The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MissoLuxe
I know this has probably been asked and answered before but what do you actually get for having catered accomadation? Is it worth it?

I believe it is 2 meals a day. Breakfast and Dinner Monday to Friday. Brunch and Dinner on the weekends.

Overall one of my friends worked out that if he had gone (and still did) get all of his meals it would have meant that he paid 80p per meal.
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by SirMasterKey
I believe it is 2 meals a day. Breakfast and Dinner Monday to Friday. Brunch and Dinner on the weekends.

Overall one of my friends worked out that if he had gone (and still did) get all of his meals it would have meant that he paid 80p per meal.

Ahh right ok, thanks for that :smile:
Reply 82
I'm applying for an ensuit self catered room, anyonw knoq where should I applying for the best social life/banging time. I never looked round the accomodation..
Yeah I'm going for ensuite self-catered aswell, my mate who's a Leicester 1st year now told me GMS is the most sociable hall so I'm putting that as 1st choice.
Reply 84

Who cares which is the most sociable hall right now..I've applied in JoFo and I say that this year my hall will be the most sociable..;P
Reply 85
Original post by Astrum
Who cares which is the most sociable hall right now..I've applied in JoFo and I say that this year my hall will be the most sociable..;P

true, but what I mean is where is known for having a good bar/most people etc

tbh I'll probably put JF aswell, we can have a party :cheers:
Reply 86
Could anyone tell me if Leicester accommodation is on a first come first serve basis? Or do they basically pick it out of a hat (ballot)?
Accomodation Policy

You should get it in, asap to try and guarentee yourself a room in the hall and type of room you want, however you are guarenteed accomodation providing you apply before September 1st, so you will have somewhere to live.
Reply 88
Original post by fancythat
true, but what I mean is where is known for having a good bar/most people etc

tbh I'll probably put JF aswell, we can have a party :cheers:

Damn right we are having a party.. ;P
Reply 89

Phone them?I got mine that way ;P
Reply 90
Original post by Astrum
Phone them?I got mine that way ;P

Better yet I might go down there to the office lol as I'm in leicester now anyway..
Reply 91
Original post by odacel
It might have been caught in your spam filter, have you tried to add [email protected] to the safe-list?

This is exactly what they said to me.I've added them to my email contacts and I have a search feature on my email and I've searched 'accomodation' in my entire email, including spam and it brings up any emails regarding accomodation and nothing..
Reply 92
Am I correct in assuming that Leicester do not make accommodation offers until results are in or if you have an uncondiational offer?
Original post by BigV
Am I correct in assuming that Leicester do not make accommodation offers until results are in or if you have an uncondiational offer?

I think so. It said that in a document they sent me anyway.
Reply 94

Correct.
Reply 95
Original post by grape:)
Catered halls have to leave their accommodation over the small holidays, and self catered don't (hence the week difference). If you put down that you would like a flat, then that flat is payable by you only, as it is an individual flat. However, all rooms that aren't individual flats are arranged in traditional flat-like layouts anyway. It all depends if you would like your own specific flat I guess.

out of curiosity, when you say that catered halls have to vacate over small holidays, where do they go, usually?
Reply 96
Original post by radicalace
out of curiosity, when you say that catered halls have to vacate over small holidays, where do they go, usually?

Home. You have to empty your room and take all your stuff back home with you or find a storage company for it.
Reply 97
Original post by radicalace

Home, I would guess 99% of the time.
Reply 98
Just got my accommodation offer :biggrin:, I'm in JoFo
The Coppice Flr 1 Flat 14!!
Anyone else in there, or in JoFo at all?
woohoo got my accomodation! In beaumont hall block 1 :biggrin: woulda preffered if it wasn't on the ground floor but atleast everything is sorted...almost

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending