The Student Room Group

UK Medical School International Applicants Discussion Megathread 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
Original post by Samy
I think I've just lost hope now,
I am still waiting on Leeds and Aberdeen but I figure its much too late to issue an interview.

I really wish they could just reject me so I can stop thinking about them :P

Either way, I have a couple different Plan B options and since my age (16 at the time I applied...) was an issue for some of the universities,
I figure I will try applying again next year if I cannot find another option.

Good luck to everyone waiting on an offer or interview!

Applying next year is a good option for you. You'll have your final grades (always better than having predicted grades), and you know more about admission process - for example, what universities you should apply to in order to maximize your chances.
Also, you can improve your application - UKCAT, PS and work exerience. If you didn't get interviews. there is a reason for that. You'll have very good chances next year. Good luck.
Reply 941
Original post by Metastasis
Grats! But which one will you be firming?

I'm still considering. How about you?

Original post by Samy
I think I've just lost hope now,
I am still waiting on Leeds and Aberdeen but I figure its much too late to issue an interview.

I really wish they could just reject me so I can stop thinking about them :P

Either way, I have a couple different Plan B options and since my age (16 at the time I applied...) was an issue for some of the universities,
I figure I will try applying again next year if I cannot find another option.

Good luck to everyone waiting on an offer or interview!

I haven't been rejected by Aberdeen yet despite not attending their interview. So don't fret if they haven't replied you. They could still be processing your application.

Original post by Ergo
I keep refreshing my inbox every 10 minutes to see if there are any university replies. fml. I really want an offer so bad :frown:

I'm sure you'll get your offers. Don't worry!
Original post by llamelvin
I'm still considering. How about you?

still waiting for 2 other schools replies! You? Have you heard from all alr?
Reply 943
still waiting for 2 other schools replies! You? Have you heard from all alr?

Well, I didn't interview with Aberdeen so their delayed replied is expected.
Manchester put me on hold.
Glasgow and Newcastle made more or less the same offer with IELTS. Just that the evidence of results part is different (Newcastle wants my original certs ASAP) and Glasgow needs £1k deposit for international students.

Idk really though. Still doing my comparisons between the two schools to decide. Probably gonna make a thread soon to ask opinions of the schools and cities as I've never been there before.

What schools' replies are you waiting for? And you reapplying for NUS? Currently compiling my application and I find the UK application to be easier :/
Reply 944
Original post by Iz08
Applying next year is a good option for you. You'll have your final grades (always better than having predicted grades), and you know more about admission process - for example, what universities you should apply to in order to maximize your chances.
Also, you can improve your application - UKCAT, PS and work exerience. If you didn't get interviews. there is a reason for that. You'll have very good chances next year. Good luck.

I did get an interview, just no offers yet :P
Original post by Samy

where at :smile:
Well, I didn't interview with Aberdeen so their delayed replied is expected.
Manchester put me on hold.
Glasgow and Newcastle made more or less the same offer with IELTS. Just that the evidence of results part is different (Newcastle wants my original certs ASAP) and Glasgow needs £1k deposit for international students.

Idk really though. Still doing my comparisons between the two schools to decide. Probably gonna make a thread soon to ask opinions of the schools and cities as I've never been there before.

What schools' replies are you waiting for? And you reapplying for NUS? Currently compiling my application and I find the UK application to be easier :/

Ah I see. Btw for your Newcastle offer did they include any email address to mail them the certs? Cause my details didn't state that :frown: Which is sort of weird and I think we can email them about IELTS and state that English is our first language so that we do not need to take the test (cost a couple of hundreds)

And no I got into the interview stage of NUS med so I can't apply already (and I doubt EIS will want me too...)

I'm waiting for Leicester and Aberdeen's replies :smile:
Reply 947
Original post by Samy

Then there is no reason to loose hope! You can still get offers.
Reply 948
Original post by excalibere
where at :smile:

A school in Ireland :rolleyes:
Reply 949
Original post by Samy
A school in Ireland :rolleyes:

Hi, Samy. I take it you're Canadian, or you live in Canada at least. I myself have also applied for medicine in Ireland. Which university did you have your interview at? I've applied to TCD directly and to UCD, NUIG and RCSI via the Atlantic Bridge Program, and I am yet to hear anything from any of them. Thanks in advance.
Has anyone heard anything or gotten accepted/interviewed for the A990 St. Andrews. I think Docterk2 was talking about it.

Thanks
Reply 951
Ah I see. Btw for your Newcastle offer did they include any email address to mail them the certs? Cause my details didn't state that :frown: Which is sort of weird and I think we can email them about IELTS and state that English is our first language so that we do not need to take the test (cost a couple of hundreds)

And no I got into the interview stage of NUS med so I can't apply already (and I doubt EIS will want me too...)

I'm waiting for Leicester and Aberdeen's replies :smile:

I haven't got their official letter yet, just the UCAS update with the decision letter which said they wanted original copies of our A level certs.

Waiting for the letter first though, as Glasgow's had so much more information on it pertaining to the acceptance of the offer.

I actually emailed the schools before I applied and they did mention they I would have to take IELTS. With the exception of Manchester who accepts Lang Arts, and Aberdeen with
Students who undertake IP would be expected to meet our usual A-level or International Baccalaureate requirements. Such students would not be required to undertake IELTS or TOEFL providing they undertook English at IB, or English in the General paper at A-level.
x

What -_- but it's so expensive and unnecessary! Urgh will email them and say that English is our first language *cries* Or I'll check with the unis this Sunday at the British Council event :smile: Will you be going?
Reply 953
Samy,

Congratulations! I just came back from UK and Dublin. I visited UCD. I like the city and UCD.

I had the interview at SGUL on Monday, just got an offer today, but I’m not sure I like London and SGUL.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 954
have anyone heard from Bristol yet?
Reply 955
Original post by bangbangbang
Has anyone heard anything or gotten accepted/interviewed for the A990 St. Andrews. I think Docterk2 was talking about it.

Thanks

I had an interview for A990 on Mar. 9, but no offer yet.
Reply 956
What -_- but it's so expensive and unnecessary! Urgh will email them and say that English is our first language *cries* Or I'll check with the unis this Sunday at the British Council event :smile: Will you be going?

Yeap, I asked about English requirements thinking it may be part of the interview shortlisting process. Actually asked quite a bit, due to time constraints in NS had to make sure I could attend the interviews and that they give deferred entry.

Doubt I'll be going for the fair. Checked out the page, only these 2 seminars interest me.
Preparing for entry into UK Medical school
By Bellerbys College
and
Financing your studies
By RHB Bank

A bit hard to ask about comparisons between the med schools at the fair as I don't think there will be representatives for every faculty, then again I'm not very sure.
May just drop by though, see if any last minute plans come up tmr.
Reply 957
Sweet, conditional offer from SGUL upon health/police check!
Reply 958
Original post by AbuAK
Sweet, conditional offer from SGUL upon health/police check!

Congrat! I got an email last Friday from SGUL for a conditional offer, but I have not got the official offer yet. Have you got the official offer?
Reply 959
Original post by ukmed108
Congrat! I got an email last Friday from SGUL for a conditional offer, but I have not got the official offer yet. Have you got the official offer?

My UCAS has been updated but I haven't received email from SGUL yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending