The Student Room Group

TSR Kurdish Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Medicina
Awwwww :biggrin:

Thank God for me it's only like that the first day and the day before we leave, I never kiss back. I just hug and stand... :colondollar:

haha, I could never do that.....

I always hug back.....

and then if I like the person, I'll go for a kiss :sexface:

otherwise I'll just pretend :colone:
Reply 21
Original post by infernalcradle
haha, I could never do that.....

I always hug back.....

and then if I like the person, I'll go for a kiss :sexface:

otherwise I'll just pretend :colone:

Haha! Nice :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by Abir Ishtiaq
Yeah sounds like a good enough answer, but I don't think a few other points have been mentioned, but now I generally understand why Kurds want their own nation

Aha yeah

I guess we all have our own opinions. Those 3 are my reasons :smile:
Hello from the TSR Iranian Society :wavey:
Reply 24
Original post by Democracy
Hello from the TSR Iranian Society :wavey:

Why hello! :five:
Why hello! :five:

Hello!

Can I ask why I was negged? :s-smilie::tongue:
Reply 26
Hello!

Can I ask why I was negged? :s-smilie::tongue:

I'm so sorry! :s-smilie:

Having a touchscreen tablet doesn't help, I was supposed to click 'quote' but... :colondollar:
I'm so sorry! :s-smilie:

Having a touchscreen tablet doesn't help, I was supposed to click 'quote' but... :colondollar:

Understood :biggrin: I was just curious, I was wondering if you were secretly offended by non-threatening greetings :tongue:
Reply 28
Understood :biggrin: I was just curious, I was wondering if you were secretly offended by non-threatening greetings :tongue:

Haha! Nope :biggrin:

I just have big thumbs I guess :rolleyes:
Hello! A kurd from Koya here :biggrin:

Good to see there's a Kurd Soc here, definitely needed one!
Reply 30
Original post by coconut2456
Hello! A kurd from Koya here :biggrin:

Good to see there's a Kurd Soc here, definitely needed one!

Hi! :smile:

Indeed :rolleyes:
When was the last time you guys went back? Also, can you guys read/write in kurdish?

Na, all kurds are friendly and to demonstrate that have some rep :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 32
When was the last time you guys went back? Also, can you guys read/write in kurdish?

2010, for 3 full months :eek:

Unfortunately, I can't :frown:

How about you?
2010, for 3 full months :eek:

Unfortunately, I can't :frown:

How about you?

oh wow, I used to go back there every summer but haven't been back in 6 years! Will probably go back this year though :biggrin:

From a young age my parents sent me to a saturday school to improve my kurdish so I can read and write to a certain extent but I am terribly slow lol. Bit worried that after not having been back for so long that my kurdish has gotten so bad that my family will barely be able to understand me :frown:
Reply 34
oh wow, I used to go back there every summer but haven't been back in 6 years! Will probably go back this year though :biggrin:

From a young age my parents sent me to a saturday school to improve my kurdish so I can read and write to a certain extent but I am terribly slow lol. Bit worried that after not having been back for so long that my kurdish has gotten so bad that my family will barely be able to understand me :frown:

That's long! When we went back this year, it was my dads first time in 14 years...

Oh wow! That's great, I remember my parents sending me to something similar but tbh all I could write and read was 'dar' (tree) after 5 months so I stopped going :biggrin: I hated it anyway, teacher was horrible! I'm sure you'll be fine, I can talk fine but have a bit of a accent so people can guess straight away that its not my only language. My cousin described my kurdish as 'kurdish but with a walking stick' whatever that meant...
That's long! When we went back this year, it was my dads first time in 14 years...

Oh wow! That's great, I remember my parents sending me to something similar but tbh all I could write and read was 'dar' (tree) after 5 months so I stopped going :biggrin: I hated it anyway, teacher was horrible! I'm sure you'll be fine, I can talk fine but have a bit of a accent so people can guess straight away that its not my only language. My cousin described my kurdish as 'kurdish but with a walking stick' whatever that meant...

ah yes, I assume you got that kurdish book too? Dara doo dara dee (Dara saw two trees), classic. Yeah I get that too, my parents always say that I speak kurdish with an english accent and I always forget certain words so have to say it in english.

It's funny when some of my family try to speak english though, they always seem to mention something about a guy called Zakey who lost his keys on the street, apparently it's how they were taught it back in the day, don't know if you get that.

Besides the kurdish stuff, what are you studying at the moment? If you don't mind me asking ofc
Reply 36
ah yes, I assume you got that kurdish book too? Dara doo dara dee (Dara saw two trees), classic. Yeah I get that too, my parents always say that I speak kurdish with an english accent and I always forget certain words so have to say it in english.

It's funny when some of my family try to speak english though, they always seem to mention something about a guy called Zakey who lost his keys on the street, apparently it's how they were taught it back in the day, don't know if you get that.

Besides the kurdish stuff, what are you studying at the moment? If you don't mind me asking ofc

Haha yeah, I don't have just one but 3 copies plus a pocket sized one too :wink:

Zakey? Never heard that one before. I know right! So when we visit I have to think before I speak so I don't throw any English words around as that would be embarrassing :colondollar: but with my parents I just mix the whole thing.

I'm studying Maths, Chemistry and Psychology :smile: how about you?
Haha yeah, I don't have just one but 3 copies plus a pocket sized one too :wink:

Zakey? Never heard that one before. I know right! So when we visit I have to think before I speak so I don't throw any English words around as that would be embarrassing :colondollar: but with my parents I just mix the whole thing.

I'm studying Maths, Chemistry and Psychology :smile: how about you?

Yeah it's pretty annoying when you just can't think of the word in the kurdish and there is this awkward silence haha

I'm studying Medicine atm, what do you plan on doing after A levels?

Na, all kurds are friendly and to demonstrate that have some rep :tongue:

Sipas dekem :biggrin:
Reply 39
Yeah it's pretty annoying when you just can't think of the word in the kurdish and there is this awkward silence haha

I'm studying Medicine atm, what do you plan on doing after A levels?

Haha yeah

Nice :smile: Medicine too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending