The Student Room Group

Mcdonalds Interview Panic!

what shall I wear/how smart?

what happens at the interview?

please help it's at 3 oclock today need info quick :eek:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Chill and calm down gianthead. Wear something smart but not ott. Maybe a shirt and trousers, I don't think a tie is necessary. I can almost guarantee you it will be a one on one interview. Research McDonalds if you want you, but I think everyone will agree that we all know a lot about them. Be enthusiastic, smile keep eye contact and remember to shake hands. Questions they might ask are:

Why do you want to work for McDonalds?
What can you offer to McDonalds?
What would you do if an unhappy customer was complaining about this/that product?
How will you be able to adapt in a fast paced environment?

And most importantly do you have any questions to ask? Always think of something, because this shows you have an interest in working for the company. Relax a bit, it's ok to be nervous because everyone in this situation will be, as a little stress will make you perform that much better. And finally just don't panic.

P.S. Where is the location of this McDonalds, because where I live they don't seem to be recruiting.
Reply 2
thanks for the advice

I've passed the first round, would you believe there has to be two rounds of interviews burger flipping? 2nd round is a 20min experience session and a 'nice chat' :p:

It's in Sutton Coldfield, not very close to where you are I'm afraid.
relax! i work at mcdonalds. and trust me i got an interview too when i applied. it's really simple. just wear casual clothes (well thats what i wore - jeans and a top) and if it's your first interview and you are in a group, just try to answer every question the person interviewing your group asks. questions are dead simple - like how would you treat customers so on, not rocket science!

by the way, macdonalds pay isnt too good. just so that u know. i'm planning to get another part-time job somewhere else.
what is the pay like there? i want to apply at my local one. thanks.
Reply 5
It's not even an "Interview" as such, they'll employ anybody. You're cheap, easy labour to them. Sorry to say it, but you'd be better off working somewhere else.

Anyway, more to the point... if you went in a smart pair of jeans and a t-shirt, you would have been fine.
Reply 6
Wow, i go to school in sutton coldfield and pass that mcdonalds every day. How exciting, i know.
Reply 7
Im 16 and i get £4.10 P.H. Not that bad, not thta good either. But i love it, loads of crew nights out, and its a good laugh
Reply 8
girl afraid
It's not even an "Interview" as such, they'll employ anybody. You're cheap, easy labour to them. Sorry to say it, but you'd be better off working somewhere else.

Anyway, more to the point... if you went in a smart pair of jeans and a t-shirt, you would have been fine.
I don't care how little I'll get paid, there's a minimum wage. if they hire me that easily I'm in luck

jeans and button shirt
eXis
Im 16 and i get £4.10 P.H. Not that bad, not thta good either. But i love it, loads of crew nights out, and its a good laugh

Thanks, will keep that in mind! :biggrin:
Reply 10
just to revive this topic:

I'm through to the 2nd round (would you believe) which is happening tomorrow. I've gotta wear some black trousers and they'll lend me a McD shirt so I can serve at the counter for 20 min and then they'll have a 'chat' with me.
I'm a nervous wreck again! apart from smiling till my face cracks how can I make my performance shine? what's the chat gonna be about that didn't happen in first interview?
anyone been through this ghastly system? any tips?

cheers
Reply 11
Calm down! 2nd round is not hard, just be polite and friendly and you'll be fine. After you've done the counter for a bit they'll take you to the crew room and you're supposed to watch a video and do a fill in the blanks test on it. I never saw the video and was given the answers!:biggrin: It's a pretty cool place to work cos everyone's your age even the managers so everyone has a laugh. My Mc Donalds is really flexible too, you can book days off and just come back for holidays when you're at uni, where as most places will expect you to transfer. Good luck!
Reply 12
2 interviews required for burger flipping :confused:

Second time round: 'your buger flipping isn't quite to our taste and professionalism. You're not hired. Sorry'.

Cheeky buggers.
Reply 13
I went through the second interview ok, now I'm expecting a reply today or tomorrow.
I've been told that if they say they'll get back to you by a certain date that means they're interested and if they just say they'll contact you without specifying a date they've ruled you out. Is there any truth in this?
Reply 14
I don't know about that, they just hired me at the interview and the next week they rang to tell me my shifts. ?????? Did they take your bank details or anything?
Reply 15
tuesday evening and no reply yet
I intend to phone tomorrow, but I want to know what chance I've got. As they didn't get back to me at the time they said does that mean I'm doomed? Any idea?

:redface:
don't care how little I'll get paid, there's a minimum wage

Isn't the under 18 minimum wage £3.30??
Reply 17
I think its £3
Reply 18
The pressure must be really getting to you. I'd wear a tuxedo if I were you.
Reply 19
kacas
Isn't the under 18 minimum wage £3.30??
I'm 19 so I'd get £4.25 or something

they won't communicate so I guess they don't want me

Rejected by McDonalds!!!!!:eek:

Quick Reply