the Atlantic Bridge program? And when did you get the offer? Was it via mail or email? Thank you for your time.
Original post by HishamG
Hi, caramelorchoc. Thank you for your reply. Did you apply through the Atlantic Bridge program? And when did you get the offer? Was it via mail or email? Thank you for your time.

i applied through iumc
got an interview early january, and got my offer in february
sure, its no problem really :smile:
Reply 976
Original post by HishamG
Hi, ukmed108. Thank you for your reply. However, I would like to ask you, did you apply through the Atlantic Bridge program? And did you get the offer by mail or email? Also, when did you get the offer? Thank you for your time.

Yes, I applied through the Atlantic Bridge program. I got the offer by email first, then by mail.
Reply 977
Yes, I applied through the Atlantic Bridge program. I got the offer by email first, then by mail.

Hi, ukmed108. Thanks for your reply. When did you get the offer? Thanks in advance.
Original post by llamelvin

Will you be going to Glasgow??
I got a offer from NUIG, National University of Ireland Galway yesterday. I also got an offer from St. Andrews today.

Hiya! Im sorry if i sound so noob. But did you have to take any admission medical exam UKCAT etc to apply for med school in ireland? I have done some research but Im still not very familiar what has to be done for application to Ireland med sch.

Anyone who is familiar with application to Ireland med schools, please give some advice:colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest