The Student Room Group

Missing Insurance Offer?

If you miss your insurance offer (and they have no spare positions)...

You can obviously go to clearing.

Assuming you do not want to take that opportunity, and want to take a year out, what happens?

Do you have to resit the entire A2 year, or is it simply a matter of resitting one or two modules that you missed an A boundary by say a mark?

If this were the case, how do you get into uni the following academic year? Do you completely have to re-apply?

Really been wondering about this, as I have almost no clue...

Cheers.
Reply 1
From experience of a few friends being in this situation last year, you can just resit whatever modules you need to bring your mark up. As for University - you have to reapply and hope you get the same offers as far as I'm aware.
Reply 2
Bump...

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation Z710e
Reply 3
Third bump...

Reply 4
Original post by Sgt.Incontro
Bump...

You resit the modules you did badly in, not the whole A2. Then you completely reapply.
Reply 5
Original post by Shelly_x
You resit the modules you did badly in, not the whole A2. Then you completely reapply.

This. Would've thought your tutors/teachers could tell you that though.

Some Universities don't like people who've had to re-sit and take a year out though.
Reply 6
Original post by Shelly_x

Thanks!

Original post by Aquinas
This. Would've thought your tutors/teachers could tell you that though.

Some Universities don't like people who've had to re-sit and take a year out though.

Thanks also. Do you think this will have a substantial negative impact on receiving offers then, for say a course like engineering?

Cheers.
Original post by Sgt.Incontro
Thanks!

Thanks also. Do you think this will have a substantial negative impact on receiving offers then, for say a course like engineering?

Cheers.

I did this with architecture this year and got the same offers as before, just call the unis and ask if they would consider you as a re-applicant next year. In my experience they generally have no qualms.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending