The Student Room Group

iGCSE 2012 Chemistry Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi everyone :smile: hopefully this exam will be okay!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 21
Chems always easy dont worry about this one :smile:
Reply 22
I made this so that you can discuss the upcoming chemistry exam!
My revision for this is seeing how far I can get on this:

http://www.chembio.uoguelph.ca/educmat/chm19104/nomenclature/quizes.html
Reply 24
Original post by Big-Daddy
My revision for this is seeing how far I can get on this:

http://www.chembio.uoguelph.ca/educmat/chm19104/nomenclature/quizes.html

dude gcse is way simpler than that xD
Reply 25
THe best thing about chem is that if you know the subject a 100% youare likely to get top marks.
I love that there are no real life situations or question you have to think very hard.

But anyway post the papers as soon as you get from the centre!!
Reply 26
Original post by nithpriya
THe best thing about chem is that if you know the subject a 100% youare likely to get top marks.
I love that there are no real life situations or question you have to think very hard.

But anyway post the papers as soon as you get from the centre!!

Does anyones centre hand them out? Because some do, mine doesnt though :frown:
Original post by sahajkaur
dude gcse is way simpler than that xD

Haha well there's no point wasting time with revising the IGCSE stuff.
Reply 28
See link for chemistry short notes and attachment for 2013 SAM!!

http://www.4shared.com/office/kif6-lyQ/Chemistry_quick_revision.html?

:wink:
Reply 29
Haha well there's no point wasting time with revising the IGCSE stuff.

That's true! Some people find Chemistry hard and I don't get it. At GCSE level it's **** easy! I'm not even revising :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by nithpriya
See link for chemistry short notes and attachment for 2013 SAM!!

http://www.4shared.com/office/kif6-lyQ/Chemistry_quick_revision.html?

:wink:

yeah i did that one :biggrin:
Reply 31
Original post by sahajkaur
Does anyones centre hand them out? Because some do, mine doesnt though :frown:

I feel your pain!
Reply 32
Hey guys, for the experiments, do we need to just learn them? Eg the oxygen experiments to show how much oxygen is in the air and the cracking experiment and the others hahha :smile: do we need to learn them?

Original post by Graceyfave
Hey guys, for the experiments, do we need to just learn them? Eg the oxygen experiments to show how much oxygen is in the air and the cracking experiment and the others hahha :smile: do we need to learn them?

I don't actually know any experiments by heart, per se. If you can understand the concepts, that should be fine. However, you should make yourself aware of any catalysts listed for any reaction, because they really can't be figured out on the spot (e.g. hydrogen peroxide -> water + oxygen, catalyst is manganese (IV) oxide).
Reply 34

No you never have to learn experiments for chem
Reply 35
I don't actually know any experiments by heart, per se. If you can understand the concepts, that should be fine. However, you should make yourself aware of any catalysts listed for any reaction, because they really can't be figured out on the spot (e.g. hydrogen peroxide -> water + oxygen, catalyst is manganese (IV) oxide).

Yesss, that's what I mean, like those experiments. Is that the evolution of oxygen? :/ I can never remember what is what. I'm generally good at chemical concepts, its just the experiments that trip me up
Reply 36
Yesss, that's what I mean, like those experiments. Is that the evolution of oxygen? :/ I can never remember what is what. I'm generally good at chemical concepts, its just the experiments that trip me up

Hey you need to know haber process, crude oil, cracking, making ethanol, contact process, blast furnace, aluminium extraction and brine electrolysis
Reply 37
Halfway done with IGCSE exams, got Chemistry on Monday morning. I used to really dislike Chemistry and got C's and D's in the class tests and mocks last year, but got 1 mark off an B in my January mock and have been improving in class.

I would have been aiming for a B but now I'm aiming for an A. Did loads of practice papers and revision couple of weeks ago, but don't know where start studying now. Any ideas on what 'difficult topics' that require studying will come up?
Reply 38
Just for your reference I've attached the Question Papers and Mark Schemes from the January 2012 series :smile:
Original post by Ganda_Dan

I would have been aiming for a B but now I'm aiming for an A. Did loads of practice papers and revision couple of weeks ago, but don't know where start studying now. Any ideas on what 'difficult topics' that require studying will come up?

Stereochemistry of amino acids. :tongue:

Don't worry, I'm joking. To start with, make sure you know the Contact Process and Haber Process back to front, including all of the conditions, etc.

Quick Reply

Latest