The Student Room Group

GCSE Russian Exams

Everyone ready? I know I'm not, I'm so nervous.

Hahaha, I'm learning vocabulary at the last minute, too. :frown:

I'm praying for an A*, but Right now I'm pretty much on an A.
I hope to god the grade boundaries are low, but if more native speakers are taking them, then I'm screwed.

GLEO!
Reply 1
I'm doing these. I think I'm sort of ready, or at least there's not much more revision I can do. I'm nervous for the end of the listening paper when they suddenly speak so much quicker than the rest of the test! Who's carrying on with Russian for AS?
Reply 2
Original post by Claree
I'm doing these. I think I'm sort of ready, or at least there's not much more revision I can do. I'm nervous for the end of the listening paper when they suddenly speak so much quicker than the rest of the test! Who's carrying on with Russian for AS?

Agreed about the listening, your waiting for the beep to stop, so you have the information for each question, but then it carries on and you've missed the information :frown:

I thought today's tests were soooooo easy, especially the Reading test. :tongue:

I'm guessing you're carrying on next year? I hope to carry on to A-Level Russian, at my college if I get an A/A* at GCSE, I can do the full A-Level in 1 year. Also, hopefully I'll be able to pick up GCSE Italian as well. :biggrin: Wish me luck, I'll wish luck for you!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Dominicque
Agreed about the listening, your waiting for the beep to stop, so you have the information for each question, but then it carries on and you've missed the information :frown:

I thought today's tests were soooooo easy, especially the Reading test. :tongue:

I'm guessing you're carrying on next year? I hope to carry on to A-Level Russian, at my college if I get an A/A* at GCSE, I can do the full A-Level in 1 year. Also, hopefully I'll be able to pick up GCSE Italian as well. :biggrin: Wish me luck, I'll wish luck for you!

Yes, I've put down Russian as one of my AS options for next year.

How did you find the writing? I did the question on what you do on Saturdays for the short task and the one about an object I own for the longer task. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Claree
Yes, I've put down Russian as one of my AS options for next year.

How did you find the writing? I did the question on what you do on Saturdays for the short task and the one about an object I own for the longer task. :smile:

I'm doing AS too, i thought the saturdays essay was a gift but the choice for the second essay wasn't great in my opinion. I did the what do you plan to do after GCSEs.
Reply 5
I got a B overall, WHATTTTTT?! :s-smilie:

RUSSIAN 1 b 52 70 2012 6G
RUSSIAN 2 a 67 80 2012 6G
RUSSIAN 3 a* 63 70 2012 6G
RUSSIAN 4 b 57 80 2012 6G

How? I mean what? If I got a*abb, cross the * of the a* and it would be aaab, so why did I get a B?! What did everyone else get? I'm sooooooo confused and upset, right now. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending