The Student Room Group

How to dress like a Bond girl?

This weekend at work I need to dress as something relating to James Bond, and I'd like to just be a Bond girl. I've never seen any of the Bond films, but I'm aware that Bond girls are generally in bikinis or slinky dresses. I ain't going in a bikini because the guys that come in are pervy enough already, so do you think a nice red dress and heels would look Bond girl-esque?
Are there any other items i could add to my costume to make it more obvious that I was a Bond girl?
Reply 1
http://www.jamesbondmm.co.uk/bond-girls.php

you could go through the list and see if you look anything like any of the bond girls and then google that bond girl and try and dress like her. that way you can say you're a specific bond girl, which would be much cooler than just being a random bond girl.
If you have a dress with a split (so you could see you leg) you could always wear a garter with a toy gun in it? I dunno how helpful that is lol
i dunno...i just discovered this...i posted this as a reply on another thread (it wsnt too suitable 4 it tho lol)but i love it

http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=20552&storeId=12552&categoryId=49448&parent_category_rn=&productId=307897&langId=-1

maybe ...i'm not sure
Reply 4
Well, you could just go as a secretary and be Miss Moneypenny.

Or, you could go in white, and stick a giant olive in your hair and go as a martini.
Reply 5
ASprinkleOfPixieDust
If you have a dress with a split (so you could see you leg) you could always wear a garter with a toy gun in it? I dunno how helpful that is lol

I did that! It went down rather well...
Reply 6
Segat1
Well, you could just go as a secretary and be Miss Moneypenny.

Or, you could go in white, and stick a giant olive in your hair and go as a martini.

LOVE that idea!!!!! :biggrin:
ASprinkleOfPixieDust

I'm liking this idea, wear your hair up, nicely too. Maybe long black gloves.
Reply 8
Black dress, black gloves, gun and red lippy.
Ooooh also if you make your toy gun a little water pistol and put the spirit of your choice in it...although i've just realised its for work, guess it'd be ok if you worked at a bar, if all else fails fill it with water and squirt the pervy guys! mwahahaha
Reply 10
Hahaha, thanks girls - your suggestions are all brilliant! I think I'm going to go with the garter + gun idea, I hadn't thought of using a gun as a prop.
Also LOVE the martini idea but i don't have a white dress or white ensemble, and I can't shop this week because I have essays to do :mad:

fill it with water and squirt the pervy guys! mwahahaha

I will soooo be doing that! Hahaha! I don't work in a bar, work in Blockbuster :smile:
If you have like a long satin dressing gown you could paint an octopus on it and go as Octopussy.
Make sure you leave something for the imagination... its like "you can't touch this unless you're Bond" type of look. :yy:

Latest