The Student Room Group

Interview at Greggs on Saturday...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Been there, done that. :P
Working for Greggs was meh, but then everyones experience differs.

My tips would echo what everyones said, smile, be friendly, seem enthusiastic etc

Look at Greggs family values as they as ask you about 2/3 of them and when answering hypothetical questions (I was asked a few) use your initiative and show them that aswell.

It was a pretty easy interview, I hope it goes well. :h:
Reply 41
Original post by Nayberay
Been there, done that. :P
Working for Greggs was meh, but then everyones experience differs.

My tips would echo what everyones said, smile, be friendly, seem enthusiastic etc

Look at Greggs family values as they as ask you about 2/3 of them and when answering hypothetical questions (I was asked a few) use your initiative and show them that aswell.

It was a pretty easy interview, I hope it goes well. :h:

Thanks. :smile:
Gonna do some research on the values tonight, I think.
Reply 42
show em your iced buns :wink:
I have an interview at greggs on friday 25th :biggrin: The advert stated 15 hours a week, does anyone who works there currently know how possible it is to expand on hours and have them be consistent?

I'm on a zero hour contract where I currently work and my hours are all over the place, I was getting in the region of 14-20 before, then at half term I had 34. Now they have lowered my hours and I'm down to 11. It will be nice to know I will be guaranteed at least 15 a week but around 30 would be better in terms of my financial commitments. Any ideas? :smile:

Also in terms of the rota, how far in advance does it come out?

Also any tips for interview?
Reply 44
I'm really dreading the interview now. ;___;
I've had a bad day and I've got to do all my research/ID photocopying tonight. x___x
Original post by aleathiel

Also in terms of the rota, how far in advance does it come out?

Also any tips for interview?

With the rota, it totally depends on the manager I'm afraid. If they're organised then they may have them out 3 or even 4 weeks in advance, if not then they could leave it until the last minute (doing it on late Saturday afternoon when the week begin the next morning.)

As for interview tips, look at my first post.
Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent
With the rota, it totally depends on the manager I'm afraid. If they're organised then they may have them out 3 or even 4 weeks in advance, if not then they could leave it until the last minute (doing it on late Saturday afternoon when the week begin the next morning.)

As for interview tips, look at my first post.

that sounds pretty good, well if they're organised :smile:
Original post by alabelle
I'm really dreading the interview now. ;___;
I've had a bad day and I've got to do all my research/ID photocopying tonight. x___x

Honestly, don't worry. They should do their utmost to put you at ease and put you in the best state possible to answer the questions. :smile:
Original post by aleathiel

that sounds pretty good, well if they're organised :smile:

The average is probably 1-2 weeks :wink:
Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent
The average is probably 1-2 weeks :wink:

still better than at the moment where I work, sometimes they don't send it till as late as wednesday evening and the week starts on a friday, though they have been a bit more organised lately and sending it out on a tuesday instead :p:
Reply 50
Update: The interview was fine. The manager who interviewed me was lovely and she explained that if I get the job, I'll be working in a Gregg's Café in the same shopping centre, which is fine.
She also explained that I would be paid around £5.50 once trained up, and shifts are a minimum of 4 hours.

I'll find out within the next week whether I have the job or not!
Reply 51
Another update: I got the job!!!!
Thanks for all your help everyone I'm so pleased. :smile:
I love work!
The company is so good to us (50% off, profit shares, amazing holiday pay)
And its the people that make it to be honest except the horrible customers who dont like slightly warm sausage rolls >:frown:
Congratulations and welcome to the company! :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by Bobsyourteapots
I love work!
And its the people that make it to be honest except the horrible customers who dont like slightly warm sausage rolls >:frown:

I love whacking out the line "we dont serve hot food"
Reply 54
Original post by Bobsyourteapots
I love work!

I'm glad you like it... makes me slightly less nervous for my first day haha (not sure when it is yet though).
Original post by Alans Amp
I love whacking out the line "we dont serve hot food"

I just go on about VAT with them and how we would have to charge... even though they probably don't even know what it is and would bitch if we did! Ahhh and we havent got a card machine so they call us outdated so i'm just like as long as moneys still printed i'm pretty sure its still gonna be used :biggrin:
Reply 56
Original post by United...
research the facts they will ask you about the company also aim for all your answers to relate back to their "family" idea of a workforce.
come across as someone who can work well in a team and show enthusiasm youl get it.

I work at Greggs btw just on a sat.

I was nearly going to put..."wait, they interview?!?!" but in all seriousness

1. Research the company
2. Be good and sociable
3. Have examples ready for questions relating to customer service and excellent, especially dealing with unhappy people and how you made them happy

Good advice quoted above
Reply 57
Haha yeah it was all good advice. :smile:
(Well it must have been for me to get the job... haha).
Steak bake

nom
Reply 59
Congratulations. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest