The Student Room Group
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe

Buckinghamshire new university!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
yer applied for child branch for September :smile: have u ?? interview was a week
today . xx
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe
Reply 21
I've applied for Adult for sept. I think all the branches work together for some of the first year. Good luck hope you get an offer and will see you in sept. do you live nearby the uni (Uxbridge campus)?
Finally! Been looking everywhere for New Bucks thread.

I've appled for Advertisement + Digital Communications

Havent visited the Uni, any idea what it and the town is like?
Reply 23
Original post by SarahC25
I've applied for Adult for sept. I think all the branches work together for some of the first year. Good luck hope you get an offer and will see you in sept. do you live nearby the uni (Uxbridge campus)?

Me2 hopefully see u in Sept !! i live in Sevenoaks in Kent so bout 1.5 h away what bout you ??
x
Reply 24
Original post by Average_Aaron
Finally! Been looking everywhere for New Bucks thread.

I've appled for Advertisement + Digital Communications

Havent visited the Uni, any idea what it and the town is like?

been to one open day and it seemed pretty good :smile:

massive shopping centre behind the uni with a cinema and some pubs and takeaways but that's about as much exploring as i got to do and that's only cuz i got lost... :smile:
Reply 25

I've just confirmed a unconditional offer for childs nursing for Feb 2013!! Excited!!
Reply 26
Original post by nlb112
Me2 hopefully see u in Sept !! i live in Sevenoaks in Kent so bout 1.5 h away what bout you ??
x

I live about 10 mins from Uxbridge, so I'm very local.:colondollar:
Reply 27
Original post by LucyRJM
I've just confirmed a unconditional offer for childs nursing for Feb 2013!! Excited!!

Well done! It is very exciting. I have had two friends who studied at bucks and now have really great jobs. Xx I can't wait to get started.
Reply 28
It just sucks that I have to wait nearly a year to get started!! AAhhhh!! I guess that what's I get from having a change in career.. Still exciting!!x
Does anyone know what the pubs/clubs are like at the High Wycombe campus? I'm hopefully going to be studying Audio and Music Production...
Reply 30
Original post by Ellis Anderson
Does anyone know what the pubs/clubs are like at the High Wycombe campus? I'm hopefully going to be studying Audio and Music Production...

Well I've lived all my life (apart from 3 years away for Uni) in High Wycombe or just outside it.

Sorry to disappoint but from a clubbing point of view wycombe isn't the place to be. If you're going clubbing from Wycombe then London is the best option. High Wycombe offers Pure or Yates as far as "clubs" go. Average at best.

There are a range of pubs though, I personally go to the Antelope as my mates do, although the god awful toilets and overall setup aren't great. There are lots of pubs dotted around though. There is Butlers, Falcon, William Loosely which are popular at the weekends.

There is the student union for you guys though, which I managed to get into once, wasn't bad, live music etc.

I hope I've sufficiently lowered your expectations of clubs, but not disappointed too much about pubs?

Have a good time.

P.S. A pint in return would be nice, remember, The Antelope :wink:
Reply 31
Original post by LucyRJM
It just sucks that I have to wait nearly a year to get started!! AAhhhh!! I guess that what's I get from having a change in career.. Still exciting!!x

I know how you feel. I first started thinking about applying over a year ago. Keep thinking if I had applied for last sept I would be half way through first year by now. At least I have had time to think and prepare myself and know its the right choice. I am changing career too after having two children didn't want to go back to same job. Xx
Original post by iSMark
Well I've lived all my life (apart from 3 years away for Uni) in High Wycombe or just outside it.

Sorry to disappoint but from a clubbing point of view wycombe isn't the place to be. If you're going clubbing from Wycombe then London is the best option. High Wycombe offers Pure or Yates as far as "clubs" go. Average at best.

There are a range of pubs though, I personally go to the Antelope as my mates do, although the god awful toilets and overall setup aren't great. There are lots of pubs dotted around though. There is Butlers, Falcon, William Loosely which are popular at the weekends.

There is the student union for you guys though, which I managed to get into once, wasn't bad, live music etc.

I hope I've sufficiently lowered your expectations of clubs, but not disappointed too much about pubs?

Have a good time.

P.S. A pint in return would be nice, remember, The Antelope :wink:

Aha well yes my expectations are lowered. I suppose I'll make do with the Student Union for clubbing then, and pubs for the rest of the time.

I'll bare the Antelope in mind, thanks for the info!
Reply 33
seems like ages until September now!
Reply 34
I know how you feel. I first started thinking about applying over a year ago. Keep thinking if I had applied for last sept I would be half way through first year by now. At least I have had time to think and prepare myself and know its the right choice. I am changing career too after having two children didn't want to go back to same job. Xx

Well hopefully it'll come round quickly for all of us!! Eeeeeekk!!
I'm on a music management course here already and I have to say the lecturers are all amazing so you really will enjoy yourselves :smile: if you have any questions feel free to ask
Reply 36
Original post by daniellehoo-hing
I'm on a music management course here already and I have to say the lecturers are all amazing so you really will enjoy yourselves :smile: if you have any questions feel free to ask

Do you have any work experience that school arranged for you? :smile:
Reply 37
Hi! 3rd year Airline and Airport Management student here!

Any questions? I'll be happy to help!!

In regards to nightlife: The Student Union (SU) is really good. Dirt cheap prices for drinks and Weds (Frat) and Friday (Flirt) are the main events. As a first year, you can't get enough of it :smile:. Free entry always helps :tongue:.
Reply 38
I'm currently writing my personal statement in a rush to apply to do Music Management starting this September. Wish me luck, hopefully I'll see some of you guys!

PS Is anybody here a mature student? I finished my A Levels in 2010 so I feel old haha!
Reply 39
Does anyone know where I cann find the course contents?? I mean exact modules and what they are about etc.? I can't find it anywhere on their page.

Quick Reply