The Student Room Group

Can you help me with my english literature unit 1 exam

Hello, i am currently in year 11 at school and i have my exams for literature in just over a month. I am fairly confident with unit 2 because i understand how to answer the poetry questions which i learnt for my exam last year.

However, my teacher this year hasn't explained to me how to answer the questions in the unit 1 exam which is on modern texts. I have studied 'Mister Pip' and 'Inspector Calls' and i have good knowledge on them and understand them very well. I believe i could get a decent grade in my exam but the problem is i don't know how to answer the questions asked, i may know the answers but dont know how to write them down.

So, what i am asking is how do i structure my answers for sections A and B in the literature unit 1 exam? How many paragraphs do i write for each section and what do i write in each paragraph? Do i PEE?
Reply 1
Which exam board are you on? I'll have a look online for some past papers, and I'll try and help you with your answer structures. :smile:
Reply 2
I can't help specifically as it's been a while since I did English, but P.E.E. works for ALL essays.

The number of paragraphs depends on how many points you have and the amount of time you have for each question.

Quick Reply

Latest